FBI raid yields cache of guns in Weare

LINK.

The federal search warrant uncovered these guns and ammunition according to federal documents:

• Henry Rifle, .22 caliber found in the garage;

• HK VP9 9mm handgun that was loaded and placed between the mattress and the box spring on the left-hand side of Swett’s bed;

• HK MP5 .22 caliber rifle from the closet in Swett’s bedroom;

• A plastic ammunition box in the closet with the initials “JS II” in the interior lid contained a partial box of Winchester 115 grain, full metal jacket .9 mm shells, nine rounds of Hornady 135 grain, .9 mm luger ammunition and five rounds of Winchester dual bond sabot slug, 12-gauge shotgun shells.

Two .22s, a 9mm and some ammo? That's one hell of a "cache!"

That's some cache [rolleyes]...yellow journalism at it's best/worst.

That was from the Union Leader? William and Nackey Loeb must be spinning in their graves.

Last edited:
Jody Swett, with the federal crime of being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm. ... According to a federal affidavit, Special Agent Gary S. Cacace from the FBI’s Portsmouth office said Swett can’t possess guns due to his 2015 misdemeanor conviction on two charges of domestic violence.
May F------ Frank Lautenberg get another bucket-load of burning coals dumped on his burning-in-hell-forever head for his misda-elony act.

Last edited:
I have more than that and I do not consider what I have a "cache" and I too have a lever action....lmao...

Last edited:
Wonder what this means...

“The FBI’s SWAT team is conducting court-authorized activity in connection with an ongoing federal investigation,” Setera said in a statement.

"HK VP9 9mm handgun that was loaded and placed between the mattress and the box spring on the left-hand side of Swett’s bed;"

The LEFT-HAND Side???

That is a crime - or is it?

We don't know if the left hand side of the bed is against the wall or not.

OR

What side he gets up on if the bed it against the headboard in the center of the room.

OR

HIS left or the beds left!

That is some great reporting - glad they did a thorough job.

Congratulations to the FBI on identifying the least armed household in Weare.

"HK VP9 9mm handgun that was loaded and placed between the mattress and the box spring on the left-hand side of Swett’s bed;" The LEFT-HAND Side??? That is a crime - or is it?
Depends -- does Swett sleep alone? Maybe he listens to G. Gordon Liddy and intends to use the "All guns are on my wife's side of the bed" defense?

I bet you anything a woman ratted him out. That's not even enough to bother going after him for, and in NH none the less. There's more to this story. The FBI doesn't gear up the SWAT team just to raid some random misdafelony victim.

Dude shouldn't have had guns.

Dude had guns.

Dude got busted.

It's immaterial as to whether the law is right, immaterial that the press was prone to hyperbole. What do you expect?

What we see here is a classic "fruit of the low hanging vine." I worked enough with the FBI over the years to know that they don't spend lots of man hours or money on s**t like this, but if a target of opportunity presents itself they will seize upon it.

One of two things happened: somebody knew he was a PP and ratted him out or more likely his name came up in an investigation either directly or indirectly. It may be that he was under suspicion of something more serious but lacking evidence, this was the only thing they could prove in court although this is unlikely but within the realm of possibility. Probably incidental or peripheral to an ongoing investigation his name came up and he was sucked into something bigger. An easy arrest, so why not pad the stats?

Now a lot of you empathize with this person, and he may be a victim here of a draconian system, but I'm more inclined to believe that there is a "rest of the story" here and all the facts and particulars need to be known before a rush to judgement.

Moral of the story: if you are a PP stay under the radar, in fact if you are not a PP stay under the radar and MYOB. Sometimes you can get caught up in things not of your own doing but are sucked up in a dragnet not of your own choosing. Be careful out there !

Last edited:
And like many others, he didn't see it coming.
With his convictions, he should have seen it coming. He knew he was a prohibited person.

Wonder what this means...

“The FBI’s SWAT team is conducting court-authorized activity in connection with an ongoing federal investigation,” Setera said in a statement.
I'm willing to bet there's MUCH more to this story than what we're seeing. I have a feeling he's being investigated for other, more serious, federal offenses. If they were just after his guns, the ATF could have handled that themselves. The feds now have a felon-in-possession charge to hang of his head. My guess is they want something more than a jail term for that.

Back
Top Bottom