Do you think it AR's will be banned in the next couple of weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what everyone thinks?
Do you think the President will ban AR's and how much time do you think we have to buy an AR before they are banned?

thanks
V

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail!!!! But there is always the "Executive Order" !!!

I expect restrictions on magazine capacity, storage requirements, and an attempt to make ownership cost-prohibitive.

I was going to pick up an AR for the wife for xmas (prior to this most recent tragedy), but they're all sold now. It can wait for the panic to subside.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

My crystal ball ain't so crystal clear, but the way I see it, and I've said this before, I think standard-capacity AR-magazines, e.g. 30 rounders, in the hands of civilians, are a likely victim here.

They can re-ban whatever the F they want. If anything happens, personally, I'm going to write my own laws and forget every CT statute and federal statute regarding anything firearm related and do what I want. I'm so sick and tired of this shit.

They can re-ban whatever the F they want. If anything happens, personally, I'm going to write my own laws and forget every CT statute and federal statute regarding anything firearm related and do what I want. I'm so sick and tired of this shit.

Atta-boy!

Hmmm, according to Devoid, you can't buy 223 rifles in MA, don't tell him he is utterly clueless...

Making lemonade, I love it.

You have until the Tueday after Memorial Day UNLESS the Patriots win the Superbowl. If that happens, it's the Friday of the week following MLK Day. Of course, all bets are off if Washington, DC gets more than 3 inches of snow in January. Come on guys, most of this is obvious...

After the China incident I believe they are going to proceed with an "Assault Ban"

The "Assault Ban" includes the following....

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/IBjrQR_1ef8[/video]

Last edited:
no, if anything happens, it will take more then a couple weeks

But a lot of poeple aren't waiting:

Sandy Hook Shooting Sparks Gun Sales Surge

The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. has sparked a surge in gun sales, according to independent arms dealers across the nation.

Robert Caselnova, who owns a Connecticut gun shop located less than 10 minutes from the school, said firearms flew off his shelves over the weekend, with multiple requests for AR-15 style rifles, a weapon Adam Lanza used in the Newtown massacre. Caselnova said he knew the Lanzas and that the mother and son had visited his store in the past, separately, but never made any purchases.

After high-profile shootings, debate over gun control can cause consumer demand for guns to rise, government records have shown. Industry experts say fears that stricter laws will follow such incidents push people to stock up on firearms before regulators can clamp down. But last weekend’s spike in business was unprecedented, gun shop owners in California, Connecticut and North Carolina told HuffPost.

Larry Hyatt, owner of North Carolina-based Hyatt Gun Shop, which claims to be America’s largest independently owned gun store, said he had a line out the door on Saturday, forcing him to call in extra salespeople.

Full Story >>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/sandy-hook-shooting-gun-sales_n_2317522.html

“The two busiest days I’ve witnessed during my four years in the business,” Marquardt said, “was the day after Obama was elected, and ahead of that, last Saturday.”

In Arizona, one-day gun sales jumped 60 percent after a gunman killed six people in a Tuscon parking lot and wounded others, including then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Similarly, in Colorado, after 12 people were killed inside a suburban movie theater in July, background checks for gun purchases reportedly spiked 41 percent. In the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy, these checks have spiked again, reaching a record-high for the year.

The AR-15 style rifle, a weapon of choice in both the Colorado shooting and last Friday’s shooting in Connecticut, accounted for more than 25 percent of ArmsX’s recent sales

I'm in this camp. Come and get them and try to stop me from machining more myself.

They may not be successful in passing a ban, but prices may soar in anticipation of one. That's why I convinced my wife to buy another AR this past weekend. Along with it a sweet sweet Eotech. [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom