Federal judge orders AG Healey to appear for deposition Dec 13th

I would say that she is ignoring the order by not showing up

What are the legal ramifications for not showing up to a deposition?

Somehow, I didn't manage to get my statement across to either of you.

I don't think she is simply not going to show up for the deposition. Prior to the date of the deposition, I believe she will file a motion to appeal the judge's order for her to be deposed. If she wins that appeal, then she doesn't get deposed and she doesn't have to go to Texas.

I don't think her appeal will fly when she's demanded out of state individuals and companies to appear in MA and or hand over documents. She can't have it both ways.

Yeah we COULD HAVE had that guy that said he was outright going to ban guns! At least there was hope that healey would be reasonable, which she was not.

I have to admit here publicly that I too darkened the Maura Healy oval months ago cuz I thought she would be a tiny bit less like her Mentor Martha. Plus I thought she was more pro L.E.
[banghead]

I don't think her appeal will fly when she's demanded out of state individuals and companies to appear in MA and or hand over documents. She can't have it both ways.

She can try to have it both ways. Federal and state courts have let federal and state officials have it both ways in the past - see the SCOTUS ruling on the ACA for example.

I have to admit here publicly that I too darkened the Maura Healy oval months ago cuz I thought she would be a tiny bit less like her Mentor Martha. Plus I thought she was more pro L.E.
[banghead]

What the hell is wrong with you? The other guy was on our side! He literally went to gun clubs to plead his case?

This is getting fun.
Playing chicken with a federal judge.
Especially a Texas federal judge who from the sound of it has no tolerance for liberal posturing bullshit.

**** that. Maura if your reading this, the judge is a redneck and simply not worth your time. You should remind who YOU are. If he sends UP marshals, slap them both across the face and throw them out of your office.

you go girl, it's you the people really want. stand your ground.

psssst. Think it will work?

**** that. Maura if your reading this, the judge is a redneck and simply not worth your time. You should remind who YOU are. If he sends UP marshals, slap them both across the face and throw them out of your office.

you go girl, it's you the people really want. stand your ground.

psssst. Think it will work?

Absolutley.
Just tell that judge to go pound sand .
Who the hell does he think he is?

Right, F' him and the horse he rode in on

We need to rally outside of Maura's office with signs that say "Don't give in to Texas tyranny" "Make Texas come to you". This and her giving a couple more press conferences should work. [devil][devil]

I would find it amusing if I didn't find it so infuriating that Healey wants to tell distributors in other states that MA law applies to them while telling a federal judge that he doesn't have jurisdiction.

We need to rally outside of Maura's office with signs that say "Don't give in to Texas tyranny" "Make Texas come to you". This and her giving a couple more press conferences should work.

I was thinking same thing. Except how to we get the snow flakes or her supports on this?

She is simply doing what I predicted - she is appealing the judge's deposition order. If you received such an order, you, too, could appeal it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom