• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you think it AR's will be banned in the next couple of weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may not be successful in passing a ban, but prices may soar in anticipation of one. That's why I convinced my wife to buy another AR this past weekend. Along with it a sweet sweet Eotech. [smile]

Yup. Every upper from BCM is sold out, I planned on buying one this week for Christmas ! Even DPMS are all gone. The panic has well just begun.

Sent from my POS iPhone

I hate to say I but some type of law/ban WILL be passed next year. Anyone who thinks this storm will pass and laws will remain the same is fooling themselves. There is too much outrage over the senseless killing of these innnocent children by a crazy individual to jusy say, "oh well" and let gun laws stay as they are. My guess is a ban on 30+ round mags... and end to individuals selling guns at gun shows without FFL background check at the very least. AR bans will be tougher as what is an AR? Is a M1 carbine and AR too?
All I see is that dark days are comming and no one knows what happen! My guess is tha what ever will happen will be in the first month or two in 2013. Guess after Obama is sworn in for the 2nd time..

I agree, The gut feeling on this is not a good one. My local Gun Shop was cleaned out over the weekend. AR's all gone, I had to make a couple of purchases that set me back but I didnt want to lose out on the opportunity to own these guns. Just an all around suckfest coming

Yes there will, it has already started, the government has forced all inventory off the shelves and into the hands of the people.

[laugh2]Yep, funny how that works that way. I just feel bad for those here, and elsewhere that really wanted an AR/AK, but put it off because of lack of funds, or just thinking they'll get to it after the holidays. Now, if you can even find one at all you will be paying twice as much as you would have just a week, or 2 ago.

I don't know what to expect at the federal level, but I wouldn't be surprised if MA laws got tighter. The relationship between the President and the MA governor is strong, and there are probably enough votes at the state level to push something. All that aside, it won't happen too quickly at either level. Mid year next year? Maybe.

As a hedge against inflation due to supply/demand issues, I've been stocking up on ammo for the last year. Every time I drive past a Wal*Mart or gun shop, I stop in for a box (or five), whether I need it or not.

I think the focus here is at the fed level.

The MAss reaction will be much worse.

My predictions:

Ban AR's and more
No high cap mags
No FTF transfers
One gun a month

The biggest problem is they are going to pass laws that have absolutely nothing to do with what happened in CT, Clackamas or Aurora or anything that would have prevented these shootings.

They will try and get something passed to appease the masses, what the law/regulation will be is something we will all have to wait and see.

Whether a AR ban passes or not remains to be seen, but the speculation alone has had a profound effect on availability already. By friday night 80% receivers were nowhere to be found. I've got 2 on back order with 2 different suppliers, hopefully, I'll end up with all 4 but I don't think I'll see them anytime soon. I tried to find some lower parts kits, no luck there either. Brownells was showing them in stock when I ordered them, but was sold out by the time they processed my order, so those are on BO as well.

IIRC, Heller prohibits the banning of firearms "in common use." AR pattern rifles are certainly in common use. IANAL, nor do I play one on the internet, but logic would dictate a ban on ARs would require overturning Heller.

- Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom