• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

End of private transfers in MA?

So went into a gun shop today to buy some ammo. Owner was there saying well it aint looking to good for private transfers they should be done with by September. Now normally I would chalk this one up to the " we will see what happens " section of my brain. However, he said the same thing about gun shops selling ar 15's and ak's before the 2016 ban. This guy is usually pretty spot on when it comes to stuff like this. So has anyone heard anything? I am not quite up to snuff on the current gun laws trying to be passed in MA. Thanks.

Its all about the current bills that passed the house and waiting for the senate. one of which is "closing the gun show loophole" as the left libtards like to call it.

He was probably speculating about the universal background check debate that’ll happen when Congress reconvenes after the August recess. By then, Ol’ Mitch would’ve found something else to harp on and private transfers will not be impacted.

I was told that you couldn't sell an AR that you built without a manufactures license .

Define "built without a manufacturers license".
Something you assembled from a serialized stripped lower which was transferred to you with a 4473, or assembled from an 80% lower that you milled out to 100% ???

I'd say that ending private transfers is the next logical chess piece for them to move on the board.
Yes, and I wouldn't be surprised if MA passes this before any action happens in congress. It's a good way for the antis and gov't clowns to kill off private transfers of non-tested/non-approved handguns.

Yes, and I wouldn't be surprised if MA passes this before any action happens in congress. It's a good way for the antis and gov't clowns to kill off private transfers of non-tested/non-approved handguns.

"Private Transfers" and "off list" going away would be the least of my concerns if they actually are willing to edit MGL to do it. It would likely be a dumpster fire far worse.

-Mike

And in this State it would be VERY hard for 2A supporters to articulate exactly WHY they shouldn't proceed with enacting the legislation.

It isn't like restricting access to off-list firearms is a bug and not a feature.

I bet if they go from like 4 private transfers a year to 3 or 2 then they’ll be no more mass shootings. I’m down.

If they are going to change the Law... they should make it 10 private transfers per year. [smile]

Something you assembled from a serialized stripped lower which was transferred to you with a 4473, or assembled from an 80% lower that you milled out to 100% ???

Nope just a run of the mill build ,stripped lower, parts kits ect.

So a gun owner moves to MA with guns that are perfectly legal in pretty much every other state. He/she then goes to sell it to a buyer in MA and can’t do it because it’s off list and all transfers have to go through an FFL. That sounds like a constitutional problem.

So a gun owner moves to MA with guns that are perfectly legal in pretty much every other state. He/she then goes to sell it to a buyer in MA and can’t do it because it’s off list and all transfers have to go through an FFL. That sounds like a constitutional problem.

One would think that the inability to purchase a gun unless you have a license would be a constitutional problem as well but it’s Massachusetts.

Bob

I believe finished 80% or even finished 0% made by a non-manufacturer are limited to personal use only and cannot be transferred. Fully completed lowers are considered gun by the feds, and separated into a third type (handgun, receiver/frame, long gun) on the 4473 so that lowers could not be bought outside one's home state.

I believe finished 80% or even finished 0% made by a non-manufacturer are limited to personal use only and cannot be transferred. Fully completed lowers are considered gun by the feds, and separated into a third type (handgun, receiver/frame, long gun) on the 4473 so that lowers could not be bought outside one's home state.
I was under the understanding that you can sell a firearm you manufacture, you just can't manufacture with the intent of selling if you're not an FFL...

By eliminating private transfers, all ARs on the state are frozen at current ownership...until the AG decides to prosecute possession.

And in this State it would be VERY hard for 2A supporters to articulate exactly WHY they shouldn't proceed with enacting the legislation.

It isn't like restricting access to off-list firearms is a bug and not a feature.

There's tons of reasons to oppose most of the shitty legislation that gets put up, but not sure it will do any good. Only thing that stops this crap in MA is legislative sloth and costs, most MA moonbat pols don't like paying for gun control wrt budget time, (because deep down many know it's bullshit, but many do it to pander to their base)

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom