Firefighter accidentlly shoots girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your choice, it takes a special kind of person to run towards danger, when others cower in fear. Thanks for putting yourself in harms way, while others criticize your choice.

As a side note: Careful about posting that, next thing you know they will tell you, since you chose that career, you need to stop playing the sympathy card. Oh, and I'm sure while you were being fired upon, you were looking for a good score. After all it must be true, it's on TV, and in the media. LOL

you are talking out of your a**, so cut it out.

When you pick one person that scores the highest out of 3,000 people, you are getting a pretty intelligent person. Just imagine that type of competition in all jobs.

I'd have to disagree. Its all about a lucky Saturday when you take the test. Im there, I know. I work with some brilliant people, and some that are so stupid I cant believe can find their way in to work in the am.

And LOTS of games are played still today despite any lawsuits, oversight, etc. But this is the same as it is in the private sector, there really is minimal difference. Its just a bit harder to terminate the dopes in the public sector.

The point is the job is not relevant to the story. Only his name is. He is the one that did it.

You speak and yet you do not know. That is not how the fire department or police departments hire. You take a test. You get extra points for military, emt, and residency. You get a final score. Then they hire in order of that final score. No favors or paybacks. Sorry to burst your tin foil bubble.

please, the whole civil service process is a damned joke..

I dedicate this video to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Popcorn.gif

True....True

And the only thing that 3k people competing for one job means is that you get the best of the best.

Actually, you usually get the chosen skin color and gender long before you get the best of the best when it comes to jobs like that. Another reason I'm not interested. In my field, if I "only" score a 90 and I'm white, I still get the job if I'm the best.

On another note. One of my best friends is a FF and he will not pick up a dime off the sidewalk.
I asked him why and he said "because it's not mine".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom