Evil Black Rifles and SKS's in Huge Supply

USMA-82

NES Member
Stopped by Riley's in Hooksett NH today while in the area. There had to be over three dozen EBR's lining the shelves. Prices are still ridiculous, but at least they're there. Overheard one clerk saying that things had "really slowed down" on sales of AR's, AK's, etc.

Then I popped by the Manchester Firing Line and saw more Yugo SKS's than I've ever seen in one place. Easily two dozen (+) were there.

Buy. Shoot. Repeat.

Hmm....maybe I'll actually be able to find a nice AK once I get my LTC. I was getting kinda worried for a minute there.

A decent supply of JP Rifles (www.jprifles.com) AR 15 stripped lowers are en-route to Four Seasons and will probably arrive Thursday. They are priced at $199 - definitely not a "low end commodity price", but consistent with the pointy part of the pyramid JP occupies in the AR world.

Well, hopefully people are beginning to realize that the next AWB isn't going to happen overnight...

Definitely seeing more inventory on the shelves these days. I got my Yugo SKS (matching numbers) for $295 this weekend That was the cheapest I've seen 'round here for a while. Better than the near-$500 I've seen up to now.

Is it a sea change? I dunno.

I'm also seeing more 7.62x39 ammo around, but still stuck at $400/case.

Damn, I like my Yugo even more now! I just checked the online place I got it from, The SKS's are long gone, but Mosin's are still going for about the same price. Gotta get one while I can.

Yeah...as Yugos may drop and possibly even AKs at some point in the future, but until cheap foreigh 7.62x39 is available in the $200-$250/case range who cares? the whole fun of those guns was being able to blissfully stuff cheap ammo into them all day long. At $400/case, that round looses 98.5% of it's magic.

With the AR's Lowers were the first things to get tight then parts. Now it's parts/upper receivers. Perhaps it will parts will begin to be more available now too as without them, the multiple LPS/Stripped Lower combos I have aren't anything more than a good plan someday.

I think MFL was advertising Romanian WASR-10 AK's for about $500 (+)....

Definitely better than recent prices in the $600 to $700 range.

Today's listed price from higher end distributors... $449.

Back to normal and shame on any of you who paid/sold one for over $600!

I did not see bolt actions price rise a lot for obvious reasons, they seem to be holding low and steady. I'm glad I got my SKS for $200, a lesbian co-worker with her LTC sold it to me.

Last edited:
7.62 x39 ammo is coming down in price as well. less than 150 delivered for 500 rounds from an online dealer.

Back
Top Bottom