David Hogg coming to town (and S&W plant)

Today's Boston.com article has some interesting info:

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2018/08/20/massachusetts-students-50-miles-more-march-worcester-smith-wesson

Here are my favorite excerpts:
Right now, Petit-Homme said the event is in need of donations and volunteers. A GoFundMe page with a goal of $50,000 for the event had raised just $829 as of Friday afternoon.

and
As of Friday afternoon, 53 people had RSVP’d on a Facebook event page that they would be attending the gathering at the end of the march

How much do you want to bet that the local media will photograph it to look like there are a million people there.

Why attack legal businesses? I do not understand how this will help anything.

Focus on the USER, not the OBJECT.

S&W employs a lot of people, and they are a long term business in Springfield.

If they moved out, it would be a big, big hurt on the economy.

Pack of firecrackers. Cigarette. Insert fuse in base of cig, light, and walk away.

My wife smokes. The new cigarettes are designed to go out if you don't actually smoke them. I've seen her put a cigarette down in an ashtray, come back to it a couple minutes later and it's gone out. Not like the old days when you COULD actually use it as a fuse...

Which reminds me of that saying "rekindling a romance is like re-lighting a cigarette, it's never as good the second time"

And now that I've read the thread - I see that a number of people already noted this. Late to the party - again...

A Hardy welcome for SuperStar David Hogg!
tar.jpg

Maybe everyone's marching to Hampton Beach for the other protest in the cold water ;)

I think they should march into Springfield's North End to protest illegally owned guns and gun violence. Go harass the Gang Bangers and see what happens. This would make more sense then to harass a legitimate company that is one of the largest employer in the area. I don't think S&W is nailed down to Springfield and it may not take that much for them to move out of the state. This state is becoming more and more a hostile place for them to do business. Considering the new corporate umbrella, American Outdoor Brands Corp. It would not be unheard of for them to move to a better climate politically and weather wise. American Outdoor Brands Corp. has been doing a lot of shuffling this past year. I am sure this would greatly impact the area.

Why attack legal businesses? I do not understand how this will help anything.

Focus on the USER, not the OBJECT.

S&W employs a lot of people, and they are a long term business in Springfield.

If they moved out, it would be a big, big hurt on the economy.

This falls on completely deaf ears- because they're antis and they don't actually care about any of that, they just want to disarm the masses. This isn't about "gun violence" and it never has been, that's all a bunch of garbage that they feed the unknowing public. The whole long term of objective of these shitbirds is to demonize guns, and by proxy, private gun ownership, because the ".gov" types and "important" people will always get an exception.

-Mike

That's a pretty underwhelming number.
Seems like someone's five minutes is up.
He'll be skinning his knees to get a two minute spot on AM radio by this time next year.

It's been a long time since you've had a cigarette, no?

They're now designed to extinguish themselves (their selves?)...f***...i hate english.

ETA...damnit...someone beat me to it...i still don't know which way to say it though. themselves? is theirselves one word...or two?
T

"Cigarettes are designed to self-extinguish."

There you go.

I hate the headlines the MSM uses. "50 mile walk against gun violence."

Who, exactly, is FOR gun violence? Other than gang bangers, I suppose... It's as if the NRA, NSSF, and people like us who live, sleep, and breathe actual gun safety 7x24x365, are somehow opposed to actual gun safety.

What it really is, is a 50 mile walk supporting victim disarmament.

Ya better mic up.
Ya better start to cry.
CNN needs you to pout.
I'm tellin you why.
David Hogg is coming. . . . TO TOWN!

I have a client that thinks Hogg is the next greatest thing. I told him he's being manipulated and will end up broken and crying in the end, used by the Left. He didn't like that. Now he's allegedly running for Congress. I guess he didn't read his Constitution. . . again. LOL

The media won't care how _you_ see it. They have an agenda to push.

You could be completely silent, and it would not matter. Their bad behavior would be attributed to you because that fits the desired narrative.

I was just assuming that would be the case, but I would not put it past someone to try to reason with the gun prohibitionists, which is counterproductive.

Your signs would be portrayed as threatening, and you would be accused of menacing and promoting messages of hate.

Good luck.

All of this is exactly right. The problem is, the Right cares about facts over feelings and thinks if the facts are on our side, we win. That's not how it works, at least not by default.

The Left wins by a combination of identity politics and using peoples' tragedy and suffering as human shields to push their preferred policies. So in this case they put kids out there. If you stand up against them or even say anything about their policy prescriptions then you're attacking them personally. But we're supposed to listen to them because they were in a high school that was attacked by a lunatic, and that makes them public policy experts.

Nope, the Right wins by not playing that game. We win by not falling for their traps. We win by presenting facts soberly and honestly. Hamas uses the same leftist "attack from behind a human shield" tactics, and what does Israel do? Not carpet-bombing (although that would be fully justified), but instead, narrow, targeted, careful strikes that get the job done.

From :https://www.marchforourlivesboston.com/50-miles-more
These semi-automatic weapons are being manufactured in Massachusetts, a state which doesn't allow the selling of Semi-Automatic weapons. These guns are sold in neighboring states like Maine and Vermont and then illegally brought back into Massachusetts into our communities of color.
They are demanding the following of S&W:
  1. Cease the manufacturing and distribution of all weapons outlawed under the 2004 Massachusetts Assault Weapons Ban including Attorney General Maura Healey’s CopyCat Weapon Enforcement.

2. Fund the research of Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence ($5,000,000), as Smith & Wesson does not monitor the illegal use of their weapons, or conduct advanced research pertaining to the violence caused by their weapons. The $5,000,000 is broken down as follows:
    • $1,000,000 in memory of the victims massacred in Aurora by a Smith and Wesson M&P 15
    • $1,000,000 in memory of the victims massacred in San Bernardino by a Smith and Wesson M&P 15
    • $1,000,000 in memory of the victims massacred in Parkland by a Smith and Wesson M&P 15
    • $2,000,000 in memory of the victims of countless everyday gun violence using Smith & Wesson weapons.

These semi-automatic weapons are being manufactured in Massachusetts, a state which doesn't allow the selling of Semi-Automatic weapons. These guns are sold in neighboring states like Maine and Vermont and then illegally brought back into Massachusetts into our communities of color.

Holy shit! That's not right. There should be a law against that. Wait...there already is? Well, then, there should be another law against it. It should be really, really illegal.

That will stop them.

I gotta go turn in all of my semi-auto weapons. Should I contact Swingline about my stapler? It's semi-auto as well.

Back
Top Bottom