• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Democrats Propose Nationwide 10+ Round Magazine Ban

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
I know it is all crap and saber rattling right now but they sure are locking down their position on firearms.

What I find most interesting is the change in what they want. There has been a significant change in what they want in all they are doing and it started with the bump stock ban. What change? They have made a big jump to confiscation since the bump stock ban.

That is why you fight each and every law whether you care about them or not.

Bob

Democrats in the U.S. Congress have re-introduced legislation that would ban Americans from importing, selling, manufacturing, transferring, or possessing all magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

The “Keep Americans Safe Act” would allow those who already own standard capacity magazines to keep them, and it would not apply to tubular, .22-caliber magazines.

But it would ban the transfer of outlawed magazines and, over time, eliminate most standard-capacity mags for mid-and-full-sized semi-automatic handguns as well as the most popular mags for semi-automatic rifles.

Read more:

I Democrats Propose Nationwide 10+ Round Magazine Ban - GunsAmerica Digest

Last edited:
Democrats could call for a nationwide gun ban. It won't happen. It's playing to the base but pissing off the undecided electorate. They don't understand that Trump can do this because he knows how to move back from the brink. All they do is jump off cliffs.

Honestly I want them to keep pouring on the rhetoric because if it doesn't come to a head we'll never get any "relief". If they make big enough threats or Pelosi actually co-sponsors a bill, Americans who are interested in guns will go full retard and on another buying spree again.... and more Americans who don't have guns will start arming up.... and in this next interval I think the Panic will make Obama scare 1 and 2 look like a mild annoyance..

It does seem like they're wildly overplaying their hand with this obsession over guns. Half the country is conservative (and thus definitionally opposed to progressive witch hunts), and among the other half there's a massive contingent that either has guns themselves, or they have them around in their life. That subset of liberals knows that guns are really no big deal, whether they'll admit it or not.

Democrats could call for a nationwide gun ban. It won't happen. It's playing to the base but pissing off the undecided electorate. They don't understand that Trump can do this because he knows how to move back from the brink. All they do is jump off cliffs.

Maybe, but I don't perceive DJT as pro-gun. He signed the bump stock ban, (granted those things are ridiculous toys, but still) and he just appointed an anti-gun AG, William Barr.

I don't trust him. He may concede some of these shitty laws as bargaining chips for things he does care about.

IMO, the only good he is doing for gun owners is filling the courts with conservative judges.

The last major standoff with the government was over land and cows and thankfully no one was shot. The next major stand off involving firearms and the government I don’t think is going to go over to well. Hopefully with technology nowadays you’ll be able to see the agents showing up and doing all the shooting first...starting with the dogs of course.

So basically it's almost the same as the old aw ban.... completely unenforceable. The noises of them doing this should sell a few million more magazines.... "good".

This is exactly what I thought when I read the article. However, we all know that it will not stop with 10 round magazines. Their overall objective is to reinstate the 1994 AWB in incremental steps, and once there, go beyond that.

The last major standoff with the government was over land and cows and thankfully no one was shot. The next major stand off involving firearms and the government I don’t think is going to go over to well. Hopefully with technology nowadays you’ll be able to see the agents showing up and doing all the shooting first...starting with the dogs of course.

While I am not a rabid "He was murdered guy", someone did die in the second one.

Please you dim whit dems keep talking about banning this or that piece of a firearm.
The American firearm industry needs all the sales help you can give them![iwojima]

Lets make firearm sales, great again![smile]

Last edited:
If this moves at all, I'll have to go back to NH and pick up some more cases of Pmags.
Corrected for ya...

Ironic that I was just looking (before seeing this) on Magpul's site how they have a D50 for the AR10 'coming soon'... PMAG® D-50™ LR/SR GEN M3™
I was also thinking how this would look/work in the AR10 pistol I'm about to start ordering more parts to build up. I hope to have it finished before too far into summer. Maybe a late spring completion (depends on how much $$ I can toss at

Back
Top Bottom