Domino's delivery driver shoots robbers.

I delivered for Domino's full time while I was going to college in Southbridge, MA. There are some VERY seedy places in Southbridge and sometimes I wished I was carrying back then. They say you don't carry that much cash on you, but if it's really busy you can easily have a huge wad in your pocket.

Unfortunately he will get fired as there is a very strict no weapons policy, but I'm sure he doesn't care. I know I wouldn't. There are always people looking for workers at places like that.

You know it's funny. This is bad to say, but you could always tell when the welfare or social security checks arrived because sales went through the roof on those days.

Obviously the driver decided that staying alive was more important than working at Domino's. Good for him, bad for Domino's having a stupid no weapons policy. They'd much rather screw this guy's family out of worker's comp if he was murdered than have defend against the inevitable law suit. Fortunately, he made the decision on his own.

Besides, their pizza stinks.

Gary

Since I do order from Domino's on occasion, I just send a comment to them through their website telling them that I support their driver's actions, and that I will not order again from them should they terminate his employment.

I suggest that if anyone else reading this thread does patronize Domino's that they do the same.

Good for him, bad for Domino's having a stupid no weapons policy.

It is not stupid, but a result of the priorities they have chosen. Their chances of being successfully sued if they permitted defensive weapons go way through the roof. There are loads of precedents holding employers financially liable for the actions on on-duty employees but, as of yet, no precedents (that I have been able to find at least) of an employee or business patron suing for being injured as the result of a no gun policy.

The bottom line is that it is cheaper to replace a minimum wage driver than to pay a robber who retains contingency fee counsel. Kind of reminiscent of the time when Ford balanced the cost of fixing the fire problem with the Pinto to the cost of paying off on the anticipated suits.

good job Pizza boy... good job.

that'll learn em....[rofl][rofl][rofl]

I bet the other dirt bag that ran off is reivaluating his prioritys in life.
then again....... nah they are too stupid to see the light of day. He will try it again I am sure. Hopefully someone is ready to pop his ass if he decides to....[rofl][rofl]

Keep in mind that Domino's is a franchise operation, so Domino's HQ may not have quite as much say in whether he gets fired.

However, if the franchisee wants to keep his franchise, he'll almost certainly have to knuckle under and can the patriot.

Domino's HQ may not have quite as much say in whether he gets fired.

However, if the franchisee wants to keep his franchise, he'll almost certainly have to knuckle under and can the patriot.
Those two statements are in direct contradiction, and "losing the franchise" generally means walking away from a HUGE investment and one's job.

There's a pizza joint in lower Roxbury, that has a list of do not deliver to addresses, posted on the wall for the employes to look at to refuse deliver too because of armed, unarmed thefts and attemped thefts.. The list is actually a 10 foot by 3 foot long billboard that's hanging on the back wall. It looks like there is at least 500 addresses.

The owner said that he's considering closing up because it's so bad. The last time I was there you could see the bullet holes in the steel security curtain that rolls down at night. There was blood still on the sidewalk from a shooting in front of the store from the night before. Two people were shot and killed in front of it right after it closed.

There's a pizza joint in lower Roxbury, that has a list of do not deliver to addresses,
He had better hope there is no de-facto correlation between address and race or the MCAD might want to have a chat with him, at his expense.

domino's pizza

Kudos to this guy standing up to these thugs. Now watch the NAA CP come into this. Dominos should mail order there "crappy" pizzas. The taste would be the same a few days old as just cooked.

Back
Top Bottom