• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Definition of a Massachusetts compliant fixed stock.

Take a picture of the lock mech . Should be the pivot pin you push out .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my lower hasn't come in yet so i don't have the stock yet to mess around with...in the link i posted in post #57 above, about halfway down the page it talks of having to push a firing pin through a hole in the stock to pull the stock off...it looks like all of the mechanism is under the large latch...so i'm not too sure how to get at the mechanism

edit: maybe the videos in this link will help better...one shows the leaf spring and one shows the assembly of the stock...
http://www.defensereview.com/bravo-...lightweight-telescopingretractable-buttstock/

Last edited:
Using some of the more recent ATF rulings as an example (where idiots couldn't leave well enough alone and had to
ask too may questions), we're probably better off not getting clarification or determinations from the AG's office and/or
asking them too many questions.
The AG's position is "we do nor provide legal advice to private citizens; hire an attorney to get your legal questions answered"

my lower hasn't come in yet so i don't have the stock yet to mess around with...in the link i posted in post #57 above, about halfway down the page it talks of having to push a firing pin through a hole in the stock to pull the stock off...it looks like all of the mechanism is under the large latch...so i'm not too sure how to get at the mechanism

edit: maybe the videos in this link will help better...one shows the leaf spring and one shows the assembly of the stock...
http://www.defensereview.com/bravo-...lightweight-telescopingretractable-buttstock/

after watching the last 2 videos on that link i think i can disable the leaf spring...if i were to assemble the stock at the desired length/location on the rifle tube and create a small piece of wood that is curved to insert between the inside of the latch and the leaf spring...then the leaf spring couldn't be depressed?...does this sound like it would work to disable adjustability?...you would have to disassemble the stock to adjust it

it had a different design than the magpul stocks but i figured it out...took me longer to look around my basement to find a suitable material to use than to actually do it...
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...tive-Reversible-Pinning?p=4311319#post4311319

When there is a will there's a away.

Personally I look at it like this . Just don't give a ****. Or buy a ace stock that is light weight and you can beat some ones head in with .
My carbine got the ace stock and my dmr got a prs stock . Or is it psr? I'm tired drunk and it's my b day I dgaf...

I picked up my BCM lower yesterday, my shop wasn't sure how to pin the BCM stock either, gonna take it back to give them more time to figure it out.

I noticed the stock is a little loose fully extended, but rock solid one notch in, is that typical of telescoping stocks?

I picked up my BCM lower yesterday, my shop wasn't sure how to pin the BCM stock either, gonna take it back to give them more time to figure it out.

I noticed the stock is a little loose fully extended, but rock solid one notch in, is that typical of telescoping stocks?

mine wiggles a tiny bit at the longest setting as well...i haven't had time to bring it to the range yet but i think i put the stock at a longer position than i should need so i'm glad i have it set up so i can change it if i want to...i'm going to tear it back down tonight and play with the settings to see what feels best before i re-"pin" it...take a look at the link in my post #65 if you want the "pinning" reversible

Sorry for the question, I am newer to MA. From what I have been reading I should be OK with a Magpul PRS on a varminter?

I a fixed a small scratch in the rear end of the butt stock with a pin and a great deal of LEMON PLEDGE , Am I now Mass legal?

Back
Top Bottom