• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Disarm Hate Act Introduced: Would Permanently Revoke 2A Rights for Misdemeanor Hate Crimes

Reptile

NES Member
Two Democratic legislators introduced the “Disarm Hate Act” this week, which calls for the permanent revocation of 2A rights for any misdemeanor offense deemed to be a hate crime.

The bill was brought to both chambers, via Rep. David Cicilline (D-RI) in the House and Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA) in the Senate.

Sponsors believe the bill closes the “Hate Crimes Loophole” by banning the sale and possession of firearms for anyone convicted of committing a crime on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.

“Over and over again we have seen what happens when a convicted white supremacist, white nationalist, or neo-Nazi is able to purchase a gun,” said Cicilline, who serves as Vice Chair of the House Gun Violence Prevention Task Force, in a statement obtained by GunsAmerica.

“This bill closes the Hate Crimes Loophole and makes it much harder for someone to give voice to their hatred in a volley of gunfire. It’s just common sense. If you’ve been convicted of a hate crime, you don’t get to buy a gun. Full stop,” he added.

John Feinblatt, the president of Bloomberg-funded Everytown for Gun Safety, cheered the measure.

Disarm Hate Act Introduced: Would Permanently Revoke 2A Rights for Misdemeanor Hate Crimes - GunsAmerica Digest

Can only imagine how low the bar is to qualify as a misdemeanor hate crime. Black guy stubs his toe in front of my house guess I'm f***ed right?
Or "mis-gendering" someone by accident because if you look like a man and sound like a man, I'm going to call you sir, not ma'am. Just look at how nutty the european countries have gone with "hate crimes" such as liking a post on twitter or facebook saying the migrants are causing crime to rise in a small town, even if it's true. But there are so many NGOs/non-profits/activists just trolling the internet for something that offends their snowflake feelings so they can file all these police reports and shut down anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Alan Gottlieb, the founder of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, raised an interesting point about the difficulty of defining a misdemeanor hate crime and the potential for anti-gunners to use this legislation to target law-abiding gun owners.

“The devil is in the details,” Gottlieb told GunsAmerica in an email. “Who defines what a misdemeanor hate crime is? Is protesting and calling an anti-gun politician an ugly name a hate crime?”

#VaguenessArgument #VoidforVagueness

Two Democratic legislators introduced the “Disarm Hate Act” this week, which calls for the permanent revocation of 2A rights for any misdemeanor offense deemed to be a hate crime.

The bill was brought to both chambers, via Rep. David Cicilline (D-RI) in the House and Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA) in the Senate.

Sponsors believe the bill closes the “Hate Crimes Loophole” by banning the sale and possession of firearms for anyone convicted of committing a crime on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.

“Over and over again we have seen what happens when a convicted white supremacist, white nationalist, or neo-Nazi is able to purchase a gun,” said Cicilline, who serves as Vice Chair of the House Gun Violence Prevention Task Force, in a statement obtained by GunsAmerica.

“This bill closes the Hate Crimes Loophole and makes it much harder for someone to give voice to their hatred in a volley of gunfire. It’s just common sense. If you’ve been convicted of a hate crime, you don’t get to buy a gun. Full stop,” he added.

John Feinblatt, the president of Bloomberg-funded Everytown for Gun Safety, cheered the measure.

Disarm Hate Act Introduced: Would Permanently Revoke 2A Rights for Misdemeanor Hate Crimes - GunsAmerica Digest
What if the perp was a member of a radical black militia group like the Black Panthers, who hate whites and Asians? Would this law apply to them as well, or does it include a double-standard?

David Howard will be declared a prohibited person for using a word (niggardly) that sounds like a completely different offensive word.

This reminds me a lot of Chaplinsky and other "Fighting Words" cases. As of now, saying a racially insensitive word has no legal ramifications by itself. Our 1A jurisprudence at the Federal level hasn't been kind to anti-"hate speech" legislation, like RAV, Black, and Tam.

I was at a sensitivity training, and they posted a picture of someone who had a sign outside their door that said it's okay to be white, and they said that was hate speech. I lol'd out loud.
I was at company-mandated sexual harassment/sensitivity training as well. The actor in the film was a white guy who was making unwanted advances on black and Hispanic woman. Honestly, if I didn't know that Freddy Mercury was deceased, I would have sworn it was him. They looked that much alike!

Who here plans on owning and carrying guns even if our Right to do so, is negated or removed by capricious Laws and Law-Makers...?

Wave your Hands!

[wave]

Now, wave your ARMS...!

[mg]

...and shake it like you just don't care!

[dance]

Who here plans on owning and carrying guns even if our Right to do so, is negated or removed by capricious Laws and Law-Makers...?

Wave your Hands!

[wave]

Now, wave your ARMS...!

[mg]

[dance]
If they're going to make you/treat you as a criminal than be a criminal, as Mobb Deep once said,
'cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

At this point what do I care, being an old, white, straight male has seemingly made all of the worlds ills my fault.

Then again I'm probably in the minority here. The choices I've made find me with no wife/kids/mortgage/real career to speak of so I haven't much to actually lose. Hell, come to think of it I'd probably be better off locked up with the lot of you paying for everything. [rofl2]

Wave your Hands!

[wave]

Now, wave your ARMS...!

[mg]

[dance]
The only difference for me would be my choice of "undocumented" firearms dealers. I know several. They belong to a very-well-known MC. Three are full-patch. Two are prospects.

I’m honestly starting to wonder if the sudden loud and proud Maoism taking over the left is the result of Chinese influence in academia and political lobbying. Seems like since 2012-13 it’s been getting exponentially worse.

All this censorship, othering, curating, deplatforming, shaming circles, etc is all straight out of the Little Red Book.

Back
Top Bottom