Ed Head - Nazi? Okay, Maybe Not...

So, I have discovered that I do indeed have an outdoor-type channel. For some reason DirectTv won't give me the Outdoor Channel, but will give me "Sportsman Channel" Anyway, it's the same old fare - some reruns of G&A, (which is generally stupid), The American Rifleman, (which is pretty good lately), Tactical Impact, (which is good eye candy) and also PDTV, (which has some good info).

Last night, they had "Ed Head" on talking about shotguns. It seemed like pretty good info, (except for that he's the second professional in two days that recommended birdshot for HD...[thinking]). It was hard to pay attention to him though, because in every shot, he had a goddamned modern day baseball hat, (not an antique soldiers cap) with a Nazi eagle over swastika...Have we not gone beyond this, or is it some sort of new fad? Is he serious? I just thought it in bad taste...Freedom of expression is great and all, but if you're going to do a nationally syndicated television show, is a swastika a really good idea, or good advertising for Gunsite Academy? [thinking]

Last edited:
Yeah, I think if Ed was to show up wearing an actual Nazi logo on his hat his producers just might suggest he replace it was something more tasteful.

Also, could have been a Ruger logo ...

So, I have discovered that I do indeed have an outdoor-type channel. For some reason DirectTv won't give me the Outdoor Channel, but will give me "Sportsman Channel" Anyway, ...

FYI: You can get the Outdoor channel à la carte for $2.99/month. Just contact customer service (sic). Also, the Sportsman's Channel is included in their choice upgraded packages, not in their basic lineup.

I've been watching lately for the guns info and hunting shows. Any hunting on food plots or over bait, I no longer watch. That knocks out a few series right away. I too like the Guns & Ammo, American Rifleman, Personal Defense shows.

FYI: You can get the Outdoor channel à la carte for $2.99/month. Just contact customer service (sic). Also, the Sportsman's Channel is included in their choice upgraded packages, not in their basic lineup.

Exactly I pay ala carte for the outdoor channel.

ROFL...Jesus, I hope that's it...Maybe I need a new TV, because it was a dead ringer for the Nazi emblem, (please tell me at least that's an accident). I have it on DVR - will have to watch it again tonight....

If you made that mistake, I'm sure some bedwetters from The Brady Campaign or John Rosenthal will be in the news to shriek about it sometime soon.

It was late, but I was leaning forward in my chair saying: WTF? It was a lot more pronounced than their logo, (edges were sharp)....I'll check it again tonight.

I've made worse mistakes myself, I'm not bashing you for it. [grin] I'm just waiting for The Gun Guys blog post about Nazism on gun culture TV. [wink]

So, I have discovered that I do indeed have an outdoor-type channel. For some reason DirectTv won't give me the Outdoor Channel, but will give me "Sportsman Channel" Anyway, it's the same old fare - some reruns of G&A, (which is generally stupid), The American Rifleman, (which is pretty good lately), Tactical Impact, (which is good eye candy) and also PDTV, (which has some good info).

Last night, they had "Ed Head" on talking about shotguns. It seemed like pretty good info, (except for that he's the second professional in two days that recommended birdshot for HD...[thinking]). It was hard to pay attention to him though, because in every shot, he had a goddamned modern day baseball hat, (not an antique soldiers cap) with a Nazi eagle over swastika...Have we not gone beyond this, or is it some sort of new fad? Is he serious? I just thought it in bad taste...Freedom of expression is great and all, but if you're going to do a nationally syndicated television show, is a swastika a really good idea, or good advertising for Gunsite Academy? [thinking]

Been watching this channel for years... hahaha, I think you need a new pair of glasses. This channel puts the best of gun owners forward, and drops all the typical stereotypes (white supremacists, rednecks, etc)

I think they would sooner back Obama's administration than they would show a swastika anywhere on any of their programs.

It is a similar looking design but still fairly easy to ID. Sounds like you need some HD and a new tv Mark. Time to consult Fooped. [smile]

Okay, so I watched it again - this time pre-2am and it's not a the eagle over swastika, but the resemblance has me scratching my noggin...I'll give him a pass....

I still am perplexed by his suggestion of #7 birdshot for home defense - every fiber of my being thinks that's not a sound plan - especially since he advocates having 7-shot in the tube and buckshot/slugs on deck in the side-saddle, but who the hell am I?

Back
Top Bottom