• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Donald Trump's position paper on 2A:

I agree. Once the federal government gets involved in who can and who can not have a license, there will be no end to the mischief that it's agents can do.

A license is an infringement on the 2A. Period. Giving the Fed control over who can and cannot carry would go right to the ATF, our favorite bunch of bureaucrats.

No one knows what the Donald really believes, possibly not even the Donald himself.

However, you KNOW Hillary is rabidly anti-gun, anti-gun culture, anti-law abiding citizens, etc., etc., etc. This is one of the few areas in her life where she really has a consistent track record across several decades.

No one knows what the Donald really believes, possibly not even the Donald himself.

Exactly.

He is a dirtbag. A slimeball. He will go whichever way the wind is blowing at the time.

I love how he says we need to, "fix our broken mental health system". While certainly true, I believe that Donald Trump cares about our broken mental health system about as much as Hillary Clinton cares about the difference between a magazine and a clip.

The only GOOD way for the fed .gov to get involved in licensing would be to find it unConstitutional. Then start working on revising the GCA prohibited persons.

Unfortunately, this "policy statement " is nothing more than a bunch of platitudes and generalities. Nothing that is concrete that he can't easily flip on because its "for the children". I need him to articulate what he sees as abuses created by existing laws at the federal and state levels. He's from New York so he should have plenty to say on that if his pro 2A beliefs are genuine. For instance what leverage is he will to apply to the states to amend their overly restrictive laws and policies pertaining to firearms rights? The Feds do that to in many other areas like with environmental issues and highway safety and frequently by using the threat of cutting off funding, grants and local aid. How about states and localities that consistently violate the intent of FOPA? Crack down on NY and NJ first. Donald, do you really want my vote? If so give me more details on some of the positions and policies you will actively promote to insure my gun rights!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom