Firearm channels - YouTube

Best Youtube channel

• Total voters
I very much enjoy watching hickok45 for both entertainment and learning. He has a great number of videos going over the history of some older pieces, one in particular he goes through every US service long gun that's ever been used.

Nobody seems to have mentioned him, but Jeff at Gunblast puts out some good videos. He's another that I watch regularly. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjzurbOLJU1GWbO0n32IJNA

Don't you watch hour long tv shows or sporting events? In my opinion Nutn is one of the most informative knowledgable and down to earth gear reviewer on YouTube. I've never understood the complaint that his videos are too long......in order to put so much information about a product in a review it needs to be long. No on else does such thorough reviews....period.

Dude you obviously don't watch his videos. In most if his gear review videos you don't even see him......just his hands as he handles the products.

I used to watch NeverEnufAmmo quite a bit, but there are so many people out there saying the same things or variations of the same things that he's just not in my rotation any more.

Good if you're a newb, or have some newbie questions & want some basic background info...

Last edited by a moderator:
i watch a lot of them, usually put it on on my way to work and listen.

some of my favorites:

ASCBlueye - this dude is awesome I've actually gotten to be pretty good friends with him.
TiborasaurusRex
MAC - although he'll pretty much give a good review to anyone who pays him enough
HaleyStrategic - travis haley is a beast
Funker530/FunkerTactical
TNVC's channel
Hijack86
Southernprepper1
VikingTactics/KyleLamb
Nutn - people talk shit but he probably does the best gear reviews
Cory07ink - aka rangetime.
Yeager
tnoutdoors9

Pat Mac is the best

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll vote for Nutnfancy even though a lot hate him. I like him a lot and yes I watch his hour videos. If its on a topic or something I like why not. I will watch a tv show for an hour what's the diff.

The guy is far from perfect, and I don't watch his vids anymore, but it's because of his videos that I got into firearms. I had always liked guns but never put much thought into owning them. I was home sick from school one day and just wanted to watch videos of people shooting stuff, but I ended up spending the rest of the day watching his review videos. From then on decided that I had to get into this as a hobby.

[video=youtube_share;9Kvn62NoAPA]http://youtu.be/9Kvn62NoAPA[/video]
Holy crap I need to watch more of this girl. The wonder women out fit is cool she can act goofy . Shoots better then me....

The guy is far from perfect, and I don't watch his vids anymore, but it's because of his videos that I got into firearms. I had always liked guns but never put much thought into owning them. I was home sick from school one day and just wanted to watch videos of people shooting stuff, but I ended up spending the rest of the day watching his review videos. From then on decided that I had to get into this as a hobby.

this, nutnfancy is awesome, i differ with him on politics and sometimes he's annoying but like you, he got me into it more than i had previously been. he's not a sellout either, some of these channels get bought out by the industry and start to suck, nutn tends to tell it like it is.

I've been a huge fan of Hickok45 since the beginning of his channel, he puts out excellent entertaining and informative videos. He is an incredible shot as well, if I hadn't followed him from the beginning I never would have believe someone if they told me they hit a gong at ~86 yards with a Smith and Wesson Model 36. I find him personable, like a grandfather/father anyone would want to have.

I'm also a huge fan of Iraqveteran8888 and I've been following his channel ever since it's roots, excellent mix of informative videos whether it be firearm reviews, gunsmithing, FAQ's, Gun Gripe's, Five Guns, etc. while keeping it very entertaining along with their other quirky videos or assortment of targets. Barry is sure definitely a loss for the channel but they've got a good train chugging along.

I'm also a big fan of many other channels that have been listed here or may not have such as Jerry Miculek's channel (Miculek.COM), Sootch00, TNOutdoors9 (Excellent Ballistic Reviews), Demolition Ranch (Excellent up and coming channel, I expect to see it get big some day), 22Plinkster (.22 Firearm Reviews and Trickshots) , MilitaryArmsChannel, Taofledermaus (Awesome shotgun loading, ballistics, and a whole slither of scientific fun) GunBlastDotCom (Excellent firearm reviews), FPSRussia (Purely entertainment, but seriously who does not love some NFA fun?), Jeff3230 (Almost purely entertainment), TheYankeeMarshal (Quirky ******* humor but I find it entertaining, yet he has some decent videos), TheFireArmGuy, and DocTocDad(Lots of great .22 LR videos, among other firearm videos).

I've also recently became a fan of channels like TacticalPriority (I believe he's from MA and I believe he's a member here on NES, excellent local IDPA videos, reloading, and reviews) RisArms, TheARMORYchannel, ScubaOZ, Hank Strange, and Birdshot1911 (Cool young boy/teenager into shooting, almost like a teenage Hickok45), and MAINEPREPPER.

I used to watch ColinNoir and StevenCrowder but they have fallen under my radar the past few years but I'm sure y'all will find them interesting.

I've learned quite a lot of information from each of these channels along with quite a bit of entertainment value, I'd recommend many if not all of these channels to any of y'all. I follow quite a few channels and I'm sure I'm missing a few, but there's a good listing that you can't go wrong with.

photo.jpg
Iraqveteran8888 has sent you a message
You can reply to this message by visiting your inbox.

To:volkl78

Thanks for the support and feel free to pass this email along to the guys.

We will continue to work very hard to produce the youtube videos as we always have. Chad will continue the gun gripes series with me, and we will also continue the news series "mail call" together. This will be in addition to all the range videos, which this year will cover more handguns, military surplus firearms, and more machine guns. In addition, we plan to release a new reloading related video every two weeks, and a new gunsmithing video every two weeks.

Basically we are going back to our original roots, while embracing some new concepts. It's looking strongly like Barry will not be back on the show. He has been offered the chance to make a few last videos, but he doesn't have it in him. I'm not going to force him.

These projects among other things will continue to roll along. Barry was a fun character and we are going to miss him, but between all of us we have a ton of knowledge to share and we are constantly improving our production. I'm confident we will continue to be a contributing force in the youtube gun community,

Thanks for your support,

Eric

Aka "iv8888"

Before this thread I didn'y even know about Hickok45. He's now my favorite. After that it's nutnfancy for me, he would be first if his videos weren't soooo long.

FPSRussia can be great for pure entertainment value, and he does get lots of full auto's, and even things like law rockets. Didn't he have a tank once? I wouldn't purchase anything based on an FPSRussia vid though.

I didn't think Hickok would run away with it like this! I think IV8888 gun gripes is the best all around segment. Nobody mentioned Sootch, not that he is the best but he is good too.

Only couple of folks have mentioned Jeff Quinn at Gunblast. His videos are so laid back and relaxing they are like the Joy of Painting except with guns.

JW-big.jpg

Last edited:
Nutnfancy, Hickok45 and MAC are my top 3 favs.

I actully like Nutn for more then just firearms or reviews for that matter. Backpack hiking, motorcycles philosophy... Rather watch him then anything on TV. He has a few vids on helping people in need. Very cool dude.

Hey, I just remembered. Have any of you followed Dsarti1 at all? He was on a preppers show and was made a PP right afterward when his doctor asked him if he ever thought about suicide and then asked if he ever thought about how he might do it, would he use a gun. He says he "joked" to his doctor that he wouldn't kill himself with a gun and he could think of many ways to kill himself that wouldn't involve a gun.

Detained for observation against his will for 3 days and released, made a PP for life.

Back
Top Bottom