DeLeo gun bill public hearing - carpool thread

Do we know what format this will be? How much interaction are we expecting?

This will be the usual public hearing format, everyone will be heard, if you want to speak show up early and sign up at the door.

If you have friends at a club, form a committee and speak together as a panel.

Correct, just leave the shirt untouched (well, except for your back resting against it). If someone asks you to put it on, just say you don't want it and hand it to them.

THIS^

Otherwise they'll probably try to have you charged with theft or something along those lines....I wouldn't put anything past them.

I would say call your reps, let them know what happened last time. I spoke with the bailiff last time when we were not allowed to bring signs in and these *******s came in with the cutesy signs. She seemed shocked they got them in but of course did nothing.

I arrived late at the last hearing where this BS took place.

At the time, I was wondering how all the front row seats were taken by the opposition, and didn't find out until later that

they pulled a bogus stunt by reserving those seats with t-shirts.

Was this done with approval or consent of the people in charge of enforcing the rules (state police, Sgt at Arms... whomever)?

For a public hearing at a public venue, I can't believe the practice would be allowed.

If it is indeed against the rules, those running the show need to take action and prohibit the practice.

- - - Updated - - -

A good idea would be to assemble a youth panel, a minorities panel, a woman 's panel etc, hell a moms with guns panel would be great to stuff down MDA's throat.

Would be good if the U-Mass gun club could get a panel together.

Gays for guns.
Ammosexuals United
Grannies for guns

I really think though some female/youth or minority representation will be key here.

Remember how "panel groups" got better coverage and attention? Start forming sub-groups.

Moms for guns
Kids for guns
Mass Clubs kids shooting teams
Gun Owners for Safety
Sensible Laws for All
Just Say No to Magazine Limits

this could go on forever.

Pair up with someone, present a pointed, single-purpose argument. Etc. etc. See other prior posts for the other ideas from last time(s).

I should add - the radio remains a great tool to inform people - if any of you are nerds like me and call radio stations on a regular basis, DO IT - if you get 10 seconds to make people aware of the hearings, make people aware of NES, ItsTime etc, we may get a showing that rivals the Mad Mothers.

I am going, driving in from just north of Worcester. can fit 3-4 others if anyone is interested

leaving early to try and find parking and get seats, sign up to speak, etc

FYI, I have few dogs in this fight anymore, but be warned: last time MDA/whatever came and "held seats with shirts". Consider organizing and doing something similar.

No one is holding seats. As someone mentioned i will just sit on them. Excuse me sir this seat is saved. Ignore.
I'm up for being in a veterans panel. Anyone want to join. Also in Millbury if someone is driving by. Pm me.

Last edited:
How on earth is it fair that they can hold a public hearing when the people who are actually paying for everything around here are obviously going to be working. Sure, it's fine for the state employees because well, destroying the state is their actual job so this is just part of their 9-5.
Anyhew, I work in the city so I'll do my best to slip away at lunch.

I am a state employee , that works on Beacon Hill, and I will try and take a break from destroying the State to stand with with my NES brothers and sisters in opposition of this dog shit bill. If people still have an appetite after listening to this BS I would highly recommend eating at ZO at Center Plaza.

I am a state employee , that works on Beacon Hill, and I will try and take a break from destroying the State to stand with with my NES brothers and sisters in opposition of this dog shit bill. If people still have an appetite after listening to this BS I would highly recommend eating at ZO at Center Plaza.

Boston_Shooters place for pizza and lulz!!! [banana][banana][banana]

Since this is the closest thing to a thead dedicated to the hearing...

I'm looking for a flyer (pdf?) I can print out and give to a few neighbors that summarizes why this thing is so bad, what they should do about it (contact our legislators... unfortunately ours is Linsky...), and go to the hearing.

The GOAL email about the hearing is ok, but it doesn't really work as a printout to someone who doesn't know what's going on. Any one make something up already?

I'm going. Strategy-sit where the shirts are. If they give you any lip, ask if they pay taxes in this state. If they say yes, tell them you do too, then sit down. After all-it's a public forum-we are all the public.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

GOAL has added an official Facebook Event Page for the Public Hearing on June 3rd at Noon, please plan on arriving early and staying late! https://www.facebook.com/events/710268135698156/

I don't "do Facebook", so if you can go to my club's page, and give them your info, maybe get them to "like" you back, it wouldn't hurt.

Here:
https://www.facebook.com/ASC1932

In fact, if I worked for GOAL, I'd have a dedicated person doing this sort of Internet outreach to all the clubs, along with organizing email list sharing. I'm sure there are others out there with Facebook pages.

Thanks.

Looks like it could be game on and a repeat of the last meeting at the State House with the same players (not unexpected, but it's nice to know ahead of time).

They have a June 3 Action Day sign-up here...

https://www.formstack.com/forms/tbewellesley-june3action

At the bottom there's a box to fill in "MA Coalition Organization"

Examples they give are: GBIO, JCRC, JALSA, Episcopal Diocese, Moms Demand Action, Temple Beth Elohim, etc.
Three of them have announced the event on their websites.

