Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

So what though? The only reason to say it seems to be to begin to excuse the incompetent moron who shot him.

I’d say stress, not incompetence. You have no idea what was going through her head. They had no idea what he was doing. Was he going for a weapon, will he kill someone if he runs and they have to chase, will I make it home tonight, etc etc. as I said above. Cops are in a no win situation.

So what though? The only reason to say it seems to be to begin to excuse the incompetent moron who shot him.
I’m not saying that at all, go through my posts and read what I posted. I promise you will not find anything like that that I posted. What it means is that F’Kin stupid mistake never would have happened if this idiot complied and didn’t get loose from that other F’Kin idiot cop, but he decided to not comply and guess what? He is not Alive

I’d say stress, not incompetence. You have no idea what was going through her head. They had no idea what he was doing. Was he going for a weapon, will he kill someone if he runs and they have to chase, will I make it home tonight, etc etc. as I said above. Cops are in a no win situation.

If she can't handle the stress of that situation without getting so flustered that she grabs her glock and shoots the kid she is too incompetent for the job. And f*** that "was he going for a weapon," "will I make it home tonight?" bullshit. You're just making yourself sound like an apologist.

That is always the go to response from LEO-types. Is it OK to criticize LEO for their performance, without being told to go do it myself if I don't like it? Or is it that this particular case, the only solution is a mis-fired taser which turned out to be a gun? I think its OK for us to expect better without being told I need to "buck up". Maybe y'all should start taking accountability for bad eggs instead of just deflecting and telling me how stressful it is, as if working people don't understand stress.

Edited to add: yes, I believe I could do a better job in this particular case.

I’d like to see that. Stress sitting behind a desk as a deadline comes isn’t the same as wondering whether a scumbag is going to kill someone or you.

I’m not saying that at all, go through my posts and read what I posted. I promise you will not find anything like that that I posted. What it means is that F’Kin stupid mistake never would have happened if this idiot complied and didn’t get loose from that other F’Kin idiot cop, but he decided to not comply and guess what? He is not Alive

You're right about that, no doubt. His actions led to his death. They shouldn't have, but they did.

Late to this latest party, but here's my take. Daunte shouldn't have run, but he shouldn't have had a warrant in the first place. Why? The original issue/horrible deplorable crime that started this snowball was he was carrying a pistol w/o a license. I know, to most Anti's that's a crime against humanity to own a gun, let alone carry one while under 21.

Seriously, I thought we were all for small government and gun rights here? Do they not apply to young adults 18-20? Wasn't there a segment of people on NES who were saying in November that the laws are f*cking pointless because if you can steal and election why should any of us obey any new gun control laws? I won't bring up him being Black, although everyone here knows as well as I do that the Democrats view young, armed Black men like the Grim Reaper and have used them to pass gun control laws going back to the 1800s.

Look, we've all been around, who here back in their teens and 20s didn't know others who were underage who were drinking alcohol and/or smoking weed? Nobody. Who here hasn't taken a selfie of themselves with a gun or taken a picture of a gun they own?

Y'all are seriously sounding like boomers.

We all like to play little gangsters on the inside, everybody likes to play an outlaw, but there's a difference between playing outlaw and being an outlaw and if we're gonna say that some 19/20 year old Black kid who posts silly things on Twitter about running from cops like he's Harrison Ford in The Fugitive, whose got pics of himself drinking and smokin' a blunt who's carrying a pistol without a license should not be allowed to do that when the 2nd Amendment says he has a right to do so, then we've got some issues with consistency in our beliefs.

That having been said, Daunte shouldn't have tried running, least of all jumping in the car with his ho in the passenger seat to get in a high speed chase. He deserved to get shocked by the Taser, but the grandma diversity hire cop who has probably been a counter jockey most her career, f*cked up royally pulling her Glock instead of the Taser.

