• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dicks no longer selling 'assault rifles'

F' them. I was talking with a kid working the gun section at one the other week. He was saying they aren't allowed to carry AR's at that store and that they might be looking to get rid of guns altogether. I asked him why the hell they would do that when gun sales are booming. I didn't know he was talking about the sentiment of the entire shitty chain.

might as well re-name it Dicks Sporting clothes and fishing poles

I really am getting tired of the ignorance out there. I posted this on FB earlier...

Way to go Dicks. Proves that you think the inanimate object is the problem. Perhaps car dealerships should pull certain cars off the lot out of respect for all the motor vehicle accident victims each year. Maybe liquor stores should stop selling beer for all the drunk driving victims. Home Depot...bathtubs... should I go on?

Just got this response from a close friend of ours.

The biggest difference is that all those things can be used for something else, other than killing people. While I do support our right to bear arms and protect ourselves, there really is no reason for the overkill abilities of an assault weapon in the civilian world. By all means, have a gun in your house if you have some training and a license. But automatic and even semi automatic guns are best served as a defense at war. I know you could make the argument that we are all at war - I get that on some level. I still disagree that anyone outside the armed forces needs one. This comparison of cars, alcohol, etc. to automatic weapons in a home with kids is getting to be a bit much. They serve other purposes. Legal, and typically safe purposes. What else would you do with one of those guns? Maybe I am missing something here...

I'm so tired of trying to use logic with these types (and in this case she is a close friend of ours so it's not worth the battle) that I simply responded that we'll just agree to disagree. God my head hurts. [frown]

I work for dicks, running the lodge. I see what's going on and do not agree with it one bit. I don't want my name associated with this company any longer. I took the job because I was desperate, but my pride means more to me than what dicks offered. Ill be putting in my two weeks on Thursday. Anyone hiring??

Last edited:
My email to dicks

Due to your apparent lack of common sense regarding the second amendment and your decision to restrict our uninfringeable rights, It's my duty to inform you that I will never spend another dime in your stores.

Every time there's a negative thread about Dick's I always try and convince you people not to badmouth them. Primarily because they at least have the balls to sell guns in the first place which in my eyes put them ahead of the other chain stores.
However, this publicity grabbing move is enough to get me to swear them off for good. Anything they sell I can get elsewhere. Guns, ammo, tree stands, golf clothes, sneakers etc.
Buh bye dicks at Dick's!

Troy was manufacturing AR's for them - sucks for them.

If this keeps going the way it seems, a lot of people in the gun industry will lose their jobs

Not really, Troy and Stag will just sell to the distributors who sell to gun shops. More guns for us at the shops.

Troy Industries is getting hosed in this I bet. The new Troy AR has only been at Dicks as far as I know. Wonder if they are voiding their contract with them. Gladly buy a Troy AR now to make up for Icks not buying them anymore.

Place was a joke as far as guns went anyways.

DICKS SUCKS ANYWAYS!!.. crappy ammo prices.. Customer service is like home depot "NOT MY DEPARTMENT".. Last time I was there, 2 years ago when the A$$hole behind the counter told this guy that +p ammo meant that the bullet was "Positively" charged with static and helps the flight of the bullet.. The wife got mad at me when I told the guy that he should get a job cleaning the windows on a kindergarden bus with a Summers Eve Wand instead of trying to selling fire arms and schooling people on Ammo..[banghead] idiots

Dick's now won't honor paid orders for rifles -

FLOWER MOUND (CBS 11 NEWS) - It was a deal Russell Kellner of Flower Mound says was too good to pass up. “It was a heck of a deal.” Last month, on Black Friday, he says he and his wife bought three Troy Defense Carbine Semi-Automatic Rifles from Dick’s Sporting Goods. Kellner says the store advertised them for $799 each, a $300 dollar discount. They got two of them, then received this letter from Dick’s on Christmas Eve, telling customers, it’s not fulfilling any more orders. Kellner says, “It ain’t a good deal when you don’t get it. So I’m not happy at all about it.” Dick’s is telling customers it will give them a full refund. It also sent Kellner a $100 gift card for the inconvenience. A week before Christmas, Dick’s announced it was suspending sales of modern sporting rifles in all stores, out of respect for the victims of the Connecticut massacre. But Kellner says Dick’s shouldn’t have changed policies until after filling orders. “Do what you said. Do what you advertised. Make good on it.”

Link

Back
Top Bottom