• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firefighter accidentlly shoots girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicker96FS

NES Member
Wow!

Poor girl! I am sure she is pissed!

Bad boy was not licensed! I am shocked that public employees think they are above the law! [shocked] (some)

Just before 1 a.m. Thursday, firefighter Larry Trammell told police officers that he heard someone inside his 551 W. Elm Street home in Brockton and, thinking it was an intruder, he fired his gun.
snip.
The 56-year-old firefighter, who is based at a Brighton station, wasn't licensed to carry the gun and now faces several weapons charges.

link:
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/25848869/detail.html

homer-simpson-doh.gif

What would top this story off is if they found out the gun was stolen from a house that he put the fire out at.

What would top this story off is if they found out the gun was stolen from a house that he put the fire out at.

That happens more often that you know.
My uncle had a fire in his house back in the early 70's.
The FF's put out the fire and saved most of the house, but several valuable items were noticed missing afterwards.
This includes a Schnellfeur and a Drilling that he brought back from WW2 in Europe.
Since the Schnellfeur wasn't registered with an NFA tax stamp, he kept his mouth shut.

[rolleyes]

My uncle had a fire in his house back in the early 70's.
The FF's put out the fire and saved most of the house, but several valuable items were noticed missing afterwards.
This includes a Schnellfeur and a Drilling that he brought back from WW2 in Europe.
Since the Schnellfeur wasn't registered with an NFA tax stamp, he kept his mouth shut.

[rolleyes]

Where's my shocked face?

Great, I'll be sure to tell my hubby in addition to picking up brains and body parts off the interstates & train tracks, saving kids and pets from pools, lakes, and ponds, putting out fires usually due to stupidity, responding to unknown 911 calls in which anthrax packages are delivered, picking up drunks in the middle of the road, responding to suicides, horrific vehicle crashes in which the unrestrained drive begs for him to save them and promises next time they will wear their seatbelt,....... he's thought of as just a common thief, and above the law, I'm sure my kids will be honored to know that's how people think of their dad.

Of course you all run into burning buildings as your full time job, and get paid less than the toll takers on the mass pike....... love the judgements.

Gotta love the media, they ALWAYS print the facts, and NEVER put spin on their stories.....

Gotta love the media, they ALWAYS print the facts, and NEVER put spin on their stories.....

I'm not saying all FF's are crooks, but this happens often enough that even the Simpsons had an episode about it.

The episode is entitled "Crook and Ladder"

http://www.wtso.net/movie/101-The_Simpsons_1819_Crook_and_Ladder.html

Homer, Moe, Apu, and Principal Skinner become volunteer firefighters ...
<snip>
but when the free stuff they get out of gratitude stops, well, let's just say that there's a lot of, er, "fire-damaged" goods they take care of

200px-SimpsonsE18S19.jpg

*yawn*

Hey now, no one is making a blanket statement that all FF'ers are thieves. It just would be funny if there was more to the story, that's all.

And as a side note, no one forced your husband to take the job he has. While everyone I'm sure can agree we're thankful he's a firefighter and providing the service he does, here in the United States no one forces another person to take a job against their will. We all choose our own career path. Your husband chose the path to be a firefighter, and he assumed all the risk that comes with the job as well.

So please put the sympathy card away.

I'm not saying all FF's are crooks, but this happens often enough that even the Simpsons had an episode about it.

The episode is entitled "Crook and Ladder"

http://www.wtso.net/movie/101-The_Simpsons_1819_Crook_and_Ladder.html

200px-SimpsonsE18S19.jpg

Must be true then, since there is a cartoon about it....... who knew Wily E Coyote and Roadrunner were visionaries. Really glad I don't live my life in a TV.

Just wondering when you ran into a burning building, while you were putting out the flames did you see what your could score?
When was the last time you had to be treated for anthrax, did you check the abortion clinic for some good meds?

Seriously, your reference is a cartoon?????

Must be true then, since there is a cartoon about it....... who knew Wily E Coyote and Roadrunner were visionaries. Really glad I don't live my life in a TV.

Just wondering when you ran into a burning building, while you were putting out the flames did you see what your could score?
When was the last time you had to be treated for anthrax, did you check the abortion clinic for some good meds?

OK, serious question. Have you expressed to your husband the concern you have about his job as much as you have expressed it to us in just two posts in thread? I'm guessing not and I suggest you do so since it really seems to bother you. Maybe you giving him an ultimatum could be your best bet to put him in a safer career.

Of course you all run into burning buildings as your full time job, and get paid less than the toll takers on the mass pike....... love the judgements.

Last time I checked, a man is free to choose his own profession in this country. Don't pick a career and then bitch about how it doesn't pay as much as the next. If you want to make as much as a toll taker, go be a friggin toll taker. If you want to run into burning buildings, go run into burning buildings. Its not rocket science.

I personally don't want to run into burning buildings for what that average salary is, so I sit on my fat friggin ass doing something that makes more like what I want to make. Really, its that simple. Everyone wants to bitch and moan and look like a hero and get sympathy out of everyone else.