The others haven't (ditto for FaceBook), but it's reasonable to assume they, and their membership are aware of the hearing.

Upcoming Events
Prevent Gun Violence Event at the State House
Tuesday, June 3, 10:00 am
Click here to RSVP

MA Speaker of the House Robert DeLeo released a long awaited gun violence prevention bill on May 27. This is a strong, meaningful bill that will close gaps in our gun laws and save lives. We have much to be proud of at TBE; the action and leadership of TBE Congregants to Prevent Gun Violence has played a major role in the grassroots organizing effort that makes this bill possible. Click here to view the May 27, 2014 Boston Globe column that mentions Janet Goldenberg and TBE.

But we're not there yet, and we need your help. As this bill makes its way through the State House to the Governor's desk, there will be many obstacles -- you can be sure that opponents of this bill will be making calls, flooding legislators' in-boxes, and showing up for the hearing on this bill in force, next Tuesday.

Now is the most critical time to say to our legislators...."Here I am", by showing up at the State House on Tuesday (details below). We know this makes a difference. The Speaker and legislators behind this bill are counting on us for support -- because they know the opposition will be loud.

http://tbewellesley.org/stopgunviolence/

Mass House Announces Gun Violence Prevention Legislation

Published on May 27, 2014 by JCRC

The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) joined with its allies from the Massachusetts Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence today in applauding Speaker of the House Robert A. DeLeo, Chairman Hank Naughton, Representative David Linsky and their colleagues in announcing new legislation aimed at curbing gun violence in the Massachusetts. The JCRC has worked with synagogues, city faith leaders and a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure that multiple perspectives were included within the drafting of the bill. We look forward to joining with our partners when we gather at the State House on June 3rd to make our voices heard in support of comprehensive gun legislation.

“It is promising that the Speaker and his colleagues have released what appears to be a strong bill” said JCRC Executive Director Jeremy Burton. “We look forward to working with the Legislature and Administration to see that a meaningful and smart bill reflecting our community’s concerns is passed and signed into law by the Governor. We also join with Speaker DeLeo in calling for federal legislation to act decisively and pass comprehensive gun violence prevention legislation.”

http://www.jcrcboston.org/blog/2014-blog-posts/mass-house-announces-gun.html

The Massachusetts Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence is also putting the word out...

https://www.facebook.com/MassachusettsCoalitionToPreventGunViolence

Last edited:
I don't "do Facebook"

In fact, if I worked for GOAL, I'd have a dedicated person doing this sort of Internet outreach to all the clubs, along with organizing email list sharing. I'm sure there are others out there with Facebook pages.

Thanks.

I e-mailed my club to see if the would blast the members. No response

LoginName (and others): Get on their mail list, offer to help organize communications, then, well, you got busy, or sick or something; right?

I e-mailed my club to see if the would blast the members. No response

This is where the clubs need help. THEY have the membership, groups like NES and "It's Time 2A" have the communictions talent. The biggest trouble is a majority of the club members don't have email or even computers.

Last edited:
This is where the clubs need help. THEY have the membership, groups like NES and "It's Time 2A" have the communictions talent. The biggest trouble is a majority of the club members don't have email or even computers.

These guys have the people and the ability, no clue why i have heard nothing from them.

LoginName (and others): Get on their mail list, offer to help organize communications, then, well, you got busy, or sick or something; right?

This is why GOAL is urging club members to work with their club leadership and organize phone trees this weekend. If 10 people from each club can take a phone list home and call 50 people each it will make a significant difference. All of the old folks that aren't online surely have a house phone!

This is why GOAL is urging club members to work with their club leadership and organize phone trees this weekend. If 10 people from each club can take a phone list home and call 50 people each it will make a significant difference. All of the old folks that aren't online surely have a house phone!

I would also recommend if you belong to a busy range, that you spend some time saturday talking to people. It's liable to nice, and there's liable to be a good amount of people out shooting. Stop and talk to them, engage them in discussion and tell them how important it is..... "see that gun you have there.....ya, they really are coming for it"

Looks like it could be game on and a repeat of the last meeting at the State House with the same players (not unexpected, but it's nice to know ahead of time).They have a June 3 Action Day sign-up here...https://www.formstack.com/forms/tbewellesley-june3actionAt the bottom there's a box to fill in "MA Coalition Organization"Examples they give are: GBIO, JCRC, JALSA, Episcopal Diocese, Moms Demand Action, Temple Beth Elohim, etc.Three of them have announced the event on their websites.The others haven't (ditto for FaceBook), but it's reasonable to assume they, and their membership are aware of the hearing.http://tbewellesley.org/stopgunviolence/http://www.jcrcboston.org/blog/2014-blog-posts/mass-house-announces-gun.htmlThe Massachusetts Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence is also putting the word out...https://www.facebook.com/MassachusettsCoalitionToPreventGunViolence
Jews for gun control is one of the most infuriating groups of all... just mind boggling

Back
Top Bottom