Federal judge orders AG Healey to appear for deposition Dec 13th

Its a delaying thing. Because of the motions going to the appeals court this pushes his orders out a bit and gives it time for the appeals court to make a decision.
It was actually reasonable for the court to put it on hold until the appeal. If her majesty loses, she can still be deposed. If she was deposed, and then won the appeal, it would be hard to undepose her.

Hopefully she will lose and, even worse, I hope some state policy compels her to fly commercial/coach.

I beg to differ. The world will be upside down on January 20th for these morons.

How so?

The judge will still be the same. The parties in the lawsuit will still be the same. The laws will still be the same. There will be no difference, except that the former CEO of the company will be in a government position, in a department that has no jurisdiction over the proceedings.

"Because Trump" doesn't change the course of a lawsuit.

"Its a delaying thing. Because of the motions going to the appeals court this pushes his orders out a bit and gives it time for the appeals court to make a decision. If they don't overrule him on anything, he has free reign when the arguments are made in his court. If they go against, they didn't overrule him directly since he pushed the dates out a bit."
Any idea when the Appeals Court will issue their ruling?

"Its a delaying thing. Because of the motions going to the appeals court this pushes his orders out a bit and gives it time for the appeals court to make a decision. If they don't overrule him on anything, he has free reign when the arguments are made in his court. If they go against, they didn't overrule him directly since he pushed the dates out a bit."
Any idea when the Appeals Court will issue their ruling?

They may not even take up her appeal.

How so?

The judge will still be the same. The parties in the lawsuit will still be the same. The laws will still be the same. There will be no difference, except that the former CEO of the company will be in a government position, in a department that has no jurisdiction over the proceedings.

"Because Trump" doesn't change the course of a lawsuit.
Jeff Sessions might have a different opinion. It wouldn't be the first time the USAG used leverage for a co worker

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They may not even take up her appeal.

This. The appeals court hasn't even decided if they are going to allow the appeal yet, this whole appeal could simply be denied and then we wait until the date the original judge has set for the arguments about her being deposed.

The good news is that the Exxon team also has a huge legal budget, and will not be bullied based with the usual govt tactic of "we will make you spend legal fees until you roll over".

Ad you wonder why no one will sell ammo or ar parts online to this state?

with a rogue a.g. That can demand a co. to spend untold tens of thousands of dollars sending paper work and retaining lawyers to comply with her fishing trips is a real " abuse of disgression " and cause
irrepairepable harm.

Where can we find a running tally of how much her lawsuit and defense is costing the taxpayers?

I would hope that there is even one lawmaker on our side in this state doing that.
And then call her out on the carpet for how much of the taxpayers money she is pissing away on her little crusade when we are looking at budget shortfalls.

Jeff Sessions might have a different opinion. It wouldn't be the first time the USAG used leverage for a co worker

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And what is the US AG going to do about? The federal government isn't a party to the lawsuit. And if the US AG goes around strong-arming a judge that would take us straight to banana republic status.

If Obama's AG intervened in a similar lawsuit, but on the other side, all you guys would be howling mad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And what is the US AG going to do about? The federal government isn't a party to the lawsuit. And if the US AG goes around strong-arming a judge that would take us straight to banana republic status.

If Obama's AG intervened in a similar lawsuit, but on the other side, all you guys would be howling mad.

^Quoted for the mother ****ing truth.

And what is the US AG going to do about?

Racketeering or some other corruption or conspiracy charge. Healey has been part of a campaign to financial damage and defame Exxon-Mobile and several scientists across state lines and using state funds. This is on top of her supposedly providing resources, financial, and information to private environmental law firms which profited off of suits.

That may have already happened.
I wouldn't faint from the surprise if it turned out to be the case.

Racketeering or some other corruption or conspiracy charge. Healey has been part of a campaign to financial damage and defame Exxon-Mobile and several scientists across state lines and using state funds. This is on top of her supposedly providing resources, financial, and information to private environmental law firms which profited off of suits.

One problem with a rougue AG is that any insurgency she initiates against gun owners will go on auto-pilot and be defended to the bitter end by any successor .... even if that successor would never have dreamed of initiating the action.

If she leaves her post, we can absolutely count on the heir to the throne to defend the "AW re-interpretation" to the absolute best of his/her staff's ability, lest (s)he be seen as "soft on guns".

This is the same logic that will prevent the legislature from ever addressing the misdafelony issue by changing a 2.5 year sentence nobody gets to a 2.0 year sentence nobody gets.

The Fifth Circuit Denied Healey's "Petition for Writ of Mandamus AS MOOT."

IN THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FIFTH CIRCUIT
of the State of Massachusetts,
Petitioner

PER CURIAM:

IT IS ORDERED that the petition for writ of mandamus is DENIED AS
MOOT.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the motion to stay District Court
proceedings pending the petition for writ of mandamus is DENIED AS MOOT

http://www.plainsite.org/dockets/download.html?id=240890829&z=226fc924

So let me get this straight. The President Elect can be ordered to sit for a 7-hour long deposition without limit, but a state AG cannot be deposed because she's too important & busy?

Her mootness will like Texas this time of year.
I hear they have a good price on deplorable baskets in the airport.[rockon][kiss]

Back
Top Bottom