EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Ok 2 things I have questions on.

1.) Do you guys all mail yours out certified mail?
2.) What do you really say in your letter to the CLEO. I just said in a nutshell please find the enclosed copy of BATF Form 7CR for your records. This was sent to you as a requirment per the BATF. There is nothing that you or the Medford PD have to do.

Does that sum it up enough?

I don't think I even put in a cover letter. Just sent it off to the CLEO in my city as it was. I figured if he had any questions on it, my name and address were on it; he could call me up and ask.

What do you really say in your letter to the CLEO.

I sent the chief a cover letter saying thank you for the help he's provided me in the past (he's a good guy), told him what I was up to generally in my gun pursuits because I thought he might be personally interested (rather than professionally), and then just briefly mentioned the enclosed app as the real reason I was sending him mail.

I didn't bother to send it certified.

Thanks guys. I mailed it out just now. Sent a quick cover letter to the cheif and explained as i did above what it was for and included my number if he had any questions. so lets hope the ATF gets it and starts the process. ill watch my debit card account to wait and see.

I scribbled a short cover letter on a post-it and stuck it to the CLEO copy. They may not necessarily know why they're getting it.

My first time requesting it was probably the second one they'd seen in years.
[smile]

Do only firearm purchases have to be logged, or do ammo/accessories have to be logged as well?

Will companies (like CDNN) give discounts to C&R FFLs for non-C&R firearms as long as they're transfered to a FFL-01?

Rag: It's firearms only. Bound book per ATF. Very easy to do and maintain the paperwork
Vic: Congrats. are in order. Now a whole new world of spending your money is open to you.
Good luck.

Bound book

Just a question. Got my C&R in mail Last week. What is this bound book, and do i need it, or can it be logged on a computer? If i do need one where can i purchase it. Any info would help as i am totally new to this
Thanks

I just received all of my books yesterday, I hope to get the certificate soon.
The book lists certain ammunition as C&R... why?

Will AIM discount magazine prices to C&R holders?

Last edited:
A friend of mine brought up an interesting question: can an 03 FFL purchase a C&R handgun in a state that is NOT his state of residence?

can an 03 FFL purchase a C&R handgun in a state that is NOT his state of residence?

From the ATF C&R webpage:

"The principal advantage of a Collector's License is that a collector can acquire curios or relics in interstate commerce. A licensed collector may acquire and dispose of curios or relics at any location; however, dispositions to nonlicensees must be made to residents of the same State in which the collector is licensed."

That sounds like a yes to me, you can import a C&R handgun into your state but you can't export one without going through another FFL.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jdubois! Do you have the link to that page? I can't seem to find that particular quote on the ATF website, although I've found some others similar.

Back
Top Bottom