EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

I've been reading through info on the C&R license and was wondering how the dealer pricing works with dealers with online ordering forms. Are the discounts visible before you order? Do you have to order by phone? When midway has an email subscriber sale the prices are visible before you purchase. Also how much of a discount is typical from dealers like brownells and midway?
Thanks

I've been reading through info on the C&R license and was wondering how the dealer pricing works with dealers with online ordering forms. Are the discounts visible before you order? Do you have to order by phone? When midway has an email subscriber sale the prices are visible before you purchase. Also how much of a discount is typical from dealers like brownells and midway?
Thanks

Once you send them a copy of your C&R they'll tie it to your account. You'll need to login to see the discounts. I paid for my C&R with my first order!

My C&R just arrived today - 4 weeks even from date of mailing.

Hmmm - what's first on the list ...

I called them after 3 weeks to check the status and they just said it is still being processed. I'm going on over 4 weeks now. I would really like to get it for those discounts I hear about especially from Midway.

Random thought: C&R FFL must stand for Crackers and Ramen FFL since that's all you can afford once you get it.

Well I finally got around to ordering my C&R FFL application.

Thanks to everyone here for getting me drooling over the thought of what awaits me when I get it![smile]

I got the package from the ATF a few weeks ago and lost it among the mass of paper on my desk. I found it today along with a survey card and sent it out in todays mail so now the wait is on!! [smile]

Do you have to fill out everything again or is it a simpler way of doing it?

I can't remember what the application for a new license was like. This is no worse than a 4473. The renewal is one sheet, double sided but hardly anything on one side. There is another citizenship cert though.

I'd vote for an Sistema Colt Modelo 1927... it's basically an exact 1911A1 clone. And runs about $300.

Dwarven1: I've been looking around for one of them, mostly just for the frame & slide (not sure if it's a good starting point for a project gun, but I figure at $300 it's worth a try). I haven't found any on the usual sites (SOG, Century, etc). Looks like Cruffler and L.C. used to be the main sources, but L.C. doesn't appear to sell them anymore, and Cruffler seems to be long gone. Are you aware of any dealers which still sell them?

Thanks much
Chris

I may have spoken too soon, as I'm not getting any response back from cruffler.

I'd called the phone # on the Cruffler/JLD page today, and the guy who'd answered said that they're not doing business anymore. It looks like this co. has bought JLD http://www.ptr91.com/ - they do still sell some Argentine surplus, but it's just Mausers and bolts.

Looks like I've missed the boat on yet another C&R deal :'(

I just spoke to the woman at the license processing place. She said it's taking up to 90 days for C&Rs now. [sad2] I mailed mine out on the 9th (of February), check was cashed on the 13th of February. The wait is on.

Back
Top Bottom