Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

Also Im not gonna lie, my head is spinning and because deep down at the core of it this young man deserves to own a firearm under the constitution and the laws we will hear used to call him a criminal are the exact ones they will use to victimize all of us on this forum,.

I think all of us are an unflattering picture and a traffic stop away from being murdered by the state and having unconstitutional gun laws be the justification.

Some of you guys are getting way too heated arguing, when there are still important mysteries here to uncover.

1) Someone previously noted there was no sound of gunshot, no flash, no muzzle flip (despite a one-handed grip), no slide cycling, no ejection of the spent casing . . . . is that ALL explained away by a crappy bodycam, that nevertheless managed to capture a lot of other detail?

2) That female cop is nearing 50 y.o. -- how does she maintain this amazing complexion, if this is a recent picture? Tight, wrinkle free skin! N/G.

3) Given that the female officer was yelling "taser," why didn't the male cop on the passenger side start shooting at the suspect when (if) he heard a gunshot? Logically, he would deduce that the gun fire was coming from the suspect, if his colleague was making it known she was only deploying a taser.

4) Aren't their duty belt setups supposed to be the same? The male officer attempting to handcuff the suspect had his taser holstered on the left, opposite his pistol on the right. You would think that it would be hard to mistake a cross over left side draw for a right side draw, even if under stress.

Attachments

• kim-potter.jpg
    kim-potter.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I can now understand why LEO is so against the Body Cam. LEO really love to run from their accountability (stress! training!). Without the Body Cam this woman would be having another special ribbon ceremony today and planning the parade!

How come that cop couldn't/didn't cuff him when his hands were behind his back ?

Seems like he gave up once the kid struggled and the womans 26 years of "instincts and training" took over.

I am just getting sick of this country being torn down because of the actions of a few individuals. i know some people cheer the burning of cities because they are Liberal, but they are still cities in the USA being burnt down and destroyed with the blessing of special interest groups.

Did he contribute to what caused his death?
A police encounter does not mean automatic death warrant. Police use deadly force only for self-defense; when they’re posed with a deadly threat and they respond back with deadly force.
In this case, the suspect did not pose a deadly threat. Police were trying to subdue him for resisting arrest, thus the call for a taser.
And again, deadly force was negligibly used on a non-deadly threat. His life is gone due to negligence, not because he put himself in a police encounter.

I can now understand why LEO is so against the Body Cam. LEO really love to run from their accountability (stress! training!). Without the Body Cam this woman would be having another special ribbon ceremony today and planning the parade!

Weren't you just up in here complaining about gaslighting?

How come that cop couldn't/didn't cuff him when his hands were behind his back ?

Seems like he gave up once the kid struggled and the womans 26 years of "instincts and training" took over.

I am just getting sick of this country being torn down because of the actions of a few individuals. i know some people cheer the burning of cities because they are Liberal, but they are still cities in the USA being burnt down and destroyed with the blessing of special interest groups.

Celebrating any of the violence to follow is exactly why we no longer deserve this Republic. What hurts the Nation anywhere hurts all of us, like it or not we are a loose collective, not that you could tell by looking at us as a country nowadays. We all pay for burning, looting and state payouts for police misconduct by virtue of our taxes, many of which go to rebuild the same cities that will be torched

It’s amazing how in police encounters some people think that as long as the person in the police encounter does anything at all wrong, then the cops can never themselves be wrong, and anything that happens up to and including death is that persons fault.

Of course if we apply the same exact rationale but flip it around, they couldn’t agree less. Imagine if I said if the police pulled someone over for a broken tail light when they didn’t have a broken tail light, which is wrong, then if the person pulled over kills said cop it’s the cops fault, how that would go over.

God forbid a bootlicker simply acknowledges that it’s possible the guy was wrong AND the cop was wrong too!

I mean Christ, even the cop who shot him knew she messed up! But nope, according to Rockrvr1, totally the guys fault, she’s a highly competent saint.
It's the cops job to pull people over with broken taillights so your argument doesn't hold water.

A police encounter does not mean automatic death warrant. Police use deadly force only for self-defense; when they’re posed with a deadly threat and they respond back with deadly force.
In this case, the suspect did not pose a deadly threat. Police were trying to subdue him for resisting arrest, thus the call for a taser.
And again, deadly force was negligibly used on a non-deadly threat. His life is gone due to negligence, not because he put himself in a police encounter.
I absolutely agree with everything your saying but I want to know if you can at least accept the fact that if the kid just complied and didn’t try to get away the trickle down affect wouldn’t have made the negligent incident happen? The cop should be held accountable for her negligence 100% I just want to know if you can be reasonable is all.

