Federal is supporting the fight for breast cancer

dhuze

NES Member
An island surrounded by land on three sides
With pink shotgun shells. I picked up a case so I can be cool at the range as well as helping out.

Fereralpinkshotshells.jpg

Exactly. May as well fight breast cancer while keeping the neighborhood crackheads out of the house.

Wouldn't it be total irony if someone with breast cancer broke into your house and that's what you used on them?

These are the kinds of thoughts that keep me out of the good schools.

Wouldn't it be total irony if someone with breast cancer broke into your house and that's what you used on them?

These are the kinds of thoughts that keep me out of the good schools.

Well, I guess at that point....I'd be fighting breast cancer, would I not?

Please note, this is not to belittle breast (or any) cancer.

Does it actually say anywhere on the box/federal website that donations or profits from those boxes are being given to the Susan G. Komen foundation? Til I see that, it's just a marketing ploy that sadly feeds on people's natural decency to sell more product. Many large companies have been accused of this in the past.

EDIT:
Support breast cancer research with these limited-edition, pink-hull loads. Federal will donate a portion of the sales directly to the Network of Strength, also known as the Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization™, which advocates breast cancer awareness and operates call center offering peer-to-peer support 24 hours a day, seven days week. Only available in 12-ga. 2-3/4" No.8 loads, these shells are great for trap and sporting clays. 25 shells per box.
From Federal and Cabelas.

Good on them.

Last edited:
That's nice, but keep in mind that more men die of Prostate Cancer every year than do women of Breast Cancer. Breast Cancer gets far more funding than any other form of cancer because woman's groups have politicized the issue. More men and women die of Lung Cancer than Breast Cancer.

Personally, I donate to Prostate Cancer research since I'm far more likely to get that Breast Cancer. 1% of all Breast Cancer patients are men, 0% of all Prostate Cancer patients are women.

I'm not saying the Breast Cancer shouldn't be cured, and I'm not saying it's not a worthy effort. Just keep in mind that there are far deadlier cancers out there that effect men and women.

That's nice, but keep in mind that more men die of Prostate Cancer every year than do women of Breast Cancer. Breast Cancer gets far more funding than any other form of cancer because woman's groups have politicized the issue. More men and women die of Lung Cancer than Breast Cancer.

Personally, I donate to Prostate Cancer research since I'm far more likely to get that Breast Cancer. 1% of all Breast Cancer patients are men, 0% of all Prostate Cancer patients are women.

I'm not saying the Breast Cancer shouldn't be cured, and I'm not saying it's not a worthy effort. Just keep in mind that there are far deadlier cancers out there that effect men and women.

I don't think prostates will sell nearly as much stuff as breasts, though. Breast cancer is probably the only type that you can effectively fundraise for in this way.

I hope the proceeds aren't going to Komen. That place is a fraud.

See here:
Does it actually say anywhere on the box/federal website that donations or profits from those boxes are being given to the Susan G. Komen foundation? Til I see that, it's just a marketing ploy that sadly feeds on people's natural decency to sell more product. Many large companies have been accused of this in the past.

EDIT:
Support breast cancer research with these limited-edition, pink-hull loads. Federal will donate a portion of the sales directly to the Network of Strength, also known as the Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization™, which advocates breast cancer awareness and operates call center offering peer-to-peer support 24 hours a day, seven days week. Only available in 12-ga. 2-3/4" No.8 loads, these shells are great for trap and sporting clays. 25 shells per box.
From Federal and Cabelas.

Good on them.

And here:

Details please.

I looked up for 2009 Form 990 on Guidestar - it's another Billy Starr style operation - $500K/year seems to be the going cut of the action for running a big charity, with plenty of other folks pushing $200K.

I looked up for 2009 Form 990 on Guidestar - it's another Billy Starr style operation - $500K/year seems to be the going cut of the action for running a big charity, with plenty of other folks pushing $200K.

Just about to post the same. They also sue other charities for using the word "cure" or the color pink. (yes I know it's the huffingtonpost but it was readily available and contains the info)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/07/komen-foundation-charities-cure_n_793176.html

Also, my understanding of the walks they do is you pay $2300 bucks or so for the privilege of walking. You have to make up the $2300 by asking your friends and family for it. If you can't get that many people to donate, it comes out of your pocket.

I don't think prostates will sell nearly as much stuff as breasts, though. Breast cancer is probably the only type that you can effectively fundraise for in this way.

I totally agree. I mean let's face it, everyone likes a nice rack, even most women! Men on the other hand not only don't like to talk about their "problems", but in a large number of cases, never even seek treatment until it's already too late for them, which is why the statistic for deaths is much higher than from breast cancer. It just comes down to the simple fact that woman like to talk about personal stuff more than men, and of course the publicity campains certainly foster the "you are not alone" type of mindset. Unfortunately as men, we have no such campaign, or support.

Just about to post the same. They also sue other charities for using the word "cure" or the color pink. (yes I know it's the huffingtonpost but it was readily available and contains the info)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/07/komen-foundation-charities-cure_n_793176.html

Also, my understanding of the walks they do is you pay $2300 bucks or so for the privilege of walking. You have to make up the $2300 by asking your friends and family for it. If you can't get that many people to donate, it comes out of your pocket.

This the sad fact with most large charities unfortunately. When you start looking at the salaries of their top level management it is really sickening, and you have to wonder if they even really want a cure! Why would they, then their gravy train ends...[angry]

This the sad fact with most large charities unfortunately. When you start looking at the salaries of their top level management it is really sickening, and you have to wonder if they even really want a cure! Why would they, then their gravy train ends...[angry]

Right. There's no money in a cure, but lots of money in being able to "maintain" and "live with" it.

This.

I'm sick of hearing about breast cancer. It's not that it wouldn't be nice to see it better treated (I think a "cure" is a pipe dream) but I hate the way it's been politicized and I am sick to death of women screaming about being victims.

Women have had the vote for nearly 100 years, there are more women than men in this country. If they're victims then they CHOOSE to be victims. -Screw 'em.

When women start giving a shit about prostate cancer etc. I'll start caring more about breast cancer as opposed to just cancer, period.

I firmly believe in equal rights. But equal rights means you don't get to hide behind your petticoats anymore. And it means a disease that kills fewer women than prostate cancer kills men isn't worthy of some special status.

Back
Top Bottom