Firefighter appeals denial of license to carry gun

I find the entire issue of licencing for CCW both perplexing and disturbing. I have a licence to drive a car and a pilots licence ( flight instructor). The drivers licence was issued to me by MA, my pilots licence is issued by the FFA. Both allow me to drive a car or fly a plane anywhere in the USA. I can rent a car , or plane, anywhere in the country. I can rent and drive a car pretty much anywhere in the world on my MA drivers licence...and my pilots licence is recognised in many other countries... Yet my own state may or may not issue a CCW licence depending on where I live??? I live in a town with a good police chief, who knows that by the nature of what I do, I have good cause to have a CCW...but even if I didn't, I would have still got the LTCA...my wife was issued hers in about 30 days

Why does this happen across the state? Why does my MA CCW not translate to a national right to CC?? Why do I have to leave my CCW at home if I am going out of state?

Not being a victim yet, i couldnt do that.

My good friend Ray Mosher at BPD told me that if I had already been a victim of a violent crime, then they'd consider letting my apply for an ALP LTC.

No mention if it would come with a time machine, though, so that I could avoid getting my ass kicked in the first place, let alone defend myself from the same.

Have I mentioned what a douchetoad that guy is?

Maybe there could be a little side business for the gang members in Dorchester, assaulting people who want to get their gun licenses. Then you could show that you have reason to fear being attacked.

I had a friend and neighbor in Boston who was a Boston cop. He offered to drop me off in the hood and wait around the corner in his cruiser while I got myself jumped, if that would help me get a real LTC.

Have I mentioned what a douchetoad that guy is?

No, I don't think you had mentioned that.

But it reminds me a bit of a conversation I had with a guy while I was living in Worcester. He thought it was a bit ... extreme of me to carry a gun all the time.

"Well," I said, "you know, I don't live in the best neighborhood. And I often come home pretty late. You never know if some thug is going to be waiting in the shadows to bash my brains in to see if I have some money in my pockets."

"Yeah," he replied. "but nine times outta ten that's not gonna happen."

Uh huh.

Back
Top Bottom