Deval appoints new head of State Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would our governor not do in the name of 'diversity'?

He's obviously appointed this 'thing' in order to cover the 'hideous lesbian' demographic. I'll eat Tip O'Neill's remains if there aren't 20 more qualified people that deserved this position.

For Christ's sake... When I was 5 and accidentally turned to Channel 2, if I had known at the time that those people would take over and force all of the competent people out, I would've started grooming myself to run for office.

This is bullshit.

Can't say I disagree.

Found her yearbook picture.

hatchet2.jpg

From the looks of the picture in the paper,it appears she either has real short arms or the jacket sleeves are much too long.Maybe she is planning to grow into it?

Let's see. This thread began with a question based upon a wholly false premise, then degenerated into 8 pages of spurious comments treating the appointment as if it were the Miss Massachusetts Pageant.

I therefore nominate this thread as an entrant in the Most Useless Thread of the Year Contest.

Let's see. This thread began with a question based upon a wholly false premise, then degenerated into 8 pages of spurious comments treating the appointment as if it were the Miss Massachusetts Pageant.

I therefore nominate this thread as an entrant in the Most Useless Thread of the Year Contest.

Just hang on a sec. It's gettin' good.

That hurts.

Neither. It will have zero effect, since, as Scrivener points out, the State Police don't issue LTCs to residents.
Yet. There have been proposals, maybe even bills filed, in the past to move licensing to the state level. If such were to come about then who heads the MSP could matter to residents.

Or anyone else. CHSB took over the NON-resident issuance earlier this year. Remember the flap over NR's having to come into Chelsea now?
As I read C140S131F NR licensing is under the authority of the colonel of MSP which can be delegated. As I read it the new colonel could certainly change the delegation to the CHSB or apply new conditions or directives that could affect NR LTC holders here.

Yet. There have been proposals, maybe even bills filed, in the past to move licensing to the state level. If such were to come about then who heads the MSP could matter to residents.

Hardly. Licensing lies with the Firearms Records Bureau, under the Criminal History Sytems Board; NOT the State Police.

As was already stated.

As I read C140S131F NR licensing is under the authority of the colonel of MSP which can be delegated. As I read it the new colonel could certainly change the delegation to the CHSB or apply new conditions or directives that could affect NR LTC holders here.

1. The OP inquired about RESIDENT licenses; and

2. The placement of ALL firearms licensing with CHSB suggests that your speculation is has little likelihood of fruition.

Hardly. Licensing lies with the Firearms Records Bureau, under the Criminal History Sytems Board; NOT the State Police.

As was already stated.
Per C140S130F:
A Class A or Class B temporary license to carry firearms or feeding devices or ammunition therefor, within the commonwealth, may be issued by the colonel of state police, or persons authorized by him, to a nonresident
The FRB/CHSB may certainly be carrying out the mechanics of issuing NR licenses but as I read the above law it is under the authority of the colonel. One could argue whether the new colonel will make any changes in the current arrangements but as I read it she can if she so chooses to.
1. The OP inquired about RESIDENT licenses; and

2. The placement of ALL firearms licensing with CHSB suggests that your speculation is has little likelihood of fruition.
As you well know the CHSB fulfills an administrative role in resident licensing but they are not the licensing authority and do not make the decisions about who does and does not get one or what restrictions one may have. That authority by law rests with the CLEO.

Kerry Healey proposed moving licensing authority to the state level only 3 years ago. As I recall GOAL supported that proposal, at least to some degree. She proposed a new position to administer it, but it just as easily could have been the MSP colonel.

As you well know the CHSB fulfills an administrative role in resident licensing but they are not the licensing authority and do not make the decisions about who does and does not get one or what restrictions one may have. That authority by law rests with the CLEO.

Which is NOT the State Police.

And it is the CHSB which actually processes and generates the application. It will not issue a license to the statutorily prohibited, notwithstanding the delusions of a CLEO about his/her authority to do so.

For that matter, I believe a court, for who knows what reason, ordered the issuance of a license to one who was statutorily barred. CHSB complied with the statute. So much for the untrammeled "authority by law" that "rests with the CLEO."

Or the State Police.

You're not reading enough of the other threads. This one isn't even close.

Which is NOT the State Police.
I never said they were. I was merely observing that they could be at some point in the future and that such a possibility was not terribly far-fetched given past events.
And it is the CHSB which actually processes and generates the application.
Which is an administrative function
It will not issue a license to the statutorily prohibited, notwithstanding the delusions of a CLEO about his/her authority to do so.
So the CHSB claims a veto power beyond what the law says it has, which is to notify the licensing authority of any disqualifying conditions. I'm not surprised, but that does not change the fact that CLEOs are the licensing authority for residents and the colonel of the state police for non-residents.
For that matter, I believe a court, for who knows what reason, ordered the issuance of a license to one who was statutorily barred. CHSB complied with the statute. So much for the untrammeled "authority by law" that "rests with the CLEO."
I presume the CLEO was the one that actually made the original denial, which would make this an irrelevant example. I do not dispute that a court can overrule a CLEO, however surprising such an action is. The fact that the CHSB would then comply in issuing the license is to be expected given their role as defined by the MGLs and in no way impinges on the licensing authority of the CLEO as currently defined.

So the CHSB claims a veto power beyond what the law says it has, which is to notify the licensing authority of any disqualifying conditions. I'm not surprised, but that does not change the fact that CLEOs are the licensing authority for residents and the colonel of the state police for non-residents.

AGAIN, the State Police no longer handle NR licenses and have not for some time. You continue to ignore reality.

I presume the CLEO was the one that actually made the original denial, which would make this an irrelevant example. I do not dispute that a court can overrule a CLEO, however surprising such an action is. The fact that the CHSB would then comply in issuing the license is to be expected given their role as defined by the MGLs and in no way impinges on the licensing authority of the CLEO as currently defined.

Yet again, you fail to grasp the concept. The CHSB refused to issue the license as ordered by the court on the wholly tenable basis of a statutory bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom