• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

Because we don't agree with you we are "Usual Suspects"? What exactly does that mean?

It means you are attempting to downplay her error by attributing fault to the dead guy and take the blame off of her. Victim blaming to excuse police misconduct is a common theme for some people. He’s saying you are one the those people. I’m not sure if you are, I’d have to look at your other posts, but that’s what he means.

I absolutely agree with everything your saying but I want to know if you can at least accept the fact that if the kid just complied and didn’t try to get away the trickle down affect wouldn’t have made the negligent incident happen? The cop should be held accountable for her negligence 100% I just want to know if you can be reasonable is all.
I agree with your POV. I look at it like a Terry Stop. With no reasonable suspicion, you cannot forgo 4A. Same thing with “non-compliance leads to escalation”. I see you viewpoint, but noncompliance should not mean open season to do QI stuff.

Had the cops not pulled him over.

Had he not been arrested and had a warrant.

Had there not been an unconstitutional law prohibiting the carry without a permit.

We can go on all day like this.

God forbid people take responsibility for their actions, I know. She pulled the trigger. That’s on her. He’s dead. Her disregard for human life is nobody’s fault but her own. If she had shot the other cop and killed him instead would you be blaming the dead cop too? After all, had he not botched the arrest and got in her way, he wouldn’t have been shot! See, his fault.

Maybe this is the problem................. this guy called it weeks before it actually happened:

View: https://twitter.com/CovfefeAnon/status/1381673777549955086

I’ve always found the keyboard warrior attack to be highly ironic when written by someone on a keyboard. You’ve made some valid points, but this (highly ironic) ad hominem is not one of them.
Fair point. I’m just a little annoyed is all, I’m not immune to being an ass myself and I’m well aware of it

I would say the same thing I been saying in this whole thread. It doesn’t change for me regardless if it’s a black thug kid or a white gun owner. After the dust settles then fire the cop and charge him/her
How'd that work out for Eugene Stamps? Cop still on the force and no charges against him. This is why we have a problem. You think the system will play out, unfortunately when it comes to the states agents doing wrong, we the peons usually don't win.
I know you don't back all cops and I don't want to continue with the back and forth as it isn't going anywhere. Yes he shouldn't have resisted but that doesn't always keep you from being executed by the government agent.
The problem is we want equal justice for those put into such a position of absolute power. Right now there isn't and this is causing most of the problems.
I absolutely do not side with the left or their staked out positions. On the other hand you cannot look at the current situation of policing in this country and not lay part of the blame at the officers and the police culture as a cause.

It means you are attempting to downplay her error by attributing fault to the dead guy and take the blame off of her. Victim blaming to excuse police misconduct is a common theme for some people. He’s saying you are one the those people. I’m not sure if you are, I’d have to look at your other posts, but that’s what he means.

I actually don't disagree with this explaination. I believe what happened to him is the direct result of his attempt to run. My question though about what makes me a "Usual Suspect" is what I'd like him to answer. I typically stay out of these conversations unless I feel very strongly about it, which I do in this thread. Not sure how disagreeing with his point makes me a "Usual Suspect" but I guess I'll wait and see how he replies.

Maybe this is the problem................. this guy called it weeks before it actually happened:

View: https://twitter.com/CovfefeAnon/status/1381673777549955086

Absolutely eerie watching that.

Im a strong believer of the Joe Rogan idea that all cops should be mandatory black belts in some form of martial arts to prevent this kind of escalation by a female cop who cannot duke it out with a male suspect without the precise training needed to bring down larger aggressors.

How'd that work out for Eugene Stamps? Cop still on the force and no charges against him. This is why we have a problem. You think the system will play out, unfortunately when it comes to the states agents doing wrong, we the peons usually don't win.
I know you don't back all cops and I don't want to continue with the back and forth as it isn't going anywhere. Yes he shouldn't have resisted but that doesn't always keep you from being executed by the government agent.
The problem is we want equal justice for those put into such a position of absolute power. Right now there isn't and this is causing most of the problems.
I absolutely do not side with the left or their staked out positions. On the other hand you cannot look at the current situation of policing in this country and not lay part of the blame at the officers and the police culture as a cause.
Again I honestly agree with everything your saying. I’m against QI and covering up corruption ect.. We are good, we both understand where we are both coming from.

We can go on all day like this.

Sure we can. Only difference is that, while I expect her to be charged and prosecuted for her mistakes in the event, there is simply no point that you see fit to expect Wright be held accountable for his own choices.

God forbid people take responsibility for their actions, I know. She pulled the trigger. That’s on her. He’s dead.

Mmmhmmm. And as I said- I look forward to charges so that she can bear her part in being responsible for the outcome. Questioning what her failing in training was is to ascertain if this is a departmental issue and can be rectified, or only on the individual. That's not a denial of her culpability, but trying to not have such events occur in the future.

