• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EFA10 on a non compliant rifle

So with the new laws potentially coming, I had a question about registering a non-compliant rifle. It currently lives in Maine and has all the fun stuff they don't allow in Mass. Would submitting paperwork on it before the transfer ban goes into effect have any advantage if I did ever want to neuter it to bring it into the state? Not planning on it, but want to make sure I'm not closing doors by doing nothing now.

So with the new laws potentially coming, I had a question about registering a non-compliant rifle. It currently lives in Maine and has all the fun stuff they don't allow in Mass. Would submitting paperwork on it before the transfer ban goes into effect have any advantage if I did ever want to neuter it to bring it into the state? Not planning on it, but want to make sure I'm not closing doors by doing nothing now.
This makes no sense. If the rifle is in Maine why would you FA10 it??

Amazing how people are actually trying to figure out ways to comply with the latest gun bill bullshit. Which by the way still needs to go to the senate.

I gave up caring years ago long before this latest gun bill.

Amazing how people are actually trying to figure out ways to comply with the latest gun bill bullshit.

This.

Why be "law-abiding" when the law is unconstitutional?

If this bill passes as is? Just go up to Maine, grab your lawful property, and bear it, as is your right. And if MA tries to tyrannize you? Then I guess the case that frees us all will be Healy vs Theconverted.

Take heart and be a patriot. You're a free man. Act like one.

While you could be prosecuted for possession of a banned gun, you cannot be prosecuted for not registering it.
The Wikipedia article is about a federally prohibited person, no? IANAL but how would it be an issue in that way since MA doesn't have jurisdiction in another state. How can you be charged in MA by MA laws for possessing an "assault weapon" in another state where they are allowed? The law is that it's illegal to possess in MA.

While a little confusing, I think OP is asking this in anticipation of the recent law being passed.

He has an "assault weapon" in Maine, but is a MA resident. Would it be wise to EFA 10 it so it's on the books in order to be allowed to own in MA in the case of a grandfather clause that applies to previously owned, EFA-10'd guns. In the event he brought it to MA, it would be in AWB-compliant configuration.

IANAL, but I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to EFA 10, so if he decides to bring it into MA, it would be OK to possess in AWB complaint configuration.

While a little confusing, I think OP is asking this in anticipation of the recent law being passed.

He has an "assault weapon" in Maine, but is a MA resident. Would it be wise to EFA 10 it so it's on the books in order to be allowed to own in MA in the case of a grandfather clause that applies to previously owned, EFA-10'd guns. In the event he brought it to MA, it would be in AWB-compliant configuration.

IANAL, but I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to EFA 10, so if he decides to bring it into MA, it would be OK to possess in AWB complaint configuration.
Less of a paper trail the better IMO
IANAL either

OP is onto something. I'm going to eFA-10 100 different AR serial numbers tonight so I can build 80% lowers for the rest of my life.

The Wikipedia article is about a federally prohibited person, no? IANAL but how would it be an issue in that way since MA doesn't have jurisdiction in another state. How can you be charged in MA by MA laws for possessing an "assault weapon" in another state where they are allowed? The law is that it's illegal to possess in MA.
No, it is a SCOTUS opinion on self incrimination by registering a firearm you are prohibited from owning so it is applicable to ALL inferior courts (and every court is inferior to SCOTUS)

Back
Top Bottom