• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FBI raid yields cache of guns in Weare

To be fair, the definition of cache does not specify a quantity.

cache
/kaSH/
noun

1. a collection of items of the same type stored in a hidden or inaccessible place.
"an arms cache"
synonyms:hoard, store, stockpile, stock, supply, reserve;

verb
1. store away in hiding or for future use.

The Interstate Commerce crap is what gives the Feds jurisdiction. If the item never crossed state lines, the defense can argue that it did not affect interstate commerce, therefore stripping the feds of jurisdiction.

I know a guy who spend five years in club fed because his ex told the feds he had gone shooting at an indoor range. He didn't realize that he wasn't allowed to do that, so told the feds "Sure, I went shooting, why?"

The gun was a Smith & Wesson. They only charged him with the ammo to eliminate the jurisdictional defense.

They pressed the charged to get information from him. He decided five years in prison was better than getting killed.

The Union Leader has degraded from a decent paper, to a asswipe rag like the Glob. McQuade is a ****ing IDIOT.

Is 3 a group?
group (gro͞op) n. An assemblage of persons or objects gathered or located together.

Two can be a pair, three or more is definitely a group.
I think my last purchase put me in military level arsenal if this is a catch. After all I have 3 of the same gun lol amongst other things
Two of the same gun is just prudent, always good to have a complete set of spare parts.

Three identical guns? Yeah, that's a military level arsenal right there.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the deadly and often described as tactical "plastic bullet case". Not to mention this said case had his initials on it? Not only were his initials on it the initials were scribed on the "inside" of the bullet case? Who knows what nefarious Intent that signifies?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the deadly and often described as tactical "plastic bullet case". Not to mention this said case had his initials on it? Not only were his initials on it the initials were scribed on the "inside" of the bullet case? Who knows what nefarious Intent that signifies?
Evidence to be used to refute any claim that it was not his ammo.

Or if you are a PP don't possess guns or ammo.

That's a given. In general if you are a PP stay low. Like a CWOF or an STD it's a gift that keeps on giving. Guess what one of the first things that pops up when you run a BOP? Yep, you guessed it. So do RO's expired or not.

Best way to stay out of trouble is to avoid it. From what I've been reading the first truly robotic sex dolls with AI are probably less than a decade away...might be worth the wait LOL...thousands of legitimate battered women out there, but thousands of men whose lives have been ruined by trumped up charges too.

I am surprised they didn't call in the national guard for backup. Sound like this guy was preparing for battle! *facepalm*

I never would have predicted this would turn into a NES humble brag cache thread,never !

It's just so ridiculous that I'm surprised they didn't mention a super soaker or the extra pointy steak knives in the kitchen.

There's sooo much dumb shit in the lautenburg law and DV laws that are regularly used and abused to violate the rights of men almost exclusively by lawyers and alleged victims that it makes a guy wonder what exactly is the benefit to being in a relationship/letting a GF live with you?

Dont even get me started on marriage......

Dont even get me started on laws that violate the private property rights of property owners that can be used by someone to allege that a landlord/tenent situation existed sans paperwork to support it which could temporarily force a person out of their own home pending hearings and significant legal fees to prove your own innocence.

Zero bitterness in that post!
(Just yanking your chain. Don't have me arrested!)

Congratulations to the FBI on identifying the least armed household in Weare.

LOL[rofl]

The Union Leader has degraded from a decent paper, to a asswipe rag like the Glob. McQuade is a ****ing IDIOT.

2 words: william loeb. not old enough to remember it all, but old enough to know some of his work

Last edited:
Dude shouldn't have had guns.

Dude had guns.

Dude got busted.

It's immaterial as to whether the law is right, immaterial that the press was prone to hyperbole. What do you expect?

What we see here is a classic "fruit of the low hanging vine." I worked enough with the FBI over the years to know that they don't spend lots of man hours or money on s**t like this, but if a target of opportunity presents itself they will seize upon it.

One of two things happened: somebody knew he was a PP and ratted him out or more likely his name came up in an investigation either directly or indirectly. It may be that he was under suspicion of something more serious but lacking evidence, this was the only thing they could prove in court although this is unlikely but within the realm of possibility. Probably incidental or peripheral to an ongoing investigation his name came up and he was sucked into something bigger. An easy arrest, so why not pad the stats?

Now a lot of you empathize with this person, and he may be a victim here of a draconian system, but I'm more inclined to believe that there is a "rest of the story" here and all the facts and particulars need to be known before a rush to judgement.

