Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

She’s a decorated cop that’s been on the force for 26 years. Im sure she’s a shite cop that has done nothing good for her force or community. So let’s hang her. This whole situation is her fault....,,,

This isn't that surprising. Gun proficiency isn't high on most forces list of priorities. They qual once a year and for the most part never pull there guns. Some are different, but overall most LEs have very limited time using both their gun and/or a taser. This lack of overall training is most likely what caused the shooting incident we are discussing. Doesn't mean your CoP isn't a good guy.

She has been on the force for 26 years and got all kinds of police flair...

Yet, in that 26 years of tireless public service and participation awards she was never taught to notice the difference between a Glock and a taser.

You are bending over so far backwards to make excuses for this complete idiot it's got to be somewhat uncomfortable for you.

Listen, you can call me an Antifa apologist all you want. Those who have interacted with me on here or know me in real life would fall over laughing at that assertion. I just don't excuse every thing cops do.
Yes, they are tasked with a dangerous shitty job, no doubt. They have to interact and deal with some of the worst in or society, no doubt. However, they are also given GREAT power, they have the ability to completely ruin lives state sanctioned! There should be strict guidelines and strict punishment's for abusing this power. Right now in our current situation they are not being held up to those guidelines. Far too often they are let off or it is swept under the rug and you know it to be fact! I simply don't AUTOMATICLY give the a pass because they have a shiny little badge on their chest. They are not hero's, they are simply people just like you and I. The difference is when I make a mistake and injure or negatively affect someone's life I am held accountable, when you make mistakes you get promoted.
And if you read my posts on this subject you would realize I agree with most everything your saying lol. Honestly I have never said cops are perfect or deserve QI, I just know how easy it is to be judged by people who are not wearing the same boots. There is corruption, incompetence, bad people mixed right in with ones that are good people and do a good job. As far as these incidents go it’s astonishing to me that people cannot understand that if you get pulled over or are told by a cop to show your hands or whatever your better off complying than fleeing or fighting regardless of the situation, every time I say that people confuse it with being a bootlicker or caving to a police state which is bullshit. I follow the same thing I preach here, just do what your told when they are talking to you during an interaction, you can iron it out one way or another if your innocent rather than fighting them. I figured my statement of a “Scared cop is just as dangerous as a thug with a gun” comment would prove that. I hate plenty of cops and supervisors I can promise you that, I also have some very dear and close friends in LE that I care about and it’s frustrating to see them getting lumped in with the shitbags wearing the same uniforms.

Last edited:
I’d say stress, not incompetence. You have no idea what was going through her head. They had no idea what he was doing. Was he going for a weapon, will he kill someone if he runs and they have to chase, will I make it home tonight, etc etc. as I said above. Cops are in a no win situation.
Huh? She doesn’t know taser from deadly force. Her training is inferior. The ol’ stress excuse. Not knowing left from right. It’s pure negligence and it cost a human life.

And if you read my posts on this subject you would realize I agree with most everything your saying lol. Honestly I have never said cops are perfect or deserve QI, I just know how easy it is to be judged by people who are not wearing the same boots. There is corruption, incompetence, bad people mixed right in with ones that are good people and do a good job. As far as these incidents go it’s astonishing to me that people cannot understand that if you get pulled over or are told by a cop to show your hands or whatever your better off complying than fleeing or fighting regardless of the situation, every time I say that people confuse it with being a bootlicker or caving to a police state which is bullshit. I follow the same thing I preach here, just do what your told when they are talking to you during an interaction, you can iron it out one way or another if your innocent rather than fighting them. I figured my statement of a “Scared cop is just as dangerous as a thug with a gun” comment would prove that. I hate plenty of cops and supervisors I can promise you that, I also have some very dear and close friends in LE that I care about.
I think our only real disagreement here is that I don't think a suspect "stupidly and wrongly" trying to resist arrest automatically deserves a death sentence by the government agents on the street.
I have always lived by respect the police and fight the battle in the courts. I have been pulled over more than I would like to admit. However, I am always polite and cooperative, this has lead to there never being any more problems than a ticket. So yes I do agree that the suspect caused all this with his actions. I just don't excuse the death penalty here and think the officer should face punishment for her actions.

The real impact and tragedy of these events are the impact on law-abiding citizens. The demonization of police will have a tremendous negative impact in the community. Crime will rise, and the police will be responding to take a report only. Apprehensions are going to he a thing of the past. The brave men who stand ready to do violence in your place are no longer willing to, and you shouldn't sleep well at night knowing that. Cops get paid the same to fight a criminal as they do for taking a report about a past crime. So don't expect a robust response when it'd your time of need. The old adage "when seconds count the police are minutes away" will prove true and you won't like it when you the one counting the seconds...

I think our only real disagreement here is that I don't think a suspect "stupidly and wrongly" trying to resist arrest automatically deserves a death sentence by the government agents on the street.
I have always lived by respect the police and fight the battle in the courts. I have been pulled over more than I would like to admit. However, I am always polite and cooperative, this has lead to there never being any more problems than a ticket. So yes I do agree that the suspect caused all this with his actions. I just don't excuse the death penalty here and think the officer should face punishment for her actions.
And again I never once said this kid deserved to die, he didn’t but his actions had a trickle down effect and the end result was him going into the ground forever. I mean to put your life in the balance in a potentially scared, poorly trained, incompetent Officer by fleeing or fighting is not a smart play. These people should know this by now, black or white it don’t matter. It’s front page news anytime a cop shoots someone especially if they are black and it’s a white cop and it’s the same thing over and over again. Stupid actions result in a potentially stupid response from a cop.

She has been on the force for 26 years and got all kinds of police flair...

