• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Early Xmas present…

View attachment 701147
My girlfriend just found this off the side of the road and brought it home for me!!
I use the ‘paper’ & combs as wadding in my smooth bore muzzleloader.
I went shooting last weekend and all my older nest material had turned into dust. I ended up having to use leaves.
Neat. Just curious, do you microwave first for 45 seconds?

From what I’ve read folks used what they had. Grass, leaves, cotton, wool, linen, wasp nest, whatever.
I’ve used em all and they all keep the shot out of the powder and shot from rolling out the barrel.
That’s part of the fun of fine tuning muzzleloaders.
Figuring out what combo your gun likes best.
What do you find ‘risky’?

From what I’ve read folks used what they had. Grass, leaves, cotton, wool, linen, wasp nest, whatever.
I’ve used em all and they all keep the shot out of the powder and shot from rolling out the barrel.
That’s part of the fun of fine tuning muzzleloaders.
Figuring out what combo your gun likes best.
What do you find ‘risky’?
The risky part would be checking if the hive was deserted!

The risky part would be checking if the hive was deserted!
Use a long stick.
When I first started collecting them I’d put em in a trash bag before I brought em in the house, just in case.
This one didn’t even have pupa in any of the cells.
It seems like after a few good freezes you’re mostly safeish.

damn, i thought this was finally that honey karma someone kept promising for a few year now. i know it wasn't the op so don't give him any grief. if i can remember who it is, i'm coming after you bogus honey karma guy!

Back
Top Bottom