• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Finally Got Around to Mailing My SIG 320C Back

Dropped it off at FEDEX in West Boylston, no problem. Woman behind the counter didn't blick and asked me if there were any rounds in the box with the pistol. Negative.

Dropped it off at FEDEX in West Boylston, no problem. Woman behind the counter didn't blick and asked me if there were any rounds in the box with the pistol. Negative.

This is good to know because I'm going to have to get two of them done the same way..... probably end up using the same depot, too.

-Mike

I used Peabody Fed Ex, and no issues, they did not care anything about it being a firearm going to Sig. Got it back at the house in a week. Funny thing, it went from peabody to NJ and then to Sig in NH, went to NJ on way back too.......frequent flyer miles!

This is good to know because I'm going to have to get two of them done the same way..... probably end up using the same depot, too.

-Mike
woman was not freaked out about the pistol and seemed to know what a SIG was. She said a few other owners had their guns shipped back from there. Two women behind me didn't blink an eye but I don't know if they were paying attention. When she asked me if there were any "rounds" in the gun case I figured she was firearm knowledgeable. When I walked in and showed her the SIG case she directed me to go over and pick out a medium shipping box and she placed the pistol case in the box and sealed it up, slapped the shipping label on the box that I had printed out from Sig and we were good to go.

woman was not freaked out about the pistol and seemed to know what a SIG was. She said a few other owners had their guns shipped back from there. Two women behind me didn't blink an eye but I don't know if they were paying attention. When she asked me if there were any "rounds" in the gun case I figured she was firearm knowledgeable. When I walked in and showed her the SIG case she directed me to go over and pick out a medium shipping box and she placed the pistol case in the box and sealed it up, slapped the shipping label on the box that I had printed out from Sig and we were good to go.

I shipped mine out of West Boylston too (300 Century Drive) when the recall first happened and they were professional, courteous and didn't make a big deal about it at all. They didn't ask me about having "rounds" in the gun case but that's good that she did. I'd gladly use them again for a firearms shipment.

I have sent three pistols out of the West Boylston location and picked them up there as well (they are open until 7pm so when I get the "we missed you" notice on my door after work, I just drive there and pick it up). Never had any problems and no one ever asked about what was or wasn't in the box.

if anyone acts unprofessional when you ship a gun you're going to the wrong place. I always ship ups out of brick kiln rd. in chelmford. very professional. and they always ask if there's ammo with the gun. they bent over backwards one time when I was shipping ammo to texas. no funny looks, no comments. just sayin'.

staff at the fedex in needham are solid. they dont freak out about it being a pew pew. on the contrary the UPS in watertown is awful last time i had to use that place the man took 2 steps away from the box when i informed him it was a rifle. he looked very nervous. he told me i should have taken it to a UPS store which makes him a total idiot.

I bought my P320 at SIG in Epping during a 5-day course. I was shooting my Glock 19 Long-slide with RMR dead nuts but couldn’t hit dick with my new P320 Compact with Romeo Dot. It’s me, not the gun... But I’m pissed. I’ll give it to my son when he finished Army Basic/Infantry/Airborne. Not sure if and when he can have a private firearm... But we’ll shoot it at home when he visits.

I bought my P320 at SIG in Epping during a 5-day course. I was shooting my Glock 19 Long-slide with RMR dead nuts but couldn’t hit dick with my new P320 Compact with Romeo Dot. It’s me, not the gun... But I’m pissed. I’ll give it to my son when he finished Army Basic/Infantry/Airborne. Not sure if and when he can have a private firearm... But we’ll shoot it at home when he visits.
Is he at FT.Benning?

When I walked in and showed her the SIG case she directed me to go over and pick out a medium shipping box and she placed the pistol case in the box and sealed it up, slapped the shipping label on the box that I had printed out from Sig and we were good to go.

That was nice of her. I would've thought she would tell you to beat it and come back with your own box ready to ship.

I used Peabody Fed Ex, and no issues, they did not care anything about it being a firearm going to Sig. Got it back at the house in a week. Funny thing, it went from peabody to NJ and then to Sig in NH, went to NJ on way back too.......frequent flyer miles!

I work in logistics. I once shipped an item from Burlington, MA to Fitchburg, MA. It got lost in Philadelphia.

Is he at FT.Benning?

Yep - he called me on my cell at 230am this morning, read the little card “This is Alex, I’m at Ft Benning. I’m in processing. Bye.” And hung up.

When you see your son calling at 230am, your initial thought is, police, hospital, etc. But this turned out just fine

Yep - he called me on my cell at 230am this morning, read the little card “This is Alex, I’m at Ft Benning. I’m in processing. Bye.” And hung up.

When you see your son calling at 230am, your initial thought is, police, hospital, etc. But this turned out just fine

That brings back memories. Charlie 1/38. I was at Benning this time of the year in '02.

Fedex just dropped off the pistol, 2 weeks from date of shipment. They replaced my Apex flat trigger with one of theirs and included a 25% discount coupon for the Sig store. Anyone replace the new trigger? don't really feel a difference. Delivery worked out well since I stayed up until 1:45am watching the Sox celebrate.

QUOTE="FiremanBob, post: 6075630, member: 12485"]I trust they returned your Apex trigger to you.[/QUOTE]anyone
yes they did, has anyone reinstalled it? anyone install the Grayguns carry trigger set? Just back from Harvard, put 50rrds thru the Sig and zeroed my X95 and the Sig Romeo 5 at 100yds. back to my problem with my Glocks and 320C, slide doesn't lock to rear after last rd but no problem w/my CZ's. Obviously the weight of the CZ's vs plastic is a factor.

Is your thumb riding the slide stop? Many folks have this problem with Sigs. Sig has re-designed the slide stop and made it smaller to try and help the issue.

Try shooting it with your thumb well away from the slide stop and see if it locks back. Not saying this is your issue but it will quickly reveal itself or rule it out for you if you test it. Pretty common with certain folks and Sigs.

Back
Top Bottom