I've seen the "I meant to use the Taser/I thought it was a Taser" excuse before and here's the deal: you are a police officer, the department spends upwards disgusting amounts of money on equipment, training, testing, etc. to make an officer proficient in their duty. At over 25 years on the force you should not be making the Taser mistake because if the Taser mistake is going to be accepted and every time a cop goes for the Taser and pulls out the 9mm or .40 pistol and kills a suspect, we're gonna have a lot of dead people who don't deserve or need to die.

I don't want to hear the "just obey and nothing bad will happen" bullshit, you may as well just say if someone resists arrest they deserve to be executed. I say if you resist arrest, you're gonna get hurt, but I do not equate attempting to flee to be tantamount to attempting to kill a police officer. Apparently the grandma with the Taser didn't think he was too much of a threat because she intended to use the Taser and not her pistol.

But, for those here who like their militarized police state where every cop can be Judge Dredd... you know if you like your militarized police state, you can keep your militarized police state. Just don't complain when your militarized police state is turned on you to take your guns.
I appreciate you saying this! It has been interesting and disheartening to hear the limited government crowd side with cops in many of these instances.

And the pro 2nd Amendment crowd.

If she can't handle the stress of that situation without getting so flustered that she grabs her glock and shoots the kid she is too incompetent for the job. And f*** that "was he going for a weapon," "will I make it home tonight?" bullshit. You're just making yourself sound like an apologist.

Nope, just no a hater either. But go ahead and take the side of the scumbag. I get it. You hate cops.

That is always the go to response from LEO-types. Is it OK to criticize LEO for their performance, without being told to go do it myself if I don't like it? Or is it that this particular case, the only solution is a mis-fired taser which turned out to be a gun? I think its OK for us to expect better without being told I need to "buck up". Maybe y'all should start taking accountability for bad eggs instead of just deflecting and telling me how stressful it is, as if working people don't understand stress.

Edited to add: yes, I believe I could do a better job in this particular case.
Give me a break, working people and stress is entirely different than the stresses of LE in so many different ways that it’s not even worth trying to explain to someone like you. You believe you could do a better job? Then do everyone a favor and go through an Acadamy and show everyone how it’s done big guy.

This is narrative LEO has stood behind for decades. Body cams are shattering that trope. No win situation? Not likely, I saw a half dozen things that could have been done with that stop yesterday that would have insured everyone went home alive. Stress? If you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen.

I get it. Your a cop hater. Anything they do is wrong and the scumbag is ok for making a run for it. You and I will never agree on this. I personally think most LEs are good people just trying to do their job. If you think you could do better buck up and try to do that job and see how you perform in that high stress position.
What I'm doing now pays the bills just fine and also I don't like being forced to arrest people for bullshit gun charges.

This is narrative LEO has stood behind for decades. Body cams are shattering that trope. No win situation? Not likely, I saw a half dozen things that could have been done with that stop yesterday that would have insured everyone went home alive. Stress? If you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen.

She’s a decorated cop that’s been on the force for 26 years. Im sure she’s a shite cop that has done nothing good for her force or community. So let’s hang her. This whole situation is her fault....,,,

I’d like to see that. Stress sitting behind a desk as a deadline comes isn’t the same as wondering whether a scumbag is going to kill someone or you.

Well, you have no idea about my stress so I'll let your comment go.

But seriously, if the job is so stressful that a person can't distinguish she's holding a taser, then I don't think she should be in the street? Can't we admit that, at least? I always find, that stress is reduced when doing my job the right way. What I saw on that video was not the right way.

She’s a decorated cop that’s been on the force for 26 years. Im sure she’s a shite cop that has done nothing good for her force or community. So let’s hang her. This whole situation is her fault....,,,

A whole lifetime can be undone by one bad day. No matter how many special police ribbons you collect.

He's dead over a bogus misdemeanor charge, that hadn't even been adjudicated yet. That's a bad day.

Was the whole situation her fault? Absolutely not. But the part about her thinking she had a taser then kills the guy, yeah that's definitely her fault.

Taking away everything we have posted in this thread will not change the simple fact that if this idiot complied he would still be alive.
How do we know this? Maybe when the officer went to write the suspect a summons she would have yelled "pencil" and shot him.

