• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

End of private transfers in MA?

What if you stripped down your AR and sold it as a lower?

If they do what I think they would do, that ain't going to be legal anymore either, but it all depends on how many people just go "f*** it" and stop caring about obeying the garbage. A lot of this already started happening after 7/20/16.... of course in that case, it was an easy choice to make because her interpretation was unenforceable fake law... if the legislature actually changes stuff, penalty will be real for getting caught....

He was probably talking about the “powers to be” on recess right now until september

Everyone knows something is going to happen on the federal level , be it red flag, background checks, high cap mag bans , who knows

but something is going to start rolling come September

And all that say nothing will happen should remember the AG’s overnight attack on the state level and the bump stock issue federally

Anyone that was a avid shooter in 94 and in 98 will remember just how quick things can go sideways

Last edited:
I think at minimum they will try to get what was dumped back in duvals run at gun control.

What if you stripped down your AR and sold it as a lower?
The AG has degreed that a lower is a complete firearm for the purposes of the AW ban.

As to banning private transfers - probably not, if the law mandates a dealer performs a background check; not that the dealer transfer it to him/herself first then 4473/eFA10 it to the transferee.

The AG has degreed that a lower is a complete firearm for the purposes of the AW ban.

As to banning private transfers - probably not, if the law mandates a dealer performs a background check; not that the dealer transfer it to him/herself first then 4473/eFA10 it to the transferee.
How would that sit with ATF? Jack.

You have to confirm this with a cop or the UPS driver. Jack.
LOL!!!! [laugh]

Let's not forget that we already have de facto checks of a sort when licensed individuals in MA use the portal for their private transfers.

But I don't think that happens when unlicensed individuals buy a stolen gun out of the back of someone's trunk. I'd have to check into how that works. [thinking]

A gun shop owner talking about private transfers is like a fishing-charter operator talking about fishing licenses.
Nothing said in a gun store should ever be taken seriously.
This and this. [laugh] And that goes doubly if it is an unnamed shop with the dubious claim or story posted on NES. [rockon]

I'm 100% certain that if a FFL touches it, BATFE would declare that as a "transfer" with all the rules that go with that.

LOL!!!! [laugh]

Let's not forget that we already have de facto checks of a sort when licensed individuals in MA use the portal for their private transfers.

But I don't think that happens when unlicensed individuals buy a stolen gun out of the back of someone's trunk. I'd have to check into how that works. [thinking]
One of the reasons for the portal is that it indeed does a state-wide background check on all parties when you use the portal. It doesn't connect to NICS however . . . FRB looked into that and were told that ONLY FFLs can use NICS, no exceptions (this info was direct from the Director of FRB).

One of the reasons for the portal is that it indeed does a state-wide background check on all parties when you use the portal. It doesn't connect to NICS however . . . FRB looked into that and were told that ONLY FFLs can use NICS, no exceptions (this info was direct from the Director of FRB).

I would be very surprised if it actually "checks" anything other than the current validity of an LTC. The state may have other systems which send some kind of a kill signal to MIRCS though, or maybe an alert to CHSB to disable the license. To this day there are still likely "dead men walking" in MA with LTCs that simply haven't been clocked yet because of the records gap, etc. I still hear about them periodically.

-Mike

I am not against the concept of a background check when a firearm is transferred between strangers but the government won't just set it up like that. They will also demand information on the firearm itself and thereby build defacto firearms registry to be later used for the confiscation effort we all know is coming once the Dems get back in power.

Those Pre Healeys will be some serious $$$ before a ban on private transfers kick in.

Aren't they already going for $1500?

I don't have one, my options are to cough up enough money to buy 3 complete guns and the spend another $500 min for parts to finish it, or spend nearly the same on someone else's build and then buy parts to set it up the way I want.

Feel free to correct me if I am incorrect.

Aren't they already going for $1500?

I don't have one, my options are to cough up enough money to buy 3 complete guns and the spend another $500 min for parts to finish it, or spend nearly the same on someone else's build and then buy parts to set it up the way I want.

Feel free to correct me if I am incorrect.

I paid about 1200. Some pre 7/20 I see are in the 1800-2000 range! At that point just go for an actual pre ban so you can have all the fixins.

I would be very surprised if it actually "checks" anything other than the current validity of an LTC. The state may have other systems which send some kind of a kill signal to MIRCS though, or maybe an alert to CHSB to disable the license. To this day there are still likely "dead men walking" in MA with LTCs that simply haven't been clocked yet because of the records gap, etc. I still hear about them periodically.

-Mike
The only check that the eFA-10 system does is a validity check of the LTCs. HOWEVER, the courts send out notices daily on any court activity involving LTC/FID holders so that those licenses can be suspended/revoked. Thus, if the system works as designed, one would fail the eFA-10 validity check.

End of private transfers in MA?

Nope, the Beginning of Serial Number Obliteration in Mass...

#MakeEveryGunAGhostGun
If you want to violate Fed law and perhaps get a vacation in the "big house"!

If you want to violate Fed law and perhaps get a vacation in the "big house"!

Love you Len, but when they finally make gun-ownership illegal... it will be too late.

iu

Last edited:
The ATF does not interpret state laws but defers to the AG on that (for at least a while, the NSA examiners required proof a gun was pre-Heliban to approve a Form 1).

But, Healy is closer to the Federal definition of firearm than MA law is. MA is an anomaly where a stripped lower does not fall under any state regulation, except those issued ex-rectus by the AG.

The ATF does not interpret state laws but defers to the AG on that (for at least a while, the NSA examiners required proof a gun was pre-Heliban to approve a Form 1).

But, Healy is closer to the Federal definition of firearm than MA law is. MA is an anomaly where a stripped lower does not fall under any state regulation, except those issued ex-rectus by the AG.

Not much to add. I just love “ex-rectus.”

Back
Top Bottom