Do we need welfare reform?

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
This link is from Bruce at www.massbackwards.blogspot.com

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...evacuee_gives_birth_to_a_son_and_a_new_dream/

White worked briefly as a nursing assistant while in her 20s, but soon went on welfare. She says she receives Supplemental Security Income benefits because she is disabled by depression and also gets help from Bannister, 53, a disabled longshoreman.

Disabled by depression? f*** half the military would be on welfare if it was that easy. She is now 37 and has been on welfare since her 20's. Oh and by the way she has 12 kids.

I don't know about you, but I can barely afford my two kids. I can't even fathom paying to feed and dress 12 kids. How big does that house need to be?

After reading the article she doesnt seem overly concerned with her still missing children.

Do you get more $$$ from the .gov for each child you have?

derek said:
After reading the article she doesnt seem overly concerned with her still missing children.

She'll just pop out more.

Reminds me of the joke about the woman that named all her kids (all boys) Rastus.

She said if she wanted them to come, she just hollered "Rastus, get yur ass over heah".

When asked how she gets just one to come, she said "That's simple, I use his last name, too".

derek said:

Yes, that is precisely how the welfare system works. Someone with 12 kids on welfare probably gets $4-6K/month or more!

LenS said:
derek said:

Yes, that is precisely how the welfare system works. Someone with 12 kids on welfare probably gets $4-6K/month or more!

Like I said... She just wanted a pay raise!

Adam

There has to be a payout matrix somewhere for welfare. I can't find one. Can anyone else locate it?

derek said:
Lynne said:
derek said:
There has to be a payout matrix somewhere for welfare. I can't find one. Can anyone else locate it?

You were being sarcastic, right??

If not, there isn't one D.

How do they decide how much a person receives?

Oh...I read it too fast - yes, they do have a $ amount they use per child. I thought you meant is there a limit on how much they can get. The answer to that one is no. They won't refuse to pay when someone keeps popping out kiddos. Thank you democrats. As far as where to look for it, I seriously doubt it's on their web site.

Lynne said:
I thought you meant is there a limit on how much they can get. The answer to that one is no. They won't refuse to pay when someone keeps popping out kiddos. Thank you democrats. As far as where to look for it, I seriously doubt it's on their web site.

VT used to have no limit. I understand there's one now. And we have "workfare" as well.

You'll be shocked when you hear WHO engineered it. Howard Dean. Just about the only GOOD thing he did. Welfare reform.

LenS said:
derek said:

Don't forget to figure in more per child from SSI if you can get them classified as disabled for A.D.D.

God, all I had to do is say I am depressed and I get SSI?

Damn, I went the wrong route. When I had to submit my list of ailments to get considered for it, here is a good list...

Osteoarthritis - ankles, knee's,hips, lower back, shoulders, elbows, wrists and fingers.
Chronic lower back pain
Severe problems in the right hip (fused, malformed arthritis etc).
Insomnia
Tendinits and bursitis in ankle
Impingment syndrome
Carpal Tunnel syndrome in both wrists
depression
elbow problems (cant extend rt arm fully).

I guess cause I was white I needed more things wrong with me. Only thing that got me onto SSD was that I had doctors firmly beleiving I am in the early stages of rheamatoid (sp) arthritis.

Funny thing is I was still working after here was a typical day.

-get up and hobble to work
-work 8-12 hrs on my feet
-come home, unwind for 2 hrs and literally crawl/drag my body up the stairs to bed to repeat. When a friend saw me do this on a regular basis he pretty much dragged my ass down to Soc. Sec to file for disability.

Skald said:

Damn, I went the wrong route. When I had to submit my list of ailments to get considered for it, here is a good list...

I tried in March. I'm out of work due to hand problems and have C.A.D. to boot. They denied me - twice. They said I can lift up to 20 lbs. and can stand on my feet all day long. Um...no, I can't. I have neuropathy in both feet (from the diabetes) and can't use my hands like that.

For all those years I paid in to the system and I coudln't even get food money. [roll]

His name is Cape Cod Bannister, or "C.C." for short.

I apologize for going off on a bit of a tangent here, but the wife and I were looking at a custom woodworking catalog last night, trying to decide on a new stair railing for the front stairs. I think we're going with the Cape Cod banister.

i cant read too much about this stuff, i just get too mad. the woman who lives next to me here is in HUD, and is moveing to a nicer house, because her knees hurt to walk upstairs. Shes like 320-340. My knees hurt just looking at her.

This woman confirms every prejudice of the welfare system:

White and her partner, James Bannister, who is the father of six of her children, clung to the roof of their flooded house for three days before help came.

Lived all her life on welfare. Was incapable of self-preserving evacuation prior to a predicted disaster. Had to be saved by the government. Again.

(I know she was eight months pregnant at the time, which would have made fleeing the city difficult. That doesn't change the fact that she didn't /couldn't save herself. And, considering her history, some of the blame for that must fall on her ingrained dependancy on others.)

Lynne said:
Skald said:

I tried in March. I'm out of work due to hand problems and have C.A.D. to boot. They denied me - twice. They said I can lift up to 20 lbs. and can stand on my feet all day long. Um...no, I can't. I have neuropathy in both feet (from the diabetes) and can't use my hands like that.

For all those years I paid in to the system and I coudln't even get food money. [roll]

I have a friend who's going to court next month (after a YEAR of waiting after being denied disability, after waiting 9 months to hear back from his initial application!) to challenge their ruling that he's not disabled. Not only can't he walk very far, he can't even stand... or for that matter, lie down without being in pain. (neck surgery went bad - fat got into the spinal fluid).

It's really disgusting hearing what he has to go through. I know this guy; he'd rather work than be a burden, but he can't. But the SSI folks don't seem to believe him. Maybe it's because he's white.

The whole system is really quite simple to understand:

Liberals are crack dealers, selling welfare in return for votes.
Welfare recipients are largely nothing more than crack whores, giving up votes for more welfare.
We're the innocent buystanders who get robbed and have our communities turned into cess pools by the whole thing.

There's absolutely no justification for welfare in any shape or form. Before the government got involved and screwed everything up (as usual), Americans helped those who truly needed it much more efficiently and generously, while giving those who truly needed it a kick in the ass. And since it was all within the community, there was never a serious problem telling the difference between the two groups.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom