• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DeLeo gun bill public hearing - carpool thread

BTW...

The moms blah blah have changed their time to 9:30am.

It would seem that they are paying attention to what we say here. [thinking] [tinfoil]

Unless every single one of them is there, sitting in seats, it does not matter one bit. They can "reserve" seats with t-shirts and crap all they want, I will sit up front in a seat without a person in it.

Unless every single one of them is there, sitting in seats, it does not matter one bit. They can "reserve" seats with t-shirts and crap all they want, I will sit up front in a seat without a person in it.

This - Show up early and sit up front

The people they bus in can find a seat in the back

This - Show up early and sit up front

The people they bus in can find a seat in the back

Which is why I figured I'd post that they changed their time.

I don't know about the other anti groups but so far moms blah blah is up to 18 "going" on their fb page.....GOAL has about 129.

1) there are 3 of us there excluding Jim and Jon and we're tapped. 2) Work within your club, somebody will have contact info, there should be more than enough competent people at each club that will be able to manage this.

3) Be self reliant and go forward, make phone calls, you can do it without GOAL's help.

1) I didn't mean NOW. I meant this should be a goal spread out over a year. This is something which should be set up BETWEEN these sort of things, in the down time. Lay out a plan, follow through throughout the state, and work it. You need a solid plan and an outline or framework. Start small, and grow or expand it as time goes on. Focus on the easy pickings, then the next layer, etc. etc.

2) I am. Already made contact with leadership and newsletter people. A very small minority of the club actually have emails. Your phone tree idea has merit, but it is too late for this time around. That stuff takes time, planning, and convincing/buy-in.

3) Check. I was only trying to help. I thought organizing club participation in this stuff would have been one of GOAL's main areas of focus. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyone?

Also note that I offered to help with any or all of this. I've sat in GOAL offices in the past and called GOAL members as part of the phone bank there, and I'd do it again.

1)

Also note that I offered to help with any or all of this. I've sat in GOAL offices in the past and called GOAL members as part of the phone bank there, and I'd do it again.

I can't really make to GOAL to volunteer. However, I would make calls if I could call from home or VOIP into a phone bank.

BTW...

The moms blah blah have changed their time to 9:30am.

It would seem that they are paying attention to what we say here. [thinking] [tinfoil]

"I'm shocked, shocked..."

I have no issue with them showing up as early as they want... they can camp overnight in tents as if it were a "Black Friday" sale for all I care.

First come... first served.

But, this practice of reserving seats with t-shirts (if they pull that childish stunt again), is unacceptable.

It shouldn't be allowed to begin with... period!

It's not a ****ing movie theater... it's a public hearing, in a public venue.

I'm perfectly fine with standing in the back as long it's by my choice or tardiness.

From the moms blah blah event page:

THE BILL IS HERE! Now it’s time to thank the Speaker for
his leadership and urge the Senate to act!
Join us as we call for more comprehensive gun legislation!
Action Day Schedule - NOTE: TIMING HAS CHANGED
9:30AM- Arrive at State House (security lines will be long)
10:00AM - Coalition Press Conference – 3rd floor lobby,
outside the House Chambers

10:45AM – Head to Gardner Auditorium to fill seats for the Public Hearing on the bill
12:00PM – Public Hearing on the bill begins
1:00PM and beyond - legislative visits (registration TBD-- stay tuned)
Please feel free to join us for as much of the day as you can.

The bolding is mine. WTF...the antis get their own special 'press conference'? [puke]

From the moms blah blah event page:

The bolding is mine. WTF...the antis get their own special 'press conference'? [puke]

Who's up for a drinking game for every mention of "children"... "Newtown/Santa Barbara"... "inaction by Congress"...

"NRA"... "enough is enough"... "take action now" (you get the idea).

Last NES'er still standing on his/her feet wins.

Who's up for a drinking game for every mention of "children"... "Newtown/Santa Barbara"... "inaction by Congress"...

"NRA"... "enough is enough"... "take action now" (you get the idea).

Last NES'er still standing on his/her feet wins.

You left out: "NOT ONE MORE!!!!11one"

BTW, I don't think ANYONE here would last very long playing that game. [laugh]

I think I'll keep count just so someone can feed me the beers after this on Tuesday.
Im totally down for a boloco run after they kick us out for proving how dumb and racist this Bill is.

I think I'll keep count just so someone can feed me the beers after this on Tuesday.
Im totally down for a boloco run after they kick us out for proving how dumb and racist this Bill is.

You'll get alcohol poisoning.....

....I'd be willing to bet that the moms blah blah, et al, will be chanting...over and over...."NOT ONE MORE"

Heh...we should counter by chanting the word LAW at the end of every one of their 'not one more's'. LOL

NOT ONE MORE........LAW

NOT ONE MORE........LAW

NOT ONE MORE........LAW

[laugh]

So, what's keeping our side from having a press conference? We know the key players, and we know Ch 25 is across the street, and the State House News Service is right in the building. All we need is 4, 5, 7, and NECN.

Someone here must have some connections.

Here's how it will go down:

- Specially picked people expressing the "correct" position will be allowed to speak - public officials, doctors, etc.

- The high ranking people hearing testimony will leave the room

- The little people will speak and the low ranking reps will pretend to listen.

Give em hell! I would love to make this but unfortunately I am going away for .mil training (so I can steal all your guns when this bill passes)

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I won't be able to make it, couldn't get the day off from work but I sent a few emails off last night. Good luck and keep us posted.

Fired from my HTC One with high capacity storage

- Specially picked people expressing the "correct" position will be allowed to speak - public officials, doctors, etc.

So how do people opposed get heard?

Are you saying it is a waste of time to even go?

So how do people opposed get heard?

Vote. or move and starve the beast

Are you saying it is a waste of time to even go?

What I am saying is that the little people will be treated as little people, and the floor belongs to those with social prominence and power.

The real contribution in going is not your testimony (that WILL be ignored), but the packing of the room showing there are a lot of people who care.

Now, if we can get a doc to speak for our side, and sneak onto the "important people allowed to go first" list because of heavy patient load, then speak for us, that would be something.

They do treat the GOAL rep as an "important person" and give that person prime, reserved by name, speaking time. Others wishing to speak for our side must play the VIP card to speak at the beginning when people are listening.

That sucks. Are you sending a representative group from the Umass Gun Club?

Its been posted on the facebook page. Quite frankly I usually like to vette people I am going to have talk. Even among NESers Ive heard stuff thats made me cringe, but hopefully some of those guys show up.

I know some of you guys are great speakers. If Rosenthal speaks first again I would like someone to ask to the house members face why exactly wealthy people are given the privilege to speak before everyone else. My guess is he buys a place holder in line but even so that should be reserved for the physically handicapped.

Mike

Its been posted on the facebook page. Quite frankly I usually like to vette people I am going to have talk. Even among NESers Ive heard stuff thats made me cringe, but hopefully some of those guys show up.

I know some of you guys are great speakers. If Rosenthal speaks first again I would like someone to ask to the house members face why exactly wealthy people are given the privilege to speak before everyone else. My guess is he buys a place holder in line but even so that should be reserved for the physically handicapped.

Mike

I hope they do too. I'm sure your people have a clue.

Assenthal most likely gets a call from DeLeo for these events asking him what time he'd like to speak and how much time he'll need. [hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom