DeLeo gun bill public hearing - carpool thread

I would also recommend if you belong to a busy range, that you spend some time saturday talking to people. It's liable to nice, and there's liable to be a good amount of people out shooting. Stop and talk to them, engage them in discussion and tell them how important it is..... "see that gun you have there.....ya, they really are coming for it"

I would be be at the range talking up the regulars but I have a family from church that asked me to take them shooting - Four new shooters (Dad is a former Marine so he and I can split the load up)

I put this in the other deleo bill thread. Probably should have put it here.

From this weeks HSC email newsletter.

MAY 31, JUNE 1 WEEKEND AT HSC

Just as we are trying to celebrate a world-class Cowboy Action shoot at HSC, Speaker DeLeo gets on his soap box and tries to crush the rights of law-abiding citizens. We want to enjoy the world as respectable sportsmen, and he wants us to jump through hoops so that he feels better about the criminals that he enables.

The following information is excerpted from the GOAL email message. The links below provide additional details regarding the public hearing and gun owners’ organizating to attend.

http://www.goal.org/newspages/report...se-2-6-14.html
http://www.goal.org/alert-defeat-chapter-180-part2.html
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...carpool-thread

==============

Tuesday 6/3/14 - Stand With GOAL
PUBLIC HEARING REGARDING REP. DELEO’S PROPOSED LEGISLATION
Date: Tuesday, June 3rd
Time: 12:00 PM
See Information Below We Need YOUR Help.

Stop Chapter 180 Part 2
Call Your Legislator - Attend the Public Hearing!
Gun Owners' Action League.

MA Legislature Moving To Enact Chapter 180 Part 2.

Once again the Massachusetts Government has ignored the will of the people.

Over the last year and a half, Hank Naughton, Chairman of the Joint Committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety held numerous forums for discussion and public hearings in regard to possible new legislation which would address "gun violence".

Now we have to ask, what was the point? This new legislation did not come out of the committee. Whoever wrote this clearly ignored any and all input provided by law abiding gun owners and those who wish to see Massachusetts adopt law more respectful of our Second Amendment Rights.

Instead we get Chapter 180 part 2, a continuance of the disastrous acts of 1998. Once again we get legislation that is vague and poorly written. If enacted it will only provide more avenues for the state to disarm and penalize law abiding gun owners, while having no effect on crime.

This legislation must be stopped - Take action today, here is what you can do:

Call your State Representative and State Senator let your voice be heard!
Also, please contact House Speaker DeLeo's office to let him know that you do not approve of this legislation.

House Speaker Robert DeLeo
State House
Room 356
Boston, MA 02133
Phone: 617-722-2500
Fax: 617-722-2008
Email: [email protected]

I emailed the President of Southboro Rod and Gun, he sent out an email blast.

I will be there Tuesday. Yes I am taking another day off. I am considering bringing my daughter (14) to speak.

If someone has talking points they thing would work with a Pro-2a 14 year old young lady, please pass them along.

If someone has talking points they'd like me to read into the record, please pass them along as well.

If someone wants a ride in/out of the city I will be leaving from the Southboro area, with room for 5 more.

Furthermore the bill is racist. It allows for a non elected entity to decide that black's are not suitable for FID/LTC. Jim Crow sneaking on back!

I emailed the President of Southboro Rod and Gun, he sent out an email blast.

I will be there Tuesday. Yes I am taking another day off. I am considering bringing my daughter (14) to speak.

If someone has talking points they thing would work with a Pro-2a 14 year old young lady, please pass them along.

If someone has talking points they'd like me to read into the record, please pass them along as well.

If someone wants a ride in/out of the city I will be leaving from the Southboro area, with room for 5 more.

She can talk to the change to discretionary FID. She could be abitrarily denied the ability to compete in shooting sports by someone who knows nothing about her simply because she is too young to have a history of being responsible in the chiefs eye's.

She can speak to how she doesn't feel comfortable with teachers being given power over her and her family's mental health when she sees teachers abusing children her age all too often in the news. Would they use their new power to threaten her family if she spoke up about an abuse?

I feel like we should have all those that want to speak, tackle specific sections of the bill.

I like that idea but at the same time, it may look like..."well, only this small group cares about X and that small group only cares about Y."

Ya know what I mean? I could be wrong though. I don't know. My mind is mush due to all of this garbage. [thinking]

I like that idea but at the same time, it may look like..."well, only this small group cares about X and that small group only cares about Y."

Ya know what I mean? I could be wrong though. I don't know. My mind is mush due to all of this garbage. [thinking]

I'd suggest each person pick out 3 or 4 specific provisions of the law and state why they object to them. If there's overlap, that's fine, it'll just reemphasize how bad those provisions are. Can't hurt to repeat things a few times to try and drive it into their skulls.

I don't "do Facebook", so if you can go to my club's page, and give them your info, maybe get them to "like" you back, it wouldn't hurt.

Here:
https://www.facebook.com/ASC1932

In fact, if I worked for GOAL, I'd have a dedicated person doing this sort of Internet outreach to all the clubs, along with organizing email list sharing. I'm sure there are others out there with Facebook pages.

Thanks.

I just emailed the president of one of my clubs which is Pilgrim here on NES. Hopefully he can put an email out.. I intend to be there coming up from the south shore.

I cannot f^cking believe that more NES members aren't as mad as hell about this. We NEED TO SPEAK UP ON THIS. I've been doing a slow burn since this shit was released.

We need to storm freaking beacon hill and over-run the libtards. I don't get why the reaction here seems so lukewarm. Has everyone capitulated, or am I reading this wrong?

Isn't there an e-mail address associated with each NES account? Could Derek send an e-mail blast to each email? LenS did this earlier today (I rec'd it). I think it's a good idea.

There are probably thousands of people that have an NES account that don't even know about this shit bill.

I cannot f^cking believe that more NES members aren't as mad as hell about this. We NEED TO SPEAK UP ON THIS. I've been doing a slow burn since this shit was released.

We need to storm freaking beacon hill and over-run the libtards. I don't get why the reaction here seems so lukewarm. Has everyone capitulated, or am I reading this wrong?

I believe most are, but this is a reflection of MA's politics - many people read, get upset, and say to themselves "there is no chance, they are vast majority, they are going to nod with their heads when I speak, and then do whatever the **** they want anyways".

I remember a few months back there was a bus chartered from Worcester Pistol and Rifle that I took to the common for the Pro2A rally. Is a bus like that being chartered again maybe? I think someone there knew the operator and got a good rate for it...

I am heading up from the Cape. Driving to Quincy and taking the T in. If anyone wants to catch a ride to Quincy with me PM me. I am happy to burn a vacation day for this.

I remember a few months back there was a bus chartered from Worcester Pistol and Rifle that I took to the common for the Pro2A rally. Is a bus like that being chartered again maybe? I think someone there knew the operator and got a good rate for it...

IIRC that was Worcester Pistol & Rifle that organized it, maybe somebody from that club can chime in here?

Is DeLeo going to have the balls to even show his face at this hearing or will he send a coat-holder. I bet he won't have the courage to show.

He will probably make an appearance with Deval and some paid activists at the beginning and then disappear, along with the media, before any opposition to the bill is heard.

This is why GOAL is urging club members to work with their club leadership and organize phone trees this weekend. If 10 people from each club can take a phone list home and call 50 people each it will make a significant difference. All of the old folks that aren't online surely have a house phone!

Does GOAL have all the contact info? This is a framework which should be in place, ready to deploy at moment's notice. If not I hope they can at least contact club leadership (for real, not voicemail) at each and every club. GOAL should have designated 1st and 2nd contacts and a methodology for this all pre-arranged. I'd be willing to help out with this, but we'd probably want to borrow from someone/somewhere instead of reinventing the wheel. Whereas most places use e-communications, clubs could work with a 1974 or so model.

Last edited:
When are we going to sue the state over this BS. We can make calls all day long but its only going to amount to fly shit. We need a legal challenge on the state supreme court level ASAP! Lets get some case law going!!!

Does GOAL have all the contact info? This is a framework which should be in place, ready to deploy at moment's notice. If not I hope they can at least contact club leadership (for real, not voicemail) at each and every club. GOAL should have designated 1st and 2nd contacts and a methodology for this all pre-arranged. I'd be willing to help out with this, but we'd probably want to borrow from someone/somewhere instead of reinventing the wheel. Whereas most places use e-communications, clubs could wwork with a 1974 or so model.

Doug, there are 3 of us there excluding Jim and Jon and we're tapped. Work within your club, somebody will have contact info, there should be more than enough competent people at each club that will be able to manage this.

Be self reliant and go forward, make phone calls, you can do it without GOAL's help.

Doug, there are 3 of us there excluding Jim and Jon and we're tapped. Work within your club, somebody will have contact info, there should be more than enough competent people at each club that will be able to manage this.

Be self reliant and go forward, make phone calls, you can do it without GOAL's help.

Not a single phone was answered by a person on the NRAILA list I was emailed, and more than half of the emails are bouncing back with mailbox full errors.

Back
Top Bottom