I'm not anti-cop or pro-cop. I'm a realist. There are mostly good cops, some bad cops, and some incompetent cops. Overall I'm confident we are better off with cops. When I see the cops in my town I wave. I'm glad to have them.

But this example, where a cop shoots someone while either pretending to try to taser them OR really trying to taser them is not a supporting example of how we know that if we just comply everything will go well for us.

If I was in her shoes, I'd have the George Floyd trial foremost in my mind and not do anything unnecessary that could result in serious injury to any Black suspect. If I was her, I would have let him jump into the car and sped off and be someone else's problem. Instead she f*cked up in the worst way possible and now a city already on edge went over the edge and she bears a large part of the blame.

I looked at the initial charge with the Ruger .45, it happened in late June 2020, 4 weeks after the Floyd riots. I honestly cannot put any blame on Daunte for carrying a gun at that time, the city was practically lawless. I also don't blame him for running from the cops because after the Floyd video, he could have been the next Black dead with a knee on his neck.

Waving the gun around, IDK why he was doing it, whether it was to warn others off (flashing a piece can be effective in that way, it beats warning shots) or if he was trying to act gangsta. Dunno, whatever the case, nobody got hurt, so no harm, no foul.

Thus, this isn't activity of a hardcore criminal: it's activity of a young, dumb, scared kid.

Personally, when the Floyd riots were happening and there was a little BLM parade in my town just down the street that was planned, I was pretty nervous when I went to work that night. As such, I had a little something with me that wasn't necessarily done "by the book."

Guess I'm a hardcore criminal, better pump me full of lead I'm such a fugging danger to society.

Imagine being in Minneapolis around that time...

I’m saying if he didn’t try to run he’d be alive. I’m firmly in the camp of play stupid games win stupid prize.

It sounds like you are saying if he had complied, he would alive today? George Floyd complied.

What we need more of is cops complying and doing their job the right way.

@T-Unit Keep making excuses. Your giving the kid a free pass for breaking away from the cop and driving off in his car? Because he was scared? If anything people should look at that stupid Floyd incident and realize that that scumbag would be alive today if he just complied as well. Prove me wrong. When the cops got you, take your pinch like a man and accept it, time and time again we see these idiots get shot because they are not smart enough to just allow the cops to secure them. I’ve said it before and I will say it again a scared cop is just as dangerous as a thug with a gun.

If I was in her shoes, I'd have the George Floyd trial foremost in my mind and not do anything unnecessary that could result in serious injury to any Black suspect. If I was her, I would have let him jump into the car and sped off and be someone else's problem. Instead she f*cked up in the worst way possible and now a city already on edge went over the edge and she bears a large part of the blame.

I looked at the initial charge with the Ruger .45, it happened in late June 2020, 4 weeks after the Floyd riots. I honestly cannot put any blame on Daunte for carrying a gun at that time, the city was practically lawless. I also don't blame him for running from the cops because after the Floyd video, he could have been the next Black dead with a knee on his neck.

Waving the gun around, IDK why he was doing it, whether it was to warn others off (flashing a piece can be effective in that way, it beats warning shots) or if he was trying to act gangsta. Dunno, whatever the case, nobody got hurt, so no harm, no foul.

Thus, this isn't activity of a hardcore criminal: it's activity of a young, dumb, scared kid.

Personally, when the Floyd riots were happening and there was a little BLM parade in my town just down the street that was planned, I was pretty nervous when I went to work that night. As such, I had a little something with me that wasn't necessarily done "by the book."

Guess I'm a hardcore criminal, better pump me full of lead I'm such a fugging danger to society.

Imagine being in Minneapolis around that time...

Not buying it. First off who’s to say that the perp wasn’t thinking about GF himself and figured the cops would not do anything because of it. Also you don’t just let a perp leave because you’re afraid of the GF situation. What if he ran and subsequently ran over a mother and child in a crosswalk. Then where would the blame go? It’s a no win situation. The perp played the game and he won a losing prize. I’m not saying she didn’t make a mistake. That’s in the video. But the perp pushed the situation to the outcome that happened.

