Firefighter accidentlly shoots girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what about tow truck drivers? They have such a squeaky clean record, huh???

I didn't say that all, I didn't even imply it, there are dirtbags in all aspects of society.
There are lowlifes that'll stab you for $10 as well as bankers that'll steal you life savings.

How about some proof. More often than I know? Why because it happened to your uncle in the 70's? How many other people do you know this happen to? How about how many more you read about this happened to?

You have no idea how many of these incidents get covered up or simply don't make the news. Like bank robberies, they happen every day, but very few ever make the news. Therefore not many people know about them.
Just because it doesn't make the news and you're personally not aware of it doesn't mean these things don't happen.

Sensitive much? Great googily moogily no one condemned anyone or anyone's husband. Lighten up Francis and let's dial it back from 11.

And we ALL know tow truck drivers are crooked as hell.

The only thing prevalent on this thread is jealousy and animosity. I'll send you an application, but something tell me you don't have the smarts or balls to compete against 3,000 people for one job.

Why is that public servants seem to be the most hyper-sensitive about their jobs ?

3K people applying for one job should tell you one thing,there are plenty of people willing to do what you do.

I disagree, the landscaper, painter or punk wouldn't have been inside the house without the owner being home unless they broke in.

Maybe in Candyland....Most people I know work and have to "trust" a tradesman for a repair to their house while they are out earning a living. I know several people who have had some strange things happen to them in these circumstances, some of them by family members. Even when your home you can get screwed. But you will never see those headlines, only the public employee ones.

You have no idea how many of these incidents get covered up or simply don't make the news. Like bank robberies, they happen every day, but very few ever make the news. Therefore not many people know about them.
Just because it doesn't make the news and you're personally not aware of it doesn't mean these things don't happen.

I'm not saying firefighters are perfect. There are scumbags in my profession just like any other, but I have never heard of any incident like this Metro Boston South. Not even a rumor of that happening.

Now stealing one's wife is a different story. [smile]

Popcorn.gif

Why is that public servants seem to be the most hyper-sensitive about their jobs ?

3K people applying for one job should tell you one thing,there are plenty of people willing to do what you do.

Simple. We are constantly being slandered. I knew a doctor who diddled little kids. I never read how bad doctors are.

And the only thing that 3k people competing for one job means is that you get the best of the best.

Simple. We are constantly being slandered. I knew a doctor who diddled little kids. I never read how bad doctors are.

And the only thing that 3k people competing for one job means is that you get the best of the best.

In a private sector job you get the best of the best where they have to hire the best..But we are talking about a public sector job in Massachusetts where there are quotas to fill and favors to repay.

That's like saying only the best applicants become tolltakers on the Pike.

Huh what about being experts of the disability claims ?

No LTC ? One Year Automatic Jail ?

Last edited:
In a private sector job you get the best of the best where they have to hire the best..But we are talking about a public sector job in Massachusetts where there are quotas to fill and favors to repay.

You speak and yet you do not know. That is not how the fire department or police departments hire. You take a test. You get extra points for military, emt, and residency. You get a final score. Then they hire in order of that final score. No favors or paybacks. Sorry to burst your tin foil bubble.

Maybe in Candyland....Most people I know work and have to "trust" a tradesman for a repair to their house while they are out earning a living.

Maybe to some degree, but this is far from the norm.
Many, if not most, also have wives or other family members that are there to let these people in the door when they arrive, or make arangements for someone to be there.
Also, when you hire someone to work on your house, you have a choice on who that person will be. You ask around for references and check their reputations before you hire them. If you have suspicions, you have the choice of NOT hiring them for the job. When your house is on fire, you DON'T have a choice of who responds, you get whoever the city sends. For the most part you don't know who they are, or their reputations, all you can do is trust them blindly.

I know several people who have had some strange things happen to them in these circumstances, some of them by family members. Even when your home you can get screwed. But you will never see those headlines, only the public employee ones.

Wrong.
I must read more news than you do, but I'm always hearing stories of how people get robbed by maids or by caretakers for the elderly etc. Granted, most of these stories don't make the news either outside of local police blotter reportings.
When public sector employees are involved in these activities, the news media may sometimes hype them more, as they should, because these people represent our local governments and are paid for out of our tax revenue!

Hilarious! The whole 3k people competing for one job....once again,YOU CHOOSE TO COMPETE WITH THOSE ODDS. People must live under a rock if they think because they were picked they are the "best of the best."

That was just the media spinning things around and taking things out of perspective.

Why because a couple out of hundreds of thousands tried scamming the system? Keep up with that one.

You speak and yet you do not know. That is not how the fire department or police departments hire. You take a test. You get extra points for military, emt, and residency. You get a final score. Then they hire in order of that final score. No favors or paybacks. Sorry to burst your tin foil bubble.

Are you implying that nobody ever got preferential treatment in civil service hirings because they were politically connected?
So no city councilmans BIL ever got moved up on the FD list because he knew somebody, eh?
And you really believe that?

