FFL required I buy lock for transfer

I highly doubt that the ATF would get involved over a gun lock complaint against the LGS (unless a Waco-type siege was underway). ;)
Yup, the ATF would probably respond with "compliance with state law not in violation of federal law is not a concern to us".

Wasn't my preferred FFL choice but due to it being about halfway between the seller and I it made sense. I actually thought the FFL was just going to comp the lock off the wall.

And I don't think there are many FFL in Stoneham so I'm sure you can all guess who it was.
The seller should have paid for the lock, no ?

I’ve gotten screwed before when the seller didn’t provide a lock and wanted an FFL transfer… sh*tty of the seller not to split the transfer/lock fee with you.

If an NES sale, couldn’t hurt to explain to the guy you’re butt hurt over it, and ask him to do you a solid and be a stand up guy and throw you $30 back… worst he can do is call you a whiny b*tch and tell you to pound sand… sticks and stones…

If you’ve bought and sold more than one firearm, this probably isn’t the last time you’ll get screwed, so take it as a lesson learned.

Any good FFL has more locks than they know what to do with. I have a huge box of cable locks usually supplied by customers who don’t want them. If needed I throw one into the used sale/transfer and 99% of the time it is returned after the sale is complete. So shit, I can’t give them away. Charging for them? Seriously?

He's a shyster. I'd drop a dime to the AFT and let them know their business practices. The guy is a clear shark that should be stayed away from. As far as I know, the law startes to must lock the weapon for transport. No law that I'm aware of speaks of any requirement to purchase said lock from the FFL dealer.

The good news is you learned a lesson so this experience wasn't all bad :)
Let’s leave the ATF out of this and let the free market decide. He might be a dbag, but the guy does not need his livelihood (and dog) destroyed, plus, despite being a dbag, he’s at least another option in a dbag state. Plus, the ATF is too busy looking for Eric Holder’s lost guns and keeping us in the dark about the Las Vegas shooter’s motives and political leanings..

He's a shyster. I'd drop a dime to the AFT and let them know their business practices. The guy is a clear shark that should be stayed away from. As far as I know, the law startes to must lock the weapon for transport. No law that I'm aware of speaks of any requirement to purchase said lock from the FFL dealer.

The good news is you learned a lesson so this experience wasn't all bad :)
What exactly is the ATF going to do , or have to do with this a**h*** making someone buy a lock?

Yup, the ATF would probably respond with "compliance with state law not in violation of federal law is not a concern to us".
It actually is. One of the conditions of your FFL is to follow all state laws. If you violate a state law while operating under your FFL they can also get you federally. Wasn’t that the final demise of Mike at Tightgroup? After the state f***ed up going after him multiple times the fedbois hit him with a federal violation for violating state law.

I think it is pretty rare for the ATF to use this but if they really want you…

I was buying a used Glock at Four Seasons many years ago. They told me I couldn't leave without a lock. My dad ran to his truck and grabbed a huge pad lock . He put it through the trigger gaurd behind the trigger. The trigger couldn't move. The sales man was annoyed that he didn't sell me a lock.

I'm guessing you guessed right 'cause they pulled that "must buy a lock from us" BS on me on a used gun purchase several years ago. :mad:

There was also an opinion issued by some state agency (I don't remember which) that the buyer bringing his/her own lock does not meet this requirement.
And I remember hearing that as well... probably from Collector's Gallery. [thinking]

Is it possible they just don’t want to do transfer business, so they make it so cumbersome intentionally so that people go elsewhere?

I don’t get it
you are willing & eager to involve the
ATF
but not share that knowledge with your brothers & sisters on NES?
the
ATF won’t care, but we do
inquiring minds want to know

speak up man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[popcorn]

Back
Top Bottom