Deval appoints new head of State Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually anything Patrick is bad for the citizens of MA. BTW....I am the only one that thinks she looks a bit like Frau from Austin Powers??? BRING IN THE LASER!!!!

Neither. It will have zero effect, since, as Scrivener points out, the State Police don't issue LTCs to residents.

Or anyone else. CHSB took over the NON-resident issuance earlier this year. Remember the flap over NR's having to come into Chelsea now?

Or anyone else. CHSB took over the NON-resident issuance earlier this year. Remember the flap over NR's having to come into Chelsea now?

Speaking of which, Scriv, have you dealt with any nonresident clients yet trying to whack CHSB for restricting them?

It would appear from things I've seen posted here that some people are getting screwed by them- they show up with the pomp and circumstance and so on required for an unrestricted, and then they get issued a license that is restricted. [thinking] It used to be "you played the game you got the unrestricted license" but doesn't seem to be so simple anymore.

-Mike

Is this a good or bad thing?

Without knowing anything about her it is difficult to tell.

However, from what I have observed (albeit from a distance) appointments at that level seem to be very politically driven so I doubt it is much of a good thing for us.

But I would love to be proven wrong on this.

I hope she earned the job on merit. No one is going to accuse her of earning it on looks.

The MSP is am outstanding force but I wonder how much the Superintendent shapes policies?

Speaking of which, Scriv, have you dealt with any nonresident clients yet trying to whack CHSB for restricting them?

It would appear from things I've seen posted here that some people are getting screwed by them- they show up with the pomp and circumstance and so on required for an unrestricted, and then they get issued a license that is restricted. [thinking] It used to be "you played the game you got the unrestricted license" but doesn't seem to be so simple anymore.

-Mike

I would be interested to hear this. My non-res renewal is in May,

Perhaps I misunderstood what I was told at interview for LTC. I will now remove my foot from my mouth.

I hope she got the job on merit as well and not because Deval thought he would "celebrate" diversity by appointing a female over more senior and more qualified non protected class males.

It seems, at least from reading the article, that she's progressed through the ranks over the years and she's certainly put in her time.

Then again, none of that will really effect us directly.

Reminds me of the fifth element...

22463-23787.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom