• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

NOTE: If you are waiting a long, long time for your C&R FFL and want to check your application status, the number (as of 2012) is: (866) 662-2750 for the Licensing Center.

Well, I either just got handed a load of BS or I timed my inquiry perfectly. I sent in my change of address about two months ago and still hadn't gotten my FFL. Called this number and spoke to the gentleman who handles MA. He puts me on hold for about 15 seconds and when he picked up again, he told me that mine was the next one in the stack on his desk and he'd be processing it today and issuing it today.

Guess they're a bit swamped on the federal level, too. Either way, long as I get it I'll be a happy puppy.

- C&R FFLs can thus purchase handguns that DEALER FFLs can NOT sell in MA! [Chapter 180 prohibited "Purveyors" of firearms from selling firearms that are untested, not on the List, etc. But since C&R FFLs are NOT Dealers ("purveyors") they are EXEMPT from this portion of the law.]

Is this really true? I can by an Kimber Ultra Carry and ahve it shipped directly to me? And as I have a Class A I can order a 9mm with full 15 round magazines?

Is this really true? I can by an Kimber Ultra Carry and ahve it shipped directly to me? And as I have a Class A I can order a 9mm with full 15 round magazines?

[rolleyes] Did you even READ this thread?

The answer to that question would be Yes ONLY IF YOU CAN FIND A 50 YEAR OLD KIMBER ULTRA CARRY.

[slap]

Now go back and actually READ the thread.

From the SIXTH post in this thread where Greg asked if he could get an H&K USP.

Greg has it right. C&R eligible guns are those >50 yrs old or on a special list published by BATFE.

So no USPs for ~40 more years. :(

[rolleyes] Did you even READ this thread?

The answer to that question would be Yes ONLY IF YOU CAN FIND A 50 YEAR OLD KIMBER ULTRA CARRY.

Now go back and actually READ the thread.

I did read the thread but not all 1751 replies over the many years it extends. ..and there were several conflicting comments on the subject.

I did read the thread but not all 1751 replies over the many years it extends. ..and there were several conflicting comments on the subject.

Hello neighbors, I just finished reading Every post (1753) and despite the tremendous amount of repeated questions it was helpful and entertaining.
My CC was charged 15 February, and SWMBO was annoyed at me within 2 days. I kept pestering her "Dear, it was charged on 15 Feb?" At least every other day.
I keep hoping I'm one of the lucky ones who gets it quickly and have already been checking the mail a little early, and each day feel the little crack in my heart when I see it hasn't yet arrived. haha

There have been several steady question answerers over the years that this thread has been open.
Wow, such patience to repeat answers so many times over the years.

Thank you for your patience and thanks for the humor that was tossed in.

Oh, not sure how I found you folks, but I live in the (relatively) free state of WA, and travel to the NE once every few years.

finally got my paperwork monday, looked like it sat in a puddle of water for a day. Everything inside was ruined, all the ink ran. Called the ATF to get another one and was told it would be sent overnight, and I am still waiting. Has anyone else had this problem?

I mailed mine on 2/24, but my CC hasn't been charged yet. What's the typical Sent to Charged time? The few forum posts that I saw from December were only about 7 days. Since it's Friday, I figure I'm going on 14 days. Can't wait... [smile]

I mailed mine on 2/24, but my CC hasn't been charged yet. What's the typical Sent to Charged time? The few forum posts that I saw from December were only about 7 days. Since it's Friday, I figure I'm going on 14 days. Can't wait... [smile]

They charge pretty quickly - I mailed mine 1/30, they received it on 2/2 and the CC was charged on 2/4.

ETA: Just received FFL in the mail this afternoon so 42 days from receipt at BATFE

Last edited:
Something is definitely strange...
I called at noon to ask about the status of my application and was told that it wasn't in the system. I was then forwarded to the MA examiner who didn't pick up, so I left a message. I never got called back, so I decided to call again just before 5pm. I was then told that the MA examiner had already left for the day but had been in today. So, I'm going to have to try again on Monday. I'm not sure why my application never got put in the system.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

if i get my C & R would it then be easier to get an FFL, i might be able to use my property as my premises if i do some gunsmithing repairs (little businesses like small engine repair, farm stands and other rural businesses are allowed. any ideas if this would smooth things out. located in CT

if i get my C & R would it then be easier to get an FFL, i might be able to use my property as my premises if i do some gunsmithing repairs (little businesses like small engine repair, farm stands and other rural businesses are allowed. any ideas if this would smooth things out. located in CT
i'm curious about that as well. but i think someone told me a couple years ago that the ATF won't approve " garage / home type FFL 1's anymore
17432.gif

also, do you have to show that you are trying to make it a profitable business? my street has a special zoning for businesses, so it is not out of a garage per se. i want mostly to buy stuff for myself.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I remember something about Ma not allowing a persons house to be a FFL, but that has nothing to do with a C&R, that's if you are trying to be a new gun dealer out of your house, again that is Ma, not sure in other states...

No, it doesn't make sense at all! It is liberal bullshit brought to you by your attorney general. They also don't allow gunsmithing businesses from a home, regardless of town zoning. If town zoning allows the business why should the state restrict it? Are there any other businesses that are restricted this way?

No, it doesn't make sense at all! It is liberal bullshit brought to you by your attorney general. They also don't allow gunsmithing businesses from a home, regardless of town zoning. If town zoning allows the business why should the state restrict it? Are there any other businesses that are restricted this way?

i meant it makes sense for the communist occupied territories of Massachusetts

I called today and the examiner told me that I should wait another week before checking if my card is charged. This seems like a really long time (mailed 2/24) compared to what others have posted in the forums. Has anyone mailed theirs in on or after 2/24? If so, when were you charged?

Back
Top Bottom