DeLeo gun bill public hearing - carpool thread

The die is cast. Their minds made up. Time to drink this bitter cup...

As if wearing t-shirts (and spending money on printed t-shirts that could be better put to something more productive), is going to sway anyone's opinion.

I realize that it's important to show our numbers, but spending $20.00 on a shirt isn't necessary.

Just decide on a simple color that stands out that we can all wear, that we can identify each other with, and so can the committee.

They have nice quality polo shirts available.

Get there early and grab up some of those front section seats that the moms blah blah etc. will try to grab again. They're planning on being there for 10am. Don't let the commieslators have the chance to stare at nothing but a see of 'moms' in front of them. The ammosexuals need to be out front and proud, not hiding in the corners. [wink]

And hang little signs on the rest saying "Reserved for NES" or something like that. ;-)

Edit: Looks like others beat me to it on the comment above.

For other "lessons learned", and other "take-aways" from previous hearings, see my post over here: click here

Last edited:
This bill has nothing to do with preventing crime or punishing criminals.

It has everything to do with preventing law abiding citizens from protecting themselves.

I like the way you think. [grin]

Remember how "panel groups" got better coverage and attention? Start forming sub-groups.

Moms for guns
Kids for guns
Mass Clubs kids shooting teams
Gun Owners for Safety
Sensible Laws for All
Just Say No to Magazine Limits

this could go on forever.

Pair up with someone, present a pointed, single-purpose argument. Etc. etc. See other prior posts for the other ideas from last time(s).

Remember how "panel groups" got better coverage and attention? Start forming sub-groups.

Moms for guns
Kids for guns
Mass Clubs kids shooting teams
Gun Owners for Safety
Sensible Laws for All
Just Say No to Magazine Limits

this could go on forever.

Pair up with someone, present a pointed, single-purpose argument. Etc. etc. See other prior posts for the other ideas from last time(s).

Again, excellent idea. As I recall, the "special" groups got priority as far as speaking went too.

I"ll be heading in from the People's Republic of Cambridge to join our troops!

We need to hijack their t-shirts and replace them with the ol' "I"m with Stupid..."

Apparently the Moms Demand Action are planning on getting there at 10am to pick up their free t-shirts, stickers, and pamphlet of talking points.
Make sure to get there plenty early so the front and center is not occupied by empty chairs with t-shirts like last time.

You can bet if they are planning to be there at 10 to hand stuff out they will be there when the doors open to sling t-shirts on seats. First person in the doors wins.

I'll be there. Taking afternoon off.

Take the commuter rail in... very easy. Lots of parking in Worcester, Westborough, Southborough, etc.

Will probably get there 12:15 or so... someone save me a seat with a tshirt :) I'll probably wear a jacket or suit... or maybe I'll throw them off by showing up in doctoral robes...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So we show up early and accept their stuff. Sit in the seats wearing their stuff. When it starts, put on our own stuff.

Don't even bother wearing their stuff. Just sit down in the seat, leave the shirt there. Don't let them "reserve" the whole front of the room with one person tossing t-shirts on the seats. Unless an actual living, breathing person is in the seat, it's up for grabs. If someone objects, just ignore them.

I've been to several of the rallies and several of the hearings. I'm sorry I cannot make it this Tuesday, it's too short notice and I run a business.

Screw the "drape a shirt over a seat" garbage. That's kiddie stuff. I wish I could be there to watch a few of you just brush those shirts right off and sit down.

I'm not just giving up on MA yet. I've called my two reps, left messages with both that I oppose this bill. Rep Randy Hunt is opposed to it and apparently has already written up a response to each of the sections, which his secretary was supposed to email me but I haven't seen it yet. I will still give money to GOAL and Comm2A as long as I live here, and maybe even longer but if this passes in its full content, I cannot bring myself to stay here. I have no convictions of any kind on my record so technically I wouldn't be DQ'd for anything but that's not the point. I couldn't in good conscience stay and continue to pay money every 6 years to a system that so blatantly wants gun owners out of this state.

My girlfriend and I had a serious talk last night and if I end up moving, she may not move with me. The fact that I may have to choose between the girl I love and my guns makes me hate this state more than ever.

just wear their stuff and if asked, say you think the bill goes too far. maybe shock the pols into thinking they really did go too far this time.

I repeat, do not take their shirts. Last thing we need is some BS about gun owners "stealing" shirts or whatnot. Just leave their shit alone and sit in a seat without a person already in it.

