• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CPAC: Donald Trump voters warn of 'civil war' if he loses - and say 'we'll take up arms'

Agreed. I and others on the hospital board frequently asked the question of died with vs died of. It was less about the cause of death that was reported on the death certificate, which often was not COVID, than whether the person who died was also COVID positive & what interpretations where made by the state agencies who received that data. For the most part, hospital deaths due to COVID or even hospital deaths during that period were not overwhelming.
The biggest thing is all of the other damage done to this country during Covid. Some of the damage is permanent.

Most hospitals were a mess before Covid.

Hospitals were crying on TV about a lack of supplies at the start of Covid. My Daughter, the RN, just laughed. That's a good one she said, we have had poor supplies as long as I have worked here and have been told countless times to try and reuse what ever you can.
This. We were the exception rather than the rule for small community hospitals in MA: 20+ years of surpluses, zero debt & plenty of cash reserves. COVID really did a number on us but hopefully we’re looking at an operating surplus this year or next. The only saving grace for 2023 was that our investment gains were larger than our operating loss so technically we made a surplus, but not from operations and you can’t do that forever.

This. We were the exception rather than the rule for small community hospitals in MA: 20+ years of surpluses, zero debt & plenty of cash reserves. COVID really did a number on us but hopefully we’re looking at an operating surplus this year or next. The only saving grace for 2023 was that our investment gains were larger than our operating loss so technically we made a surplus, but not from operations and you can’t do that forever.
Non Profit or for Profit?

MY Daughter is of the opinion that only the big conglomerates will survive when its all said and done.
We shall see. One of the biggest conglomerates in MA is going down the toilet. But it’s definitely trending the way your daughter says

Man i got my cw 2 kit ready bitch

Daniel defense mk18 - 75 pmags x 2
Plate carrier with level 4s
300 win mag
Mulitple 9s
Boker dessert not to be confused with desert warrior
Cat
Backup cat
1 16.9 ounce bottle of water
And ive walked my dog every day this week

Lets do it
Yes, but what about second breakfast? Bro, do you even second breakfast? 🤣

There was a time in our country's recent history where we looked at the left not as bad people. But as good people, with good intentions, and a bunch of bad ideas. Republicans used to debate those ideas - and when they did, they CLEANED UP on election day. Ronald Reagan - won reelection carrying 49 out of 50 states in the electoral college. Richard Nixon - won re-election carrying 49 out of 50 states in the electoral college. No Democrat has EVER done that - or even come close.

When Conservatives debate on the merits of the day's arguments - and ideas. They win - and win big. But we've lost that part of ourselves. Now we're lining up behind a pathological liar, subscribing to the most far-out conspiracy theories, and making memes... while wondering why we get smoked at the ballot box.
Let's see. Pathological liar with good intentions or Senile career politician that could never tell reality from fantasy. Hasn't done anything significant in 50 plus years in office. Who's family is a train wreck. That bragged about having the best voter fraud organization.
Yeah that's a tough choice.🤣

Let's see. Pathological liar with good intentions or Senile career politician that could never tell reality from fantasy. Hasn't done anything significant in 50 plus years in office. Who's family is a train wreck. That bragged about having the best voter fraud organization.
Yeah, but they're all pathological liars, so.. 🤷‍♂️

Not arguing that. I just wish we could do better..... on both sides...

I do not believe that COVID is a "fictitious disease" with a "fabricated" narrative. We'll just have to disagree on that one. That is the context of the conversation in which you insert yourself. There are probably people in this very thread who have lost folks in their lives that they cared about to that disease. It's deeply offensive to them to call their deaths a lie... I find it such...

COVID was many things - a "fictitious disease" is not one of them...
It almost took out my mother. She was in the ICU for weeks and has never been the same. I’ve had it 5 times now and am just fine. Mild symptoms and no last effects.

It’s definitely real but they had to go ahead and politicize it so it became a left/right thing and most of the guys here ate it right up.

That's a gross oversimplification of what was a very complex and deadly disease when it first hit our country. I think it's bullshit. I think most people died because they had 3 or more comorbidities when they got COVID. But people don't like being told they're fat asses who eat like shit, don't exercise, and generally do more to kill themselves than the disease. So here we are.... with intellectually dishonest line-liners like the above.
Do you know more people who died of Covid or have had more problems or died from complications from the vaccine? I know what I’ve witnessed at work at home and from 1 million other stories. But now you’re going to tell me that they’re anecdotal.

We're too far along as a developed nation for something as quaint as "civil war". You gotta think "balkanization", a real disintegration, much more granular. Not state vs state or even town vs town, but all the way to neighbor vs neighbor. Who's that knocking on your door, and what are they holding behind their back? The dummies clamoring for civil war have likely never been to a country that's lived it, and certainly haven't thought things thru to their conclusion.

Do you know more people who died of Covid or have had more problems or died from complications from the vaccine? I know what I’ve witnessed at work at home and from 1 million other stories. But now you’re going to tell me that they’re anecdotal.