Yet, in that 26 years of tireless public service and participation awards she was never taught to notice the difference between a Glock and a taser.

You are bending over so far backwards to make excuses for this complete idiot it's got to be somewhat uncomfortable for you.

I know where I stand on the subject. It's differs from some and is the same as others. I'm not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine. So basically I leave it at that. We disagree and that's OK.

And again I never once said this kid deserved to die, he didn’t but his actions had a trickle down effect and the end result was him going into the ground forever. I mean to put your life in the balance in a potentially scared, poorly trained, incompetent Officer by fleeing or fighting is not a smart play. These people should know this by now, black or white it don’t matter. It’s front page news anytime a cop shoots someone especially if they are black and it’s a white cop and it’s the same thing over and over again. Stupid actions result in a potentially stupid response from a cop.
I agree with you

His life was not due to the choices he made. His life was due to negligence by professionals.

His life choices are a factor that led him to his fate. He had a warrant out for his arrest for illegally carrying a firearm. Any cop would be crazy not to think that he could likely have another firearm in the car. Yes, he shouldn’t have been shot but he made his fair share of bad choices as well.

As always on these situations there is plenty of fail to go around.

Bob

Huh? She doesn’t know taser from deadly force. Her training is inferior. The ol’ stress excuse. Not knowing left from right. It’s pure negligence and it cost a human life.
Taser companies have warned about this for a very long time and yes they do train on it.

I learned yesterday that a large part of this forum will call you a racist for believing we should be held accountable for our actions.

I think it's short sighted to think that she's not going to be held accountable. In the current situation of that area she will definitely have repercussions. Fairly confident that her life as a LE is pretty much done at this point. Basically two lives irreversibly effected because the guy decided to make a run for it.

I think it's short sighted to think that she's not going to be held accountable. In the current situation of that area she will definitely have repercussions. Fairly confident that her life as a LE is pretty much done at this point. Basically two lives irreversibly effected because the guy decided to make a run for it.
I see her being the next Chauvin, and sadly this kid is the next George Floyd, golden coffin and all. In reality this is what happens when bad decisions collide and unfortunately with our current state of media nuance and context is out the window

It’s amazing how in police encounters some people think that as long as the person in the police encounter does anything at all wrong, then the cops can never themselves be wrong, and anything that happens up to and including death is that persons fault.

Of course if we apply the same exact rationale but flip it around, they couldn’t agree less. Imagine if I said if the police pulled someone over for a broken tail light when they didn’t have a broken tail light, which is wrong, then if the person pulled over kills said cop it’s the cops fault, how that would go over.

God forbid a bootlicker simply acknowledges that it’s possible the guy was wrong AND the cop was wrong too!

I mean Christ, even the cop who shot him knew she messed up! But nope, according to Rockrvr1, totally the guys fault, she’s a highly competent saint.

This is the root of 90+ % of the problem. You got people who lose sight of this basic fact

If he did not try to escape or flee or whatever. Then none of what happened would matter.

Did he contribute to what caused his death?

Basic facts like a cop thinking just had a taser when she actually had a gun and shoots and kills him unintentionally? Do you think that contributed to his death?

Funny how it’s people losing sight up basic facts yet only in one direction.

I mean Christ, even the cop who shot him knew she messed up! But nope, according to Rockrvr1, totally the guys fault, she’s a highly competent saint.

Never said she didn't do something wrong. Look at my post #355. She going to go down for this. My point is that this was all caused because the perp decided to make a run for it. If he didn't try to run then both of these people would be moving on with their lives today.

My point is that this was all caused because the perp decided to make a run for it.

I understand this is your point. See, it’s ALL his fault. You say it here again blaming him entirely for HER mistake. He’d also still be alive if she hadn’t shot him.

Last edited:
It’s amazing how in police encounters some people think that as long as the person in the police encounter does anything at all wrong, then the cops can never themselves be wrong, and anything that happens up to and including death is that persons fault.

Of course if we apply the same exact rationale but flip it around, they couldn’t agree less. Imagine if I said if the police pulled someone over for a broken tail light when they didn’t have a broken tail light, which is wrong, then if the person pulled over kills said cop it’s the cops fault, how that would go over.

God forbid a bootlicker simply acknowledges that it’s possible the guy was wrong AND the cop was wrong too!

Everyone sucks in this situation. I will say that the cop should be held to a higher standard than any random civilian. Whats really digging at me is that we all know how the narrative is gonna go down. Evil white women with a badge murders unarmed black man in cold blood.
An honest headline would read "Young man shot dead by police after tense confrontation and resisting arrest, Officer claims to have mistaken pistol for taser"
She will be absolutely eviscerated and her life destroyed before the situation can be analyzed by folks that arent just arguing on the internet

Basic facts like a cop thinking just had a taser when she actually had a gun and shoots and kills him unintentionally? Do you think that contributed to his death?

Funny how it’s people losing sight up basic facts yet only in one direction.
Just read and quote my other posts and you will get it. Maybe

I understand this is your point. See, it’s ALL his fault. You again say it hear again blaming him entirely for HER mistake. He’d also still be alive if she hadn’t shot him.

And she wouldn't have had cause to reach if he hadn't run.

You can be mad at the fact she drew the wrong tool. Absolutely no one is disagreeing with that. End of the day, it's the choice to try and vacate that caused it.

I understand this is your point. See, it’s ALL his fault. You again say it hear again blaming him entirely for HER mistake. He’d also still be alive if she hadn’t shot him.

That's the way I see it. Was it wrong that she shot him instead of tasering him? Yep. Would that have happened if he didn't make a run for it? Nope Cause and effect.

Back
Top Bottom