• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

“Manslaughter is also the unlawful killing of another person or persons, but without any malice but still involves a “conscious disregard for human life.” Manslaughter can be voluntary or involuntary. Voluntary manslaughter is when the act of murder is committed in either the heat of passion or in the defense of yourself or others.”

The jury ignored the law. She didn’t know she had the gun in her hand so she didn’t consciously do anything. The defense has a good chance to get the verdict dismissed on appeal but an appeal will take at least a year or two

Any cop in Hennepin county Minnesota who doesn’t retire is a moron. Anything a cop does there will be a political cause for Keith Ellison. Potter had zero complaints against her in 26 years and they still went after her this hard.

The other 3 cops who were at the George Floyd scene are coming up for trial soon. One of the cops was on duty for only a few weeks at the time. It’s mob justice in Minneapolis

She got railroaded by the judge not instructing the difference in legalities between reckless and careless.

I have had interactions that were LEOs extremes. Murderer of his wife who blamed it on black youths and the officer who spent his own time and money to set up youth boxing and activities.

The only thing I see coming out of this verdict is the 'taser' is going to be left in the holster and more subjects are going to be shot.

The only thing I see coming out of this is that good cops are going to want to be off the beat and sail into retirement. That means that more rookie cops are going to get jammed up by bad prosecutors and incompetent judges.

The only thing I see coming out of this is that good cops are going to want to be off the beat and sail into retirement. That means that more rookie cops are going to get jammed up by bad prosecutors and incompetent judges.

Only the worst candidates will want to be cops in these blue areas which will mean more bad conduct. Many of these places, Oakland, San Francisco, Minneapolis etc are under staffed because they can’t get people to apply for openings. The voters in blue areas are going to get it good and hard. 2021 had record murder rates in many cities, I think that’s likely to go higher and higher. Cops understand the woke DAs will prosecute them, not criminals.

Give them nightsticks back and maybe the streets will quiet down again...
Minimum 3-person foot patrols.

View attachment 555524

Checks the "Less-Lethal" box...
✅
Those 'nice' old school cops would use those sticks on you in a heartbeat. People knew this back then, the world was more polite towards cops.
Only the worst candidates will want to be cops in these blue areas which will mean more bad conduct. Many of these places, Oakland, San Francisco, Minneapolis etc are under staffed because they can’t get people to apply for openings. The voters in blue areas are going to get it good and hard. 2021 had record murder rates in many cities, I think that’s likely to go higher and higher. Cops understand the woke DAs will prosecute them, not criminals.
They get plenty of applications. Even my old agency started getting less stringent on past arrests. When I applied, a DUI was a disqualification. Last I heard, if some number of years had passed, you were good to go. Same applies with more 'questionable' arrests/convictions.

I'm waiting to see this happen in Massachusetts, specifically Boston. It's only a matter of time before the madness comes here.

Guilty or not, one needs to know what's in your hand at all times. If the perp had a gun and she pulled a taser she'd be the dead one. Make a mistake like that (or the other way 'round) and you proved you've got no business being a cop.

Those 'nice' old school cops would use those sticks on you in a heartbeat. People knew this back then, the world was more polite towards cops.

They get plenty of applications. Even my old agency started getting less stringent on past arrests. When I applied, a DUI was a disqualification. Last I heard, if some number of years had passed, you were good to go. Same applies with more 'questionable' arrests/convictions.

Minneapolis has 650 cops, they’re short 200 from what they consider normal staffing levels. They really are not getting the applicants they need, and they definitely are not getting quality ones. Being a cop is a blue area is playing Russian roulette with your freedom

Guilty or not, one needs to know what's in your hand at all times. If the perp had a gun and she pulled a taser she'd be the dead one. Make a mistake like that (or the other way 'round) and you proved you've got no business being a cop.

The best surgeon, pilot, race driver, whatever still makes mistakes. If you watched the trial you would understand it’s something that happens regardless of the person or the level of training. Force Science explains "slips-and-capture errors"

Btw, the prosecution said she didn’t even have the legal right to use the taser in that situation. If your a criminal in Minneapolis, flee, the prosecutors don’t think the cops have any right to stop you.

one driver made a mistake in colorado, got 110 years of prison. it is a sign of times.

The sentence in that is absurd but that was a bit more than a mistake from what I’ve heard. He knew he lost his brakes or at minimum at issues with stopping and called into his dispatcher, passed several run away truck off ramps, etc. it wasn’t something that happened in seconds like this shooting or Rittenhouse getting attacked by the pedo rosenbaum

Another victory for the BLM'ers He was such a good child just turning himself around...If I was a cop I'd be turning a blinds eye to many things....Eventually one of this kids peeps would have killed him.

Wright was accused of shooting someone in the head (I believe a robbery or car jacking) shooting someone in the leg and a few weeks before he died, he’s accused of choking a woman and holding a gun to her in a robbery. He was a POS. His brother had a warrant too, mother had a felony drug warrant. A family full of trash.

The sentence in that is absurd but that was a bit more than a mistake from what I’ve heard. He knew he lost his brakes or at minimum at issues with stopping and called into his dispatcher, passed several run away truck off ramps, etc. it wasn’t something that happened in seconds like this shooting or Rittenhouse getting attacked by the pedo rosenbaum

According to one report the speed was 85 mph-recent immigrant with a green card can't help but to wonder if he has an X endorsement-doubles/triples ?

It’s how the pendulum swings. For so long things were at one end, where police were never accountable for anything they did, no matter how bad. And now cops are being held strictly accountable, even when it’s something not so bad. It sucks for her, considering all the things cops who are actually awful have gotten away with. She seems like she was probably halfway decent.

Women shouldn't be cops. We all know that. The first instance of police brutality I saw in my life was in 1988 and caused solely by a female who was a cop who shouldn't have been. I was eighteen and a security guard at the State Transportation Building by the Common. I was (trying to) detain four twenty-somethings who had broken the lever arm when walking into our parking garage. Two cops showed up, small female and a gigantic black guy. Small female cop tried to cuff one of the guys and couldn't do it because he was just drunk and out of it, not even actively resisting. She got bumped against the wall because she couldn't handle the job. Gigantic black cop cuffs him, kicks his legs out and he splits his chin hitting the pavement. Blood everywhere. I have no idea what happened after but I assume they wound up having to overcharge him because of the injury. Male cop would have just shoved him down, whatever, and cuffed him.

Wright was accused of shooting someone in the head (I believe a robbery or car jacking) shooting someone in the leg and a few weeks before he died, he’s accused of choking a woman and holding a gun to her in a robbery. He was a POS. His brother had a warrant too, mother had a felony drug warrant. A family full of trash.
Reportedly the family was allowed to testify as to the shootee's angellic nature, but the negative information could not be discussed or revealed at trial.

A routine question in these circumstances is "Who would you rather meet in a dark alley, the shooter or shootee?".

B I N G O!

Back
Top Bottom