• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DOJ, Second Amendment Foundation Reach Settlement In Defense Distributed Lawsuit

Okay, I have the Liberator v1.1 and a bunch of others downloaded. I have never used a 3D printer before (and I'm not sure where I could access one right now), but I gotta laugh here.... looks like 3 different types of files STL, STEP, and SLDPRT whatever they are. Each has 15 to 17 different files needed to print out the parts to the gun. The anti's actually think a typical street thug who can't legally get a manufactured gun, is going to make sense out of this, successfully print them all and assemble it? LOL. Silly Gladys Kravitz's.

C:\Downloads\Liberator_v1.1\STL>dir
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 6E7E-8EAC

Directory of C:\Downloads\Liberator_v1.1\STL

07/31/2018 05:56 PM <DIR> .
07/31/2018 05:56 PM <DIR> ..
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 334,184 380_barrel_(threaded).STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 684 bottom_cover.STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 115,484 firing_pin_bushing.STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 421,584 frame_(no_sn).STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 7,084 frame_pins_(x3).STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 179,584 GripRemodeled.STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 7,084 grip_pin.STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 95,884 hammer.STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 179,584 hammer_body.STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 7,084 hammer_pin.STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 76,684 Spring.STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 7,084 spring_connecting_rod.STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 16,084 spring_connecting_rod_bushing.STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 64,784 trigger.STL
07/31/2018 05:56 PM 83,684 trigger_spring.STL
15 File(s) 1,596,560 bytes
2 Dir(s) 820,832,141,312 bytes free

Federal judge blocks release of 3D-printed gun plans for the time being

A federal judge told NY AG to go screw, then one in Seattle says to DD to stop....how do they decide which federal judge to follow?

Either way, I’m sure people are doing exactly what they were going to do regardless of the outcome.

A federal judge told NY AG to go screw, then one in Seattle says to DD to stop....how do they decide which federal judge to follow?

Either way, I’m sure people are doing exactly what they were going to do regardless of the outcome.

If anything, two conflicting opinions from two different jurisdictions makes it more likely and increases the odds that the
only way this will be settled is by going to the SCOTUS.

Given the current make up, I'm uncertain if that's a good thing or not.

My question is, why are people not re-hosting these files all over the place? Is there some sort of patent, trademark, or copyright on these things? I think they should resurrect Limewire and use that. (kidding)

My question is, why are people not re-hosting these files all over the place? Is there some sort of patent, trademark, or copyright on these things? I think they should resurrect Limewire and use that. (kidding)
Most of the people who were up for re-hosting the original Liberator files already did... back in 2013.

I'm leaning more that way, but even though it would be argued as a 1'st amendment case, I wouldn't put it past the 4 gun grabbing justices
to pull a fast one and rule in the interest of public safety.

Then again, they could rule in favor of DD and leave it up to Congress to fix.

Well there's option 3, which is that if the standing decision favors 1A, etc, they can just deny it cert and the cases go
nowhere. (depending on how the federal merry go round works itself out) Which I wouldn't be surprised if they dodge the entire thing that way (or try to). Supremes often try to weasel their way around dealing with a terrible case. (which this is, what grounds is the .gov claiming?) "ZOMG GUN BLUEPRINTS" isn't a viable
attack in terms of restricting speech. So far the healey etc tantrums are like "we suing gov because they did nothing" good luck with that.

Seems more like posturing and grandstanding than something that is actually going to go anywhere.

-Mike

I guess the deal is off....

U.S. judge blocks release of gun blueprints for 3-D printing

WASHINGTON, July 31 (Reuters) - A U.S. judge on Tuesday blocked the imminent release of blueprints for 3-D printed guns, hours before they were set to hit the internet, after several states sued to halt publication of designs to make weapons that security screening may not detect.

U.S. District Judge Robert Lasnik in Seattle, Washington, said the blueprints' publication could cause irreparable harm to U.S. citizens. The decision blocked a settlement President Donald Trump's administration had reached with the Texas-based company, which planned to put files online on Wednesday.

Earlier on Tuesday, Trump raised concerns about the sale of plastic guns made with 3-D printers.

I guess the deal is off....

WASHINGTON, July 31 (Reuters) - A U.S. judge on Tuesday blocked the imminent release of blueprints for 3-D printed guns, hours before they were set to hit the internet, after several states sued to halt publication of designs to make weapons that security screening may not detect.