Now why do you believe that, as a 20 year old man, Wright was incapable of being responsible for his own decisions?

explaination. I believe what happened to him is the direct result of his attempt to run.

That would be an indirect result. What happened was a direct result of her shooting him.

Either way, since when do we get to blame someone’s mistake and inappropriate response on someone else? Had she taser him, an appropriate response, you’d have a point.

Read my above posts. Pretty clear on this point. She's at fault for shooting him instead of tasing him. But it wouldn't have happened if he didn't try to run. Cause and effect.

There’s an old adage (or maybe there isn’t, but there should be) that says you can confidently ignore everything that is said prior to a “but” xyz.

“She shouldn’t have done that BUT he should not have tried to run” translates to, “It’s his fault for trying to run”.

Sure we can. Only difference is that, while I expect her to be charged and prosecuted for her mistakes in the event, there is simply no point that you see fit to expect Wright be held accountable for his own choices.

Now why do you believe that, as a 20 year old man, Wright was incapable of being responsible for his own decisions?

Being tased and arrested would be being held accountable for his choices, not being shot and killed. This isn’t an insignificant difference.

They were grilling the “acting chief” at the press conference for his plans to take care of this so doesn’t happen again. He said “I don’t have a plan, I was elected Chief an hour ago”
Fair and reasonable response, to be honest.

I mean, they obliterated the town manager last night for stating that the officers should be afforded due process under the law, and council members fired him because they were afraid of the mob.

And so it goes.

They were grilling the “acting chief” at the press conference for his plans to take care of this so doesn’t happen again. He said “I don’t have a plan, I was elected Chief an hour ago”
He was put on the spot but he might have been better off saying “I’m working on a plan” but he knows deep down nobody can promise this will never happen again regardless of who is in charge. If he has the time in to retire he should.

Being tased and arrested would be being held accountable for his choices, not being shot and killed. This isn’t an insignificant difference.

Garbage BS collectivist response predicated on his being shot rather than tased, and not on his acting like an adult at any point prior.

Should have expected such, because it wasn't it was never about him abiding by the process that the rest of the law abiding people in the community do every day, but how everyone else responded to him.

Fair and reasonable response, to be honest.

I mean, they obliterated the town manager last night for stating that the officers should be afforded due process under the law, and council members fired him because they were afraid of the mob.

And so it goes.

That’s a pretty asinine reason to fire someone. With that said, how often do officials when addressing none state agents accused of crimes emphasize the same thing? Not too often. And that’s why we are in the place where we are at now. Extreme overreactions because the prior standard was no accountability at all. Hopefully soon we’ll find that middle of equal accountability regardless of one’s occupation.

I think you are acting pretty childish right now, so I suppose if someone were to kill you, it would be your fault? Is that how this works?

People with, and maintaining, self control, don't get tased. People who instead show need of others to exercise control over them, do.

He was being lawfully arrested on a warrant and used force to attempt flight. Such was the point at which tasing was justified. The negligence or criminality of the wrong tool being drawn is up for debate. What isn't was his application of force in the attempt to flee.

Doesn't matter if you believe that the use of the firearm rather than the taser was intentional, or vice versa. That choice was the point officers on the scene had cause and recourse to put their hands on their belts and come up with a weapon- non-lethal or otherwise.

Like you said- we can do this all day. And like I said- you can't find any point to put any responsibility for the outcome on Wright, even when in the final moments he set it all in motion.

TLDR: she's responsible for pulling a gun instead of a taser; he's responsible for making her pull. But some just can't accept that reality.

they obliterated the town manager last night for stating that the officers should be afforded due process under the law, and council members fired him because they were afraid of the mob.
That’s a pretty asinine reason to fire someone. With that said, how often do officials when addressing none state agents accused of crimes emphasize the same thing? Not too often. And that’s why we are in the place where we are at now. Extreme overreactions because the prior standard was no accountability at all. Hopefully soon we’ll find that middle of equal accountability regardless of one’s occupation.
It really is. Out of fear of rioting, Brooklyn Center city council meeting voted 4-1 to fire city manager Curt Boganey. Only one councilor, Dan Ryan, voted against the measure.
StarTribune said:
Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said she voted to remove the city manager because she feared for her property and retaliation by protestors if she had voted to keep him. "He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly," she said. "I didn't want repercussions at a personal level."
Coward.

He was put on the spot but he might have been better off saying “I’m working on a plan” but he knows deep down nobody can promise this will never happen again regardless of who is in charge. If he has the time in to retire he should.
Yeah I would be want it thrown into this mess I check my time and be outta there!!

It really is. Out of fear of rioting, Brooklyn Center city council meeting voted 4-1 to fire city manager Curt Boganey. Only one councilor, Dan Ryan, voted against the measure.

Coward.
Don’t worry these same people will get lit up
If they are in the Antifa & BLM line of fire, their BLM, Biden, Hate has no home here signs won’t save them from looting shitbags regardless.

Back
Top Bottom