First and last order with Troy Industries

Ordered 2 slings from them, paid for one via paypal(instant cash in their account) and one via credit card over the phone on the same order. This was March 19th. The website made no mention of backorder or delayed shipment. Waited for days with no change to my order. Finally called and talked to Samantha in sales, who said they would ship beginning of next week(March 30th). Nothing shipped all last week.

Called back today, got Lauren on the phone this time. Said she had no clue and couldn't tell me anything about my order or when it will be shipping. It's slightly annoying that distributors have their slings in stock, but they do not. Had I known they were on backorder, I would never have made the paypal payment or authorized my credit card over the phone. I don't care so much about the sling I put on my credit card being on backorder, but if they have my cash now like they do for the first sling, I expect to have my order in a timely manner. I will call back tomorrow and try and get Samantha.

Like I said, first and last order with them. If I want a Troy product, I'll order it from a distributor and pay the same. [angry]

yeah their website sucks as far as utility goes.

I ordered a sling mount from them about 2 weeks ago and they called me a few days later to tell me it was on backorder and would be about 2 weeks. During the phonecall I asked her to verify the contents of the order and they had me down for a black one instead of the flat dark earth that I ordered. She said she changed the order to flat dark earth for me, but then I checked my original order confirmation e-mail and I had indeed ordered a flat dark earth mount to begin with. I don't know what was up with that, but a few hours later she called me back and said my credit card was declined, which is impossible unless they screwed something up because I used my debit card and I have plenty of cash in my checking, and used autofill originally and triple checked the info as usual. I re-gave them the information and haven't heard from them since. *shrug*

Ordered from them plenty of times before... they're usually a lot slower than other places I've dealt with but this is the first time I've actually had any difficulties.

Unfortunately I had a similar experience. I ordered a single point sling, sling adapter, rail forend and BUIS over the phone because their website didn't work. Three weeks later I called and canceled it because my order was still on backorder and I had to be the one to call every so often to check on it. Unfortunate because I really like their stuff...now I have to get it piecemeal elsewhere.

Wow, glad to see I'm not the only one who has a problem with them. I'll find out tomorrow what the deal is and cancel my order if needed.

Back
Top Bottom