U.S. District Judge Robert Lasnik in Seattle, Washington, said the blueprints' publication could cause irreparable harm to U.S. citizens. The decision blocked a settlement President Donald Trump's administration had reached with the Texas-based company, which planned to put files online on Wednesday.

Earlier on Tuesday, Trump raised concerns about the sale of plastic guns made with 3-D printers.

If you missed the boat and cannot get them from DD due to a ban or server load: here is your lucky chance at downloading all the files available on the site. Someone uploaded the files here:

DefDist.zip

Next up: The DoJ goes back to Miller to say it's only "inherently military" arms that are protected by the 2nd Amendment.

It's always been my understanding that the military will use any and all resources as a weapon, if it comes down to it. Including, according to a Segal movie I once saw, a playing card.

That makes all guns ever manufactured, military.

It's always been my understanding that the military will use any and all resources as a weapon, if it comes down to it. Including, according to a Segal movie I once saw, a playing card.

The military has a handbook on how to make weapons and bombs by hand with hardly any tools...

If you missed the boat and cannot get them from DD due to a ban or server load: here is your lucky chance at downloading all the files available on the site. Someone uploaded the files here:

DefDist.zip

That link downloads a 14k file with javascript. It's probably just fine, but the embedded "actual" zip file is 319mb and can be found here: https://s3.nofilecdn.io/g/lsAwAxJ45...gMHqsMP7cYoAj2aisI1CqnwAxQbUKwu70/DefDist.zip

https : // s3 . nofilecdn . io /g/lsAwAxJ45gx83Uwtgv8bGDSov6NNTTVgMHqsMP7cYoAj2aisI1CqnwAxQbUKwu70/DefDist.zip

Lol I really wish Trump would actually talk to someone that knows something instead of opening his mouth about shit he has no clue about, the antis are acting like this is some "new" thing when in reality building guns for individual use has been legal pretty much forever. This isn't some "new" thing.

-Mike

Don't you all realize that criminals and terrorists can now make a gun with the push of a button. Oh wait a second, OMFG, don't you all realize that its already legal for any US citizen to make their own gun any way they want to? Someone tell MAURA!! AAAAAHHH! I hope she can tweet about this before this existential threat to our state snowballs out of control.

AG-Letter-1.png

AG-Letter-2.png

AG-Letter-3.png
AG-Letter-4.png

There's the hanging list,^^^^^^ pick out a limb or build the gallows. As I remember, the Boston Common has many large trees with srong, perfect height, horizontal limbs for a public hoisting. Plenty of room for spectators too!

The "hard copy" thing is funny.... It would probably take days to type those into a computer to make it electronic again.

Anyway, I was wondering if I could print up 1 page of text explaining how to take a pipe, end cap, nail, piece of wood and some pipe clamps and turn that into a gun. Then pass that out in NJ. Would that be illegal too?

(Don't worry... I won't do this because no way am I setting foot in that shit hole).

No need to type. Just print the pages from the Army's Improvised Munitions Handbook. They have a section on making pistols using standard hardware store items.
The military has a handbook on how to make weapons and bombs by hand with hardly any tools...

TM 31-210 Improvised Munition Handbook

Cool. Now, your mission, if you choose to accept it: Travel back in time. Pretend to be Miller after his death, and argue this point in the lower court after the Supreme Court remands the case for consideration of whether the short-barrel shotgun is an "inherently military" weapon.

We're counting on you.

Cool. Now, your mission, if you choose to accept it: Travel back in time. Pretend to be Miller after his death, and argue this point in the lower court after the Supreme Court remands the case for consideration of whether the short-barrel shotgun is an "inherently military" weapon.

We're counting on you.

I'm trying, but it's going to take some time.

Don't you all realize that criminals and terrorists can now make a gun with the push of a button. Oh wait a second, OMFG, don't you all realize that its already legal for any US citizen to make their own gun any way they want to? Someone tell MAURA!! AAAAAHHH! I hope she can tweet about this before this existential threat to our state snowballs out of control.

I KNOW, right!?!

I wanted to yell at the radio this am when I heard Maura's bullshit on WBZ.

What's the difference other than time if I print a single shot gun or a lower vs. learning metalworking and making one out of a shovel?

Seriously?!?!?

And, there's the irony of Maura lecturing us plebs on morality. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Back
Top Bottom