Does anyone know the gun atmosphere in Ashland?

I might be looking at an apartment in Ashland soon, looks to be a nice place from the pictures. I can't find anything on here or packing.org about weather this is a green, red, or black town. I already have my LTC but my g/f has not applied yet, although she has taken the class. She SHOULD be able to get one in Taunton without a problem, her father is also very well socially connected (and a gun enthusiast) so that always helps.

I'm just wondering what will happen once I move there. A chief can't downgrade your license one you notify him that you are licensed and moving into his jurisdiction, can he?

Anyway, any info appreciated as usual!

The chief can't downgrade your LTC until you renew in his town. Make sure you file all the right paperwork where you are moving to, moving from, and to the state. Send it certified mail and keep copies.

Is Melnik (did I get that right?) gone yet? I heard nothing but bad things about dealing with him. Previous chiefs Tom Kinda and Bob Gunfride(sp) were great (but then I went hunting with one and the other was a coach, so maybe that makes a difference)

Chief Melnik has resigned and the current chief is Scott Romer. There has been no applicant visible change in the process - I have obtained LTC-A/alp under the Kinder, Melnick and Romer regimes without any hassle.

Hey thanks for the input, it looks like I'm good to go. A green card would be nice but not necessary! =) I already have my LTC, I was just concerned about my g/f because she wasnt't to apply for hers.

Just an FYI..

Be careful when you buy in Ashland. During the boom development in the late 70's and early 80's when Fafard was running rampant with shoddy work, a lot of people found themselves with really substandard homes.

Be sure to get a good inspector who knows the local real estate.

Yes that is a mortgage, but I need to be up there now, it's an hour and a half commute to my job from where I am right now, EACH WAY. I need a garage, also, which really narrows it down. I'm keeping my eyes open. There have been a few other options for a hundred or two less but they were considerably smaller, no central ac, and a much much smaller garage. I would LOVE to spend about 1000-1200 or less but I just haven't been seeing what I need in that price range. I've looked a buying but I can't right now, there are other expenses aside from the mortgage like taxes, insurance, and repairs that I just can't commit to just yet. I really only plan to be there for about a year before I buy something. We'll see.....

So if you see anything with a garage and two bedrooms I'm all ears! =)

You're also North of 90, and not right on the Commuter Rail. Ashland is just an hour T ride from Boston. Rent around Northeastern this time last year was $1100/mo for a studio....I think $1500 is pretty standard (not REASONABLE!) for a whole townhouse.

Yea unfortunately standard but not reasonable, you nailed it!

It's good there. Myself and my wife both have our LTCs through Ashland. Gun friendly town as a general rule. PM me if you move into to town! Always looking for a shooting buddy! There's also a crappy (but close and cheap) indoor range in town that I belong to.

Back
Top Bottom