Moral of the story: if you are a PP stay under the radar, in fact if you are not a PP stay under the radar and MYOB. Sometimes you can get caught up in things not of your own doing but are sucked up in a dragnet not of your own choosing. Be careful out there !

Aside from the above which sounds like a reasonable explanation of why the feds are after him, the guy sounds like a ****ing douchebag.

In April 2015, Swett was convicted of grabbing a 9-year-old boy by the face and pushing him.

The child was Jody Swett’s son with whom he lived in a Nashua residence, federal officials said.

Swett received a suspended term of six months in county jail for the offense.

Last Oct. 14, Swett was convicted of simple assault for punching a 17-year-old male in the mouth with a closed fist. Nashua police records said Smith lived with the victim, who was the son of Swett’s girlfriend at the time.

The Interstate Commerce crap is what gives the Feds jurisdiction. If the item never crossed state lines, the defense can argue that it did not affect interstate commerce, therefore stripping the feds of jurisdiction.

I know a guy who spend five years in club fed because his ex told the feds he had gone shooting at an indoor range. He didn't realize that he wasn't allowed to do that, so told the feds "Sure, I went shooting, why?"

The gun was a Smith & Wesson. They only charged him with the ammo to eliminate the jurisdictional defense.

They pressed the charged to get information from him. He decided five years in prison was better than getting killed.

ROFL if you you think that the defense could successfully argue that if something didn't cross state lines the feds can't charge him.

Wickard v. Filburn (1942) and Gonzales v. Raich (2005, reaffirmed Wickard) say you are very very very wrong.

The feds have the power to literally regulate anything and everything, even if all materials and labor are sourced in one state and never leave that state (hell, the object can never even leave your hands and they can still come after you).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

The Court decided that Filburn's wheat growing activities reduced the amount of wheat he would buy for animal feed on the open market, which is traded nationally (interstate), and is therefore within the purview of the Commerce Clause. Although Filburn's relatively small amount of production of more wheat than he was allotted would not affect interstate commerce itself, the cumulative actions of thousands of other farmers just like Filburn would certainly become substantial. Therefore, according to the court, Filburn's production could be regulated by the federal government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich

While the diversion of homegrown wheat tended to frustrate the federal interest in stabilizing prices by regulating the volume of commercial transactions in the interstate market, the diversion of homegrown marijuana tends to frustrate the federal interest in eliminating commercial transactions in the interstate market in their entirety. In both cases, the regulation is squarely within Congress' commerce power because production of the commodity meant for home consumption, be it wheat or marijuana, has a substantial effect on supply and demand in the national market for that commodity

Special Agent John Forte of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives examined Swett’s HK MP5 .22 caliber rifle and confirmed it was not manufactured in New Hampshire and had to have been shipped or transported via interstate commerce. He also attested to court officials that none of the ammunition was made here. - See more at: http://www.unionleader.com/FBI-SWAT-team-investigates-home-in-Weare?NoCache=1#sthash.erAbauKL.dpuf

So it took a BATFE agent to examine the H&K and the ammo to determine that it wasn't manufactured in NH? I could have done that from my living room. Oh and since they missed something, the Henry, and the VP9 were also not manufactured in NH.
If owning a firearm and ammo not manufactured in your state is somehow illegal I'm in deep shit since I can't find a Johnson rifle I can afford.

Those days are long gone. I remember the Union Leader back when I lived in NH in the early 1970s. Rock solid conservative back then.

That's some cache [rolleyes]...yellow journalism at it's best/worst.

That was from the Union Leader? William and Nackey Loeb must be spinning in their graves.

So it took a BATFE agent to examine the H&K and the ammo to determine that it wasn't manufactured in NH? I could have done that from my living room. Oh and since they missed something, the Henry, and the VP9 were also not manufactured in NH.
If owning a firearm and ammo not manufactured in your state is somehow illegal I'm in deep shit since I can't find a Johnson rifle I can afford.

Which models does H&K manufacture in Newington?

The comments are pretty good, one dude thinks the MP5 is a gang banger weapon [rofl] Someone watches a lot of movies, probably thinks a suppressor makes a gun just go "pffffff"

So uhhh... where's the shotgun?

He keistered it. It's for protection in jail.

Gosh this story is so fail it's fail-inducing.

Prohibited person - OK, fine. But focus on the stupid of the details. The guy is a dewsh. Pushing a 9yo and punching a 17yo??? Nope. Let's make it about the scary guns instead of his violation of the law.

Gosh, I hope I don't ever get into a car crash. I'm pretty sure I have an arsenal-cache of motor vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom