Edumacate me on crossbows

Anyone have one? I've been pondering trading one of my pistols for one lately - perhaps its too much walking dead.

What do I look for in a crossbow for it to be worth it? No, Im not talking about it as a defensive weapon, but they just look like a lot of fun to me. What kind of weight am I looking for? 150lb/175lb and are there brands and things to avoid?

Thanks,

Also you want one with the shoulder thing that goes up and maybe a red dot sight, bayonet, pistol grip, and that evil Killy grenade launcher mount.

lots of good info here.

Make sure you get those preban hi cap arrows to go with it.

But seriously, I have often thought about getting one. Just haven't got around to it yet.

lots of good info here.

Make sure you get those preban hi cap arrows to go with it.

But seriously, I have often thought about getting one. Just haven't got around to it yet.
Yeah I thought about getting one as well just not sure what I'd use it for lol. They look like there pretty heavy as well.

Ive got a Parker crossbow that has served me well for three years. Ive shot plenty of deer with it . Havent had an arrow that didnt pass completely through yet, at any angle or distance.
One thing to consider is that string replacement is not easy on the compound crossbows. String replacement is much easier on a recurve crossbow. Not that the string needs to be replaced often . Mine is just starting to show wear after 3 seasons and hundreds of shots. You will also need to get a target that is made to stop the bolts. They went right through my foam targets that stop regular arrows . My bow is 175 lbs pull but if you are not hunting you may not need one that strong.

So, I bought a carbon express sls (reviewed favorably for it's price point) sort of on a whim. It's fun, but I prefer to shoot my regular bow, it sort of takes the archery out of archery, but at the same time I'm completely ready to storm a castle or fight the king of France.

It came with a rope with handles on each end, hooks to cock it, which is very much easier than doing it by hand.

Overall, not as fun as a regular bow, but would buy again just because it's still a good time to launch bolts on target at those speeds.

Anyone have one? I've been pondering trading one of my pistols for one lately - perhaps its too much walking dead.

What do I look for in a crossbow for it to be worth it? No, Im not talking about it as a defensive weapon, but they just look like a lot of fun to me. What kind of weight am I looking for? 150lb/175lb and are there brands and things to avoid?

Thanks,

Let me know if you find what you are looking for because for a long time I have wanted to do the same except for the fact I have no info on what to go for and these can be get up there in price as well. So I prefer not to start out with something that I will have to upgrade later.

Just make sure you don't have a high-cap quiver. It's 7 years in the big house for each one you possess.

Back
Top Bottom