You know what - I was looking at a still shot of the gun. She is holding it really weak - almost like you would hold a Taser. I would think a trained/seasoned officer would not be holding a full size pistol like that - even the heat of the moment.... Maybe she did think it was her taser.

That still does not change the fact that if this guy would have just complied - none of this would have happened. And, he's no hero

It sounds like you are saying if he had complied, he would alive today? George Floyd complied.

What we need more of is cops complying and doing their job the right way.
This is where you don’t know what your talking about. Floyd didn’t comply, he dropped to the ground instead of letting the cops put him in the cruiser, had he done that ihe would have been out on the street being a shitbag after his $40 bail got posted a few hours later.

I appreciate you saying this! It has been interesting and disheartening to hear the limited government crowd side with cops in many of these instances.

And the pro 2nd Amendment crowd.
The hypocrisy with MAGA and the pro-2A crowd is pretty astonishing really, but it's not unheard of. Remember the Philandro Castille shooting that happening in Minneapolis in 2016 with the Black guy who had the CCW and he told the cop and the cop freaked out, he kept telling him I got the permit and the cop shot him? Utter silence from the NRA, other gun lobbies, and really everyone in the community.

We want smaller, limited government for a reason because they make criminals out of people who should not be considered criminals. Either we put that belief to the test or we should accept that the 2nd Amendment has limitations and the government gets to set them.

@T-Unit Keep making excuses. Your giving the kid a free pass for breaking away from the cop and driving off in his car? Because he was scared? If anything people should look at that stupid Floyd incident and realize that that scumbag would be alive today if he just complied as well. Prove me wrong. When the cops got you, take your pinch like a man and accept it, time and time again we see these idiots get shot because they are not smart enough to just allow the cops to secure them. I’ve said it before and I will say it again a scared cop is just as dangerous as a thug with a gun.
Do you have any reading comprehension? I was talking about his initial arrest for the gun that started this thing with the failure to appear and the outstanding warrant, not what happened on Sunday.

He should have never tried to drive away in the car, but he never should have been asked to get out so they could arrest him for a warrant on a bullshit gun charge.

Taking away everything we have posted in this thread will not change the simple fact that if this idiot complied he would still be alive.
How do you excuse the fact that she executed him for a crime that doesn't carry the death penalty? You excuse everything cops do. They can do no wrong in your eyes even when there is video evidence of them being totally in the wrong. We have allowed police to go to deadly force way too soon and too often.
Should he have tried to run? Absolutely not! Should he have been executed for it? Absolutely not! Should officer diversity hire be in jail? Absolutely YES!!!!!!!! Your mistake killed someone.
We have a police problem in this county and way to many of you on here turn a blind eye simply because it mostly comes down on the poor and minority. Well guess what, they don't respect you or I any more than they do the ghetto hood rat's. They are just keeping them busy right now, when they are told too they well gleefully turn their tools of oppression to you. Don't worry, it won't be long before we will get our turn in the real life version of GTA.

Tell us Rock, what exactly made a 20 year old kid a scumbag? What'd he do exactly before he got pulled over that made him a deplorable?

How do you excuse the fact that she executed him for a crime that doesn't carry the death penalty? You excuse everything cops do. They can do no wrong in your eyes even when there is video evidence of them being totally in the wrong. We have allowed police to go to deadly force way too soon and too often.
Should he have tried to run? Absolutely not! Should he have been executed for it? Absolutely not! Should officer diversity hire be in jail? Absolutely YES!!!!!!!! Your mistake killed someone.
We have a police problem in this county and way to many of you on here turn a blind eye simply because it mostly comes down on the poor and minority. Well guess what, they don't respect you or I any more than they do the ghetto hood rat's. They are just keeping them busy right now, when they are told too they well gleefully turn their tools of oppression to you. Don't worry, it won't be long before we will get our turn in the real life version of GTA.
Show me where I am excusing her for killing him? Also show me where I always excuse cops for doing the wrong thing?

Back
Top Bottom