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

Why because a couple out of hundreds of thousands tried scamming the system? Keep up with that one.

A couple ?

Hundreds of thousands firefighters..in MA ? There probably aren't hundreds of thousands of firefighters on the eastern seaboard.

Ok Ok,you win..

You are a very very very special person.You are the smartest and most bravest person,a person that could have made hundreds of millions of dollars perfecting cold fusion and give the world cheap energy for 100's of years.But thanks to the kindness of your heart,you threw away the opportunity to do this and grace the public with your awesomeness to be a firefighter because nobody else was smart enough,or brave enough to do the job.

Please don't try to bullshit me and say that getting a public sector job is as easy as scoring high on a test.

Last edited:
Hilarious! The whole 3k people competing for one job....once again,YOU CHOOSE TO COMPETE WITH THOSE ODDS. People must live under a rock if they think because they were picked they are the "best of the best."

Never once did I complain about competing against these jobs. You DO NOT NEED TO USE CAPS TO TELL ME. I am just laying out the process to those who don't know.

When you pick one person that scores the highest out of 3,000 people, you are getting a pretty intelligent person. Just imagine that type of competition in all jobs.

Again, jealously and animosity will get you no where quick. I love my job. I love helping people. I love racing around in shiny red trucks. You can say anyone can do the job, but when you are in a dark smokey hallway looking for someones kid, we'll see who has "it" and who doesn't. I'm sure you'd rather prefer that any minimum wage fast food worker to save you family than a intelligent professional.

Maybe he didn't get the gun in a fire theft. Maybe he found it when he was landscaping the other three days of the week.

Are you implying that nobody ever got preferential treatment in civil service hirings because they were politically connected?
So no city councilmans BIL ever got moved up on the FD list because he knew somebody, eh?
And you really believe that?

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

Again, you get a test score and they hire based on your ranking. The only thing that differs from that was the hiring of minority firefighters to fill quotas. Even that was corrected through a lawsuit and the highest ranking people were hired.

This thread is going no where. Just like the other cop and fire threads on here. Sorry there are people out there feel like that. I'm done.

[rofl2][rofl2][rofl2]
You're doing it wrong. I have a niece whose boyfriend just got hired from the 911 dispatch, a job he took specifically to get an in on the PD job. I have a nephew who is doing the same. I got a lecture on gun rights from the CLEO of my PD who, during his lecture, told me how he got his first PD job by kissing the ass of the CLEO who was in the town as a late teen (this was in the 60s/70s). He was hired by that guy and sent to the academy. We are glad to see him gone now and NO ONE would say this was the best guy for the job.

Bottom line, the job that this guy held was completely irrelevant to the OP story. Period.

This thread is going no where. Just like the other cop and fire threads on here. Sorry there are people out there feel like that. I'm done.

Why would you fail to add teachers and other public workers to your above statement . Teachers take the biggest hit here . Do you think you are better than the rest ?

[rofl2][rofl2][rofl2]

Bottom line, the job that this guy held was completely irrelevant to the OP story. Period.

True,why they even need to say he is a firefighter is beyond me.

Why would you fail to add teachers and other public workers to your above statement . Teachers take the biggest hit here . Do you think you are better than the rest ?

It's that obvious eh ? [smile]

Wrong.
I must read more news than you do, but I'm always hearing stories of how people get robbed by maids or by caretakers for the elderly etc. Granted, most of these stories don't make the news either outside of local police blotter reportings.

Exactly. It does not make the news. And what relevance does it have to the story? Whoever is paying the criminal is irrelevant. The crime is the crime, committed by a criminal, not a profession. Taxes pay for the public employee job, then the public employees' salary pays for the Electrician to do a job and the Electrician commits a crime. Who cares. Paper does not read "Electrician commits crime" even though taxes eventual gave him a market demand for a job as an Electrician. Its the person, not the job.

Again, you get a test score and they hire based on your ranking. The only thing that differs from that was the hiring of minority firefighters to fill quotas. Even that was corrected through a lawsuit and the highest ranking people were hired.

I can't tell if you're being serious here or you're just saying this because you have to. If you are being serious, please crawl out from under your rock. If you need a flashlight, let me know.

Just like all the rest of the public sector jobs out there, it's all who you know. Hell, it even applies in the private sector.

I can't tell if you're being serious here or you're just saying this because you have to. If you are being serious, please crawl out from under your rock. If you need a flashlight, let me know.

Just like all the rest of the public sector jobs out there, it's all who you know. Hell, it even applies in the private sector.

You are right , Public or private it's not who you know it's ... ... ....
Dont forget what affirmitive action does to hiring order .

When you pick one person that scores the highest out of 3,000 people, you are getting a pretty intelligent person. Just imagine that type of competition in all jobs.

Sorry, I feel the need to quote you again. You would never even have got to this point if it wasn't for another public sector job. Teachers.

IMHO, teachers are the ones who really get effed, their pay is garbage yet they are response for people like you to get "pretty intelligent" so you can beat the other 2,999 people on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom