Expert testifies that a single round from an AR-15 can sever the upper body from the lower body

What would we do without experts? And I'm clearly doing it wrong.

EDIT, because lots of people are missing it: THIS IS A DEFENSE EXPERT. THE DEFENDANT IS ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.

View: https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1624470286598012928

Some of his "testimony":
"The AR-15 and M4 are both designed to fire a .223 round that tumbles upon hitting flesh and rips thru the human body. A single round is capable of severing the upper body from the lower body, or decapitation. "​
"The round is designed to kill, not wound, and both the AR-15 and M4 contain barrel rifling to make the round tumble upon impact and cause more severe injury."​

"Absent any pistol grip, a semi-automatic rifle would be difficult to operate when fired rapidly, as the rifle barrel would seesaw up and down with each shot fired in succession."​
"

Another fun bit:
"The AR-15 is an offensive combat weapon no different in function or purpose than an M4. In my opinion, both weapons are designed to kill as many people as possible, as efficiently as possible, and serve no legitimate sporting or self-defense purpose."​
Hog hunters and Kyle Rittenhouse were unavailable for comment.

You can read all of his testimony, not just the parts above, here:
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssSvFxcpQEgo9b0DJZhU2vptOYgTTsaQ/view

Last edited:
That’s pure facepalm territory 😂. That’s like saying when you retire you’re no longer a Marine or if you don’t have your driver’s license on you then you automatically forget how to drive.

What’s next? If I do a series of moves and sounds a quart of blood will drop out of a person’s body?
View: https://youtu.be/frT6TKyJ_cw

The AR platform and .223 round have been around since the 60's, and many thousands of people have been shot with it since.
So if any of this BS he spewed is true, surely there must be at least hundreds of documented cases of people being cut in half by it.
I'm waiting to see such evidence.

Pikers. My 40gr. jhp will quarter a body. Nevermind a split halfway. It is a mess though from what I hear.

The claim that the rifling makes the round tumble should get all his testimony impeached. All the defense has to do is produce two or three of their own experts to establish that that's not true.
Defense could do that, but when they don’t - what does that mean?

"The AR-15 is an offensive combat weapon no different in function or purpose than an M4. In my opinion, both weapons are designed to kill as many people as possible, as efficiently as possible, and serve no legitimate sporting or self-defense purpose."

Hmm, weird that we issue M4s to cops and IRS agents then, huh?

Did he testify about the shoulder thing that goes up?
At a guess, the plan here is to hope that the judge accepts the "expert's" opinion wholesale and dismisses the challenge to the California AWB before things get moving.

Last edited:
TyZwaWQ9QXBp
Hop right up here general, we can end all your problems in about 2.5 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom