Deputy at Florida school 'never went in' during shooting, sheriff says

I feel bad for the guy, he had his 4 minutes of doubt, and it'll haunt him the rest of his life. He likely resigned cause he feels guilty, otherwise he'd have hid behind procedure or something.

Having never been tested in this way myself, I won't be too hard on the guy.

And don't get too excited guys, the media won't take this story as support for arming teachers, it'll be support for banning ARs, cause they scare cops.

No sympathy. Sometimes courage comes from within, and sometimes courage comes from outside pressure. Crucify this guy for being a coward and the next guy(could be one of us) will have more courage to act. It is the positive side of bullying. This guy needs to be publicly shamed for being a pussy forever. I suggest a new insult 'don't be a peterson.'

This.

My point in posting about the police having no duty to defend is to point out that it was never in Peterson’s job description to protect those kids. The courts saw to that.

I believe it would serve the second amendment well if the people in Parkland and the rest of America knew that.
It may be the law but it isn't morally or ethically right. Something about the "duty to disobey a lawful order" comes to mind. And again, what kind of POS stands there, regardless of "Da Rulez" AND LISTENS TO CHILDREN DIE??? Nothing. Else. Matters.

I just watched the sheriff Israel say on a press conference,

That cop had one duty ,to enter the building , find the murderer , kill the murderer.

He said he is heartbroken for the victims and discusted with the cop.

Fla. lawmakers are filing a bill to strip him of his pension.

This is going to get national attention.

I wondered how long it would take for the people of Florida to go after his pension. It's the right thing to do under these awful circumstances

The biggest issue here, as we saw in Pulse in 2016, is when mass shooters are active, the police are standing down when the protocols are clear that you engage.

If police are going to stand down, then there's no excuse to say that concealed carriers would make mass shootings worse because, given the last few shootings, an armed non-LEO in the building would have stopped these shootings faster than police would have.

After the past few years, local and federal law enforcement has lost all credibility and I've lost all faith in them. I'm tired of their failures that lead to unnecessary loss of life, I'm tired of seeing police chiefs with 250k salaries testifying that permitless carry endangers law officers when it's obvious law officers endanger non-LEO's, I'm tired of their legal defense teams being paid by taxpayers... I want all pensions, salaries, and funding for LEO, local and federal, cut in half and have that money diverted to re-opening mental hospitals.

I wondered how long it would take for the people of Florida to go after his pension. It's the right thing to do under these awful circumstances
Not a chance it will succeed. Even if it passes and the governor signs it, it will fail as soon as it hits a court as a bill of attainder.

The biggest issue here, as we saw in Pulse in 2016, is when mass shooters are active, the police are standing down when the protocols are clear that you engage.

If police are going to stand down, then there's no excuse to say that concealed carriers would make mass shootings worse because, given the last few shootings, an armed non-LEO in the building would have stopped these shootings faster than police would have.

After the past few years, local and federal law enforcement has lost all credibility and I've lost all faith in them. I'm tired of their failures that lead to unnecessary loss of life, I'm tired of seeing police chiefs with 250k salaries testifying that permitless carry endangers law officers when it's obvious law officers endanger non-LEO's, I'm tired of their legal defense teams being paid by taxpayers... I want all pensions, salaries, and funding for LEO, local and federal, cut in half and have that money diverted to re-opening mental hospitals.

+1 on this.

This illustrates perfectly the SCOTUS affirmed doctrine that LE has no legal duty or responsibility to protect citizens.

What a paradox: liberals say that they don't allow self help and to await the authorities, but authorities aren't legally obligated to help.

^THIS^

Exactly. The deputy met his contractual obligations.
Let's see how much he gets to keep when he gets sued into the ground by every family that lost a child. I don't care how the laws and contracts are written, if I was one of those parents I would make it my life mission to ensure he never had a single day of peace or rest.

Let's see how much he gets to keep when he gets sued into the ground by every family that lost a child. I don't care how the laws and contracts are written, if I was one of those parents I would make it my life mission to ensure he never had a single day of peace or rest.

Just to be clear I am not defending the deputy's reprehensible conduct in any way and I would do exactly as you have written.

This is the deputy, right? 33 year veteran? Thinks he did a good job by "setting up the perimeter" and radioing in the gunman's location.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/22/deputy-who-didnt-stop-florida-shooting-thinks-he-did-a-good-job/

peterson1.jpg

From your link:
"Peterson’s pension will be 75 percent of the average of his top five earning years while on the job, the union head said."

F@CKING WHAT????? They Better find a way out of that!!!

Edit: Never even mind what this guy didn't do, that's fr!gging nuts in general!! Plus health insurance, I'm sure!

Listened to Glenn Beck show today and the first caller was a 2004 grad of Stoneman Douglas and has lived in Boward country his whole life. Says that Sheriff Israel is good friends with Debbie Wasserman Schultz who also resides in the county and represents the 23rd district. He says the guy is "political".

Listened to Glenn Beck show today and the first caller was a 2004 grad of Stoneman Douglas and has lived in Boward country his whole life. Says that Sheriff Israel is good friends with Debbie Wasserman Schultz who also resides in the county and represents the 23rd district. He says the guy is "political".
There is a picture of him with her, so arkancides all around maybe.

From your link:
"Peterson’s pension will be 75 percent of the average of his top five earning years while on the job, the union head said."

Edit: Never even mind what this guy didn't do, that's fr!gging nuts in general!! Plus health insurance, I'm sure!

If that’s what the contract says...

I’m in favor of yanking his pension if there’s a due process for doing so. I’m not in favor of yanking it because feelz.

I feel bad for the guy, he had his 4 minutes of doubt, and it'll haunt him the rest of his life. He likely resigned cause he feels guilty, otherwise he'd have hid behind procedure or something.

Having never been tested in this way myself, I won't be too hard on the guy.

And don't get too excited guys, the media won't take this story as support for arming teachers, it'll be support for banning ARs, cause they scare cops.

You are probably right but it is a really good argument for allowing teachers to be armed. You can't predicted what A person will do in that situation, but chances are that in a larger group at least some will respond.

One of the advantages to more CC (or armed teachers), is they aren't responding and engaging, they are already involved, they are inside, the shooter is coming to them, the choice to be involved has been made. And with more numbers, some will respond to help others.

That's all I'm saying. If you take a job as a school resource officer you have to come to accept the reality that you may have to engage an emo shooter or multiple shooters. While the chances are slim that you'll ever have to do it, that is literally the most important part of the job and you have to do it. If you cannot you shouldn't take the position.

If my son's school wanted to take former .mil guys to take a week of vacation and take armed guard shifts at the school I'd be willing to burn a week each school year. I'm sure most schools could get enough weekly coverage to ensure there are two armed dudes on site all school year.

Absolutely 100%. My kids are both grown now and I’d still take shifts or stand guard right next to you for yours or anyone else’s.

Every thing out of Israel's mouth is about moving him politically up the ladder....only thing that motivates him is what he will gain out of it.....

From your link:

Pay your taxes serf...

Truth be told if we wanted to stop school shootings it could be done, period, full stop. After 9/11 the hijackings stopped IIRC, but as a society we pay a price for our 'safety'. Screening machines, TSA agents, blah blah. We all hate it but... it works.

Our children are our most important resource. The odds of your child getting caught in a school murder spree killing are infinitesimal, true, but children's psyche's are quite fragile. Like it our not, the media/messaging raging 24/7. This latest school shooting spree is not about the our kids safety, it's a media event/tweet circus everybody and nobody willing to fess up to their blame.

To see this once proud nation reduced to mob of whiners, pizz on the other guy, hurray for my side. & eff yours, makes me want to vomit.

For me our kids are our future...the message from the President on down is my, me, mine.

Pitiful

There is a hell of a backstory to this shooting. I'm not sure what it means, if anything.

Back
Top Bottom