Hope you guys wont even have to deal with the shirts if you arrive early enough. I definitely agree, that irked me about the reports from the last hearing. I questioned the last time their ability to either get in early and put the shirts on the seats or it would seem that someone in the Statehouse pre-set that up (pre-staged) on purpose. I would almost recommend camping out, just to ensure that you are the first in the room to see the state of it (ie. who, if anyone, put shirts down).

Do you know when the state house, and in particular that Gardner room opens for entry?

I would like you to all recall too, that IIRC propaganda like signs were not welcome from our side last time. I would be very quick to point that out and be vocal about it if you see MDA getting unequal treatment.

I would say that we all want this to be a peaceful event. But if previous hearings are any indication I think those going, better be prepared voice their opinion and displeasure with the bill and handling of the hearing out of turn especially if they make no indications to give our side a voice like they did last time.

So we show up early and accept their stuff. Sit in the seats wearing their stuff. When it starts, put on our own stuff.

Don't even bother wearing their stuff. Just sit down in the seat, leave the shirt there. Don't let them "reserve" the whole front of the room with one person tossing t-shirts on the seats. Unless an actual living, breathing person is in the seat, it's up for grabs. If someone objects, just ignore them.

I've been to several of the rallies and several of the hearings. I'm sorry I cannot make it this Tuesday, it's too short notice and I run a business.

Screw the "drape a shirt over a seat" garbage. That's kiddie stuff. I wish I could be there to watch a few of you just brush those shirts right off and sit down.

I'm not just giving up on MA yet. I've called my two reps, left messages with both that I oppose this bill. Rep Randy Hunt is opposed to it and apparently has already written up a response to each of the sections, which his secretary was supposed to email me but I haven't seen it yet. I will still give money to GOAL and Comm2A as long as I live here, and maybe even longer but if this passes in its full content, I cannot bring myself to stay here. I have no convictions of any kind on my record so technically I wouldn't be DQ'd for anything but that's not the point. I couldn't in good conscience stay and continue to pay money every 6 years to a system that so blatantly wants gun owners out of this state.

My girlfriend and I had a serious talk last night and if I end up moving, she may not move with me. The fact that I may have to choose between the girl I love and my guns makes me hate this state more than ever.

I arrived late at the last hearing where this BS took place.

At the time, I was wondering how all the front row seats were taken by the opposition, and didn't find out until later that

they pulled a bogus stunt by reserving those seats with t-shirts.

Was this done with approval or consent of the people in charge of enforcing the rules (state police, Sgt at Arms... whomever)?

For a public hearing at a public venue, I can't believe the practice would be allowed.

If it is indeed against the rules, those running the show need to take action and prohibit the practice.

It was probably allowed because nobody on our side made an issue of it. The solution is simple - just sit in a seat that isn't occupied by a person. If it's got a shirt on it, just leave it alone. If somebody confronts you about it, either ignore them or just say "the seat was empty, so I sat in it". If they continue to give you a hard time, remain firm but polite in your insistence that you will remain in that seat. If they start to fly off the handle, let them, and call over a state police officer to deal with the unruly individual.

Get there early and grab up some of those front section seats that the moms blah blah etc. will try to grab again. They're planning on being there for 10am. Don't let the commieslators have the chance to stare at nothing but a see of 'moms' in front of them. The ammosexuals need to be out front and proud, not hiding in the corners. [wink]

This, everyone that goes, bring an extra pro 2A tee shirt with you and put it on any empty seat that's near you.

Take up the entire lower bowl.

It's time to stop playing nice.

It was probably allowed because nobody on our side made an issue of it. The solution is simple - just sit in a seat that isn't occupied by a person. If it's got a shirt on it, just leave it alone. If somebody confronts you about it, either ignore them or just say "the seat was empty, so I sat in it". If they continue to give you a hard time, remain firm but polite in your insistence that you will remain in that seat. If they start to fly off the handle, let them, and call over a state police officer to deal with the unruly individual.

By leave the shirt alone you mean sit down anyways... just don't move the shirt or co opt it and misrepresent yourself... right?

Kabuki Theater...
I've taken off work to go to EVERY State House rally for the last couple of years.
Not this time.
All the "I can't get time off to go" guys may have helped nip this in the bud, but now it's too late...

By leave the shirt alone you mean sit down anyways... just don't move the shirt or co opt it and misrepresent yourself... right?

Correct, just leave the shirt untouched (well, except for your back resting against it). If someone asks you to put it on, just say you don't want it and hand it to them.

Back
Top Bottom