Last edited:
OK, serious question. Have you expressed to your husband the concern you have about his job as much as you have expressed it to us in just two posts in thread? I'm guessing not and I suggest you do so since it really seems to bother you. Maybe you giving him an ultimatum could be your best bet to put him in a safer career.

He is well aware of the risks, as am I. (We had that talk years ago, not that you should be giving advice about it)

This is NOT about his career. Completely missing the point as expected.

A blanket statement WAS made. You are condemning a person, without having all the facts. FF's were all lumped into the same, above the law, thieving mold.

He is well aware of the risks, as am I. (We had that talk years ago, not that you should be giving advice about it)

This is NOT about his career. Completely missing the point as expected.

A blanket statement WAS made. You are condemning a person, without having all the facts. FF's were all lumped into the same, above the law, thieving mold.

A blanket statement was not made. Please quote where it said all firefighters are thieves and I'd be happy to apologize.

You not only missed the concept of the replies of this thread, but your now whining about what's involved in the career path of firefighter for some reason that even other people in this thread cannot figure out.

<snip>

Did you ever wonder where a lot of these script ideas come from?
Um, maybe REAL LIFE situations. ?

Just because your SO is a firefighter and an honest guy, do you really believe that every FF is above breaking a law or two?
I told you what happened to my uncle, I didn't make that up.
How about those two Boston FF's that were killed in that W. Roxbury restaurant fire about 5 years ago, one was drunk and the other was on cocaine. That's not exactly legal is it? Just because they're FF's and looked upon as heros doesn't make them immune to the same corruptions as the rest of society.

Every FF I know can't wait to fight a fire. Problem is, most FFs are lucky (or unlucky if you're married to one) if they see one fire a year.

I do believe that I said "some" PUBLIC EMPLOYEES, not singling out FF.

However, I know a guy that was present at a fire in Boston at a warehouse fire and everyone in the station and every cop that was on duty had tires for their cars for the next ten years................. just saying....

Some of us had to run into buildings where ak47's or worse were fired at us.
I appreciate your choice, it takes a special kind of person to run towards danger, when others cower in fear. Thanks for putting yourself in harms way, while others criticize your choice.

As a side note: Careful about posting that, next thing you know they will tell you, since you chose that career, you need to stop playing the sympathy card. Oh, and I'm sure while you were being fired upon, you were looking for a good score. After all it must be true, it's on TV, and in the media. LOL

I think Keylimes point is the title of the article. Being a firefighter is irrelevant to the story. It should read: Jackass shoots girlfriend by accident. Public employees are easy targets and take alot of crap because of stupid people that happen to have the same job. There is stupid people in every type of job.

I would love to see headlines that say: Plumber arrested for stealing medication from customer, or Draftsman arrested for DUI, or Software Developer arrested for B and E, or Office Clerk busted for passing bad checks. This will never happen because it will not help sell newspapers.

Zappa: sorry that happened to your uncle, but it could have just as easily been your landscaper, or painter, or punk down the street.

Keylime: sticks and stones..... who cares what someone says. You know your hubby is honest, thats all that matters. I stopped defending these comments a long time ago because it can sound like whinning, and it wont change the headline. I know what I do and I'm quietly proud of it, I sleep well at night.

Zappa: sorry that happened to your uncle, but it could have just as easily been your landscaper, or painter, or punk down the street.

I disagree, the landscaper, painter or punk wouldn't have been inside the house without the owner being home unless they broke in.
The FD entered the house under rule of law and ordered the occupants to leave while they had free access to all of the homes contents.
It's bad when a common criminal does it, but worse when those entrusted to protect us do it.

Did you ever wonder where a lot of these script ideas come from?
Um, maybe REAL LIFE situations. ?

Just because your SO is a firefighter and an honest guy, do you really believe that every FF is above breaking a law or two?
I told you what happened to my uncle, I didn't make that up.
How about those two Boston FF's that were killed in that W. Roxbury restaurant fire about 5 years ago, one was drunk and the other was on cocaine. That's not exactly legal is it? Just because they're FF's and looked upon as heros doesn't make them immune to the same corruptions as the rest of society.

And what about tow truck drivers? They have such a squeaky clean record, huh???

:)

Kind of off topic but the bourbon is makin me post this [wink] About 15 years back in Warwick RI my aunt was sitting on her back porch with some family members. Her then boyfriend at the time went to go show a buddy his fathers rifle. Never checked to see if it was loaded and shot a round through the wall and into my aunts spine. She is now paralyzed from the neck down. Never got in trouble for it and left her a couple years later.

Again sorry for going off topic. Damn Jim Bean

More cop and firefighting bashing on here. It gets old.

I don't do coke, I don't drink on duty, and I do not steal. You must have something bad on me I do.

The only thing prevalent on this thread is jealousy and animosity. I'll send you an application, but something tell me you don't have the smarts or balls to compete against 3,000 people for one job.

[rolleyes]

How about some proof. More often than I know? Why because it happened to your uncle in the 70's? How many other people do you know this happen to? How about how many more you read about this happened to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom