First day of all day carry yesterday....

First day went without incident. Although I'm still having issues with current wardrobe (all my tshirts are short and not very baggy), I wore a jacket most of the day, so it was ok. I can't imagine getting away undetected in the summer. I'm still looking for a good position that's comfy and not obvious. 4 oclock is the most comfortable, but it leaves a big bulge...oh well trial and error. Plus, I'm gonna order a new holster that should help....

There was almost an incindent witha afew punk teenagers, but that's different story...

As you make slight changes to your wardrobe and eventual changes to your mindset, carrying will become second nature. You'll be the most nervous when you are not carrying!

Congrats on the taste of freedom.

summer time if you have a crossbreed supertuck type holster and a button down shirt or even a tshirt 1 size up you should be fine...worked for me, works for a bunch of my friends...maybe it'll work for you

First day went without incident. Although I'm still having issues with current wardrobe (all my tshirts are short and not very baggy), I wore a jacket most of the day, so it was ok. I can't imagine getting away undetected in the summer. I'm still looking for a good position that's comfy and not obvious. 4 oclock is the most comfortable, but it leaves a big bulge...oh well trial and error. Plus, I'm gonna order a new holster that should help....

There was almost an incindent witha afew punk teenagers, but that's different story...

Wardrobe needs to change with concealed carry.

As far as punk teenagers... walk away.
Them being punks may turn you into a convicted felon.

summer time if you have a crossbreed supertuck type holster and a button down shirt or even a tshirt 1 size up you should be fine...worked for me, works for a bunch of my friends...maybe it'll work for you

+1 on the supertuck!

Well, it's related because... As I realized you have to act a little differently when you carry... I'm not really one for putting my head down and walking away from confrontations... which is what I basically had to do.. The whole story is pretty stupid, and actually these punks were lucky I was carrying, otherwise I would have dragged each one out of their car and beat them to a pulp... Who would have known, guns have made me calmer...lol

Last edited:
I have to ask - maybe I did not follow - what gun where you CC? Just interested.

I had carried a few different models until I settled on a S&W 642 - pocket carry is simple and easly concealed.

A common sentiment from armed citizens.

Plus +10 I find myself not even bothering to give it a second look un-less it involves me.

Don't get me wrong if I seen someone being attacked or a women being assaulted I might step in, but it would be more of a physical nature than hardware.[wink]

I wouldn't worry so much about printing, as long as you have a shirt that covers the entire holster. I was nervous about printing when I first started carrying, especially because I OWB carry, but others told me it was nothing to worry about. Turns out, no one ever notices that the bulge on my hip is a gun (and if they do, no one's said anything yet, LEOs included). I've bought some t-shirts that are one size larger than what I normally wear, and this ensures that the muzzle never makes a cameo when I reach for things on the top shelf.

But seriously, I walked around all summer with short sleeve Iron Maiden tees, and no one commented once on the fact that there's a full size handgun under my shirt on my right hip.

Well, it's related because... As I realized you have to act a little differently when you carry... I'm not really one for putting my head down and walking away from confrontations... which is what I basically had to do.. The whole story is pretty stupid, and actually these punks were lucky I was carrying, otherwise I would have dragged each one out of their car and beat them to a pulp... Who would have known, guns have made me calmer...lol

It absolutely made me calmer. I use to get flipped off at least 2 or 3 times a day driving now I let the other guy getaway with the illegal turns, merges or whatever without trying to put them in the woods with the Super Duty, I wont have more than 1 beer/drink if I am going to be driving and I am now far less likely to confront the everyday DB when they do something stupid that has zero impact on me. I do not want to be deemed unsuitable for stupidity.

carrying SW m&p .40c

Loose clothing one size up (even t-shirts) will conceal that bad boy no problem with the right holster. Even in the summertime. I find dark-colored shirts with no graphics on the back conceal potential printing issues best.

Hey, even if somebody sees your holster how does anyone know there is a gun in it?

I see those security guys at the mall with empty holsters all the time!

With a good IWB holster you should be able to carry that M&P 40c with nothing more than a moderately loose t-shirt for cover.

I found my wardrobe now includes a large variety of one size to big button ups that cover what is visible of my IWB. In the summer it's wife beater under shirts and then full t-shirts in the winter.

when i started carrying i had the same problem with 4 oclock. it was more comfy, but i printed bad. i tried 3 oclock and it wasnt comfy at all....but i didnt print. i have eventually come to get used to it and also my back hurts less from driving since im not being pushed forward on one side.

also you will get more used to it once you find proper shirts. i carry a glock 23 in a tshirt all summer. i rock a white undershirt, and a regular tshirt (not always big and baggy) and its quite easy

I do the button up untucked shirt most of the time with a G30 in an IWB holster at 2:00. When I started carrying in April I changed my whole wardrobe, and have never had a problem.

I totally agree with everyone when they say carrying makes you a calmer citizen. Its funny how the anti gun people thinks once a person gets a gun they are like a bunch of cowboys.

I have been out in the summer and wearing a light jacket then it just got to hot. I have taken my camera out of its case and put the gun in the camera case with it around my waist. It's there and in the open and I have never had anyone give it a second look. Hidden in plain site.

Back
Top Bottom