Myself personally. I don't know anyone who's died from the vaccine, personally. I do know people who have died from covid. My experience is anecdotal and is no way scientific or representative of anything. But just because you asked, that's my personal experience.

I do know someone who the vax has messed up though... or at least he attributes it to that and I have no reason to doubt him. He is my best friend. A man I've known for over 30 years

...and to boot, he still got COVID...... twice....

We're too far along as a developed nation for something as quaint as "civil war". You gotta think "balkanization", a real disintegration, much more granular. Not state vs state or even town vs town, but all the way to neighbor vs neighbor. Who's that knocking on your door, and what are they holding behind their back? The dummies clamoring for civil war have likely never been to a country that's lived it, and certainly haven't thought things thru to their conclusion.
Correct. The problem is, on our present trajectory, the outcomes are: copious bloodshed, or slavery down to the third generation followed by copious bloodshed. And the ordinary means of correcting that trajectory - elections - have been shenaniganed away.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Nobody is "clamoring" for civil war. Talking about something IS NOT clamoring for it to happen. It is calling out the parameters that exist and where they lead.

If you think "we are too far along as a developed nation for something as quaint as civil war" or somehow immune to it, You are delusional.

Countries all around the world that have been established and developed for a thousand years longer than the United States have devolved into civil war in a matter of weeks or months under certain circumstances with hundreds of thousands killed or displaced. How the fvck do you think WE THE U.S. got all OUR REFUGEES????

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Nobody is "clamoring" for civil war. Talking about something IS NOT clamoring for it to happen. It is calling out the parameters that exist and where they lead.

If you think "we are too far along as a developed nation for something as quaint as civil war" or somehow immune to it, You are delusional.

Countries all around the world that have been established and developed for a thousand years longer than the United States have devolved into civil war in a matter of weeks or months under certain circumstances with hundreds of thousands killed or displaced. How the fvck do you think WE THE U.S. got all OUR REFUGEES????
You didn't read my full post, did you? I didn't say we were immune to civil war. I'm saying we're vulnerable to something much worse. And the folks who keep "talking about it" like in the very news link we're all responding to (and worse, if you adjust your Safe Search settings), are operating under the delusion that  their side is the only one with weapons. It's easy to f*** Around if you don't think you'll have to Find Out.

Last edited:
You didn't read my full post, did you?
Um, yes, I did. And I quoted it so there was no mistaking it.

The general day to day complacency and mindset of people in the U.S. is "That Could/Would Never Happen Here".

Yes it can and will and HAS happened here, just three or four generations ago.

When any form of government or group of people USING THE FORCE OF GOVERNMENT (mostly democrats/communists) starts to so severely infringe on the rights of and the ability of the general public to live their lives peacefully, THERE WILL BE REPROCUSSIONS.

Um, yes, I did. And I quoted it so there was no mistaking it.

The general day to day complacency and mindset of people in the U.S. is "That Could/Would Never Happen Here".

Yes it can and will and HAS happened here, just three or four generations ago.

When any form of government or group of people USING THE FORCE OF GOVERNMENT (mostly democrats/communists) starts to so severely infringe on the rights of and the ability of the general public to live their lives peacefully, THERE WILL BE REPROCUSSIONS.
Compared to what some countries in Africa and Eastern Europe have gone thru, our Civil War was a debutante ball. Organized warfare, formal declarations, uniforms, some real super soft shit. Talk to me when it's neighbors acting to eliminate the "insurgents" next door.

You are convinced it is the "democrats/communists" infringing on people's rights when at the moment it's a different set of people actively telling others what they can or can't do.

Yes, and there is/was no better incentive for a hospital collecting tens of thousands of government dollars to label the dead as having died of a fictitious disease.

In case you hadn't noticed, nobody died of influenza in 2020, 2021 and 2022. ALL died of COVID.....and the money flowed like rivers.

Get a grip!
100%
The news I saw yesterday said to now treat symptoms like it's the flu........hmmmmm?

100%
The news I saw yesterday said to now treat symptoms like it's the flu........hmmmmm?
You don't start a battle that you know you won't win. In 2024 even the lockdown supporters are more like to say "nah, not this time". Myself as an example, the way we half-assed the last time, what the heck is the point? Let's all enjoy Long Covid together.

Compared to what some countries in Africa and Eastern Europe have gone thru, our Civil War was a debutante ball. Organized warfare, formal declarations, uniforms, some real super soft shit. Talk to me when it's neighbors acting to eliminate the "insurgents" next door.

You are convinced it is the "democrats/communists" infringing on people's rights when at the moment it's a different set of people actively telling others what they can or can't do.
No it wasn't a debutante ball in the least.

Our civil war just happened to occur when the weapons of war were far less sophisticated than they have been in the past 80-100 years.
People still died of starvation, disease and exposure which was the majority of casualties, rather than a pumpkin ball or grape shot to the head or chest.

The actions of neighbors acting to eliminate the insurgents next door is closer than you can possibly imagine. You know all those yard signs that people put out? Those are markers.......markers that people take note of for future reference.

You can try and talk yourself out of participation in the big picture, but the show WILL go on, whether you attend/participate or not.

Back
Top Bottom