The only thing I can surmise based on what looks like a leverage change in the video when she puts her hand on Wright's arm is that he expected her to maintain position while he did something with his own hands (swap position to apply cuffs, etc). She comes in contact with Wright, officer let's up. And it's in response to her letting go that Wright starts his bolt, because nobody has his right side.

That's the way I see it. Was it wrong that she shot him instead of tasering him? Yep. Would that have happened if he didn't make a run for it? Nope Cause and effect.

Maura proclaims that all post-ban ARs are illegal and announces that she's going to start going door to door hunting them down, because they're super dangerous and the fact that they're in circulation poses a clear and imminent threat to the good citizens of the commonwealth. Bunch of scumbag gun owners DGAF and ignore her. At one of the no-knock raids the gun owner, who happens to have a warrant for some misdemeanor bullshit, ignores the cop's command to get on the ground and instead tries to bolt out the back door (empty-handed). Cop, thinking he has a beanbag shotgun actually has a gun with slugs in it and proceeds to blow a hole through the guy. Is it the cop's fault or the gun owner's?

Yup. Do you know what gaslighting is? If so, maybe you can point out what I said that wasn't factually true.
The department has stated she was negligent by intending from her vocalizations to tase.

Nobody has even been charged yet, let alone gotten off the hook. Nor has the department made any challenge to what the state of her stress or training was; that's going on here, certainly, especially the latter, because nobody in their right mind should have any confusion which tool is which.

And there certainly wouldn't have been a parade, in any locale.

So, in sum, not one iota of what you stated is correct.

I'd suggest you'd best check the definition yourself.

The department has stated she was negligent by intending from her vocalizations to tase.

Nobody has even been charged yet, let alone gotten off the hook. Nor has the department made any challenge to what the state of her stress or training was; that's going on here, certainly, especially the latter, because nobody in their right mind should have any confusion which tool is which.

And there certainly wouldn't have been a parade, in any locale.

So, in sum, not one iota of what you stated is correct.

I'd suggest you'd best check the definition yourself.

Oh, I'd best? Alright, alright, alright. Yup, you're still wrong.

Maura proclaims that all post-ban ARs are illegal and announces that she's going to start going door to door hunting them down, because they're super dangerous and the fact that they're in circulation poses a clear and imminent threat to the good citizens of the commonwealth. Bunch of scumbag gun owners DGAF and ignore her. At one of the no-knock raids the gun owner, who happens to have a warrant for some misdemeanor bullshit, ignores the cop's command to get on the ground and instead tries to bolt out the back door (empty-handed). Cop, thinking he has a beanbag shotgun actually has a gun with slugs in it and proceeds to blow a hole through the guy. Is it the cop's fault or the gun owner's?
Well if the gun owner was smart he wouldn’t run and just say “Lost em in a boating accident” but if you want to hook me up for a moronic misdemeanor go for it. I will be drinking beers a few hours after I get bailed out.

Well if the gun owner was smart he wouldn’t run and just say “Lost em in a boating accident” but if you want to hook me up for a moronic misdemeanor go for it. I will be drinking beers a few hours after I get bailed out.

He wasn't smart though, he panicked and tried to run and now he's dead.

Neither. It's Maura's fault. I thought we all knew that.......

He wasn't smart though, he panicked and tried to run and now he's dead.
I would say the same thing I been saying in this whole thread. It doesn’t change for me regardless if it’s a black thug kid or a white gun owner. After the dust settles then fire the cop and charge him/her

Was it wrong that she shot him instead of tasering him? Yep. Would that have happened if he didn't make a run for it? Nope Cause and effect.
We all know exactly how the media would spin it in that situation.

Heck, if the guy were wanted for failure to appear in a case where he fled police previously, half of NES would say he brought it on himself.

And she wouldn't have had cause to reach if he hadn't run.

You can be mad at the fact she drew the wrong tool. Absolutely no one is disagreeing with that. End of the day, it's the choice to try and vacate that caused it.

Had the cops not pulled him over.

Had he not been arrested and had a warrant.

Had there not been an unconstitutional law prohibiting the carry without a permit.

We can go on all day like this.

God forbid people take responsibility for their actions, I know. She pulled the trigger. That’s on her. He’s dead. Her disregard for human life is nobody’s fault but her own. If she had shot the other cop and killed him instead would you be blaming the dead cop too? After all, had he not botched the arrest and got in her way, he wouldn’t have been shot! See, his fault.

Yes or no

Heck, if the guy were wanted for failure to appear in a case where he fled police previously, half of NES would say he brought it on himself.

I feel like half of NES is saying that he brought it on himself. I disagree with that sentiment, but all the usual thoughts are coming from all the usual suspects.

I don't really see a defense for her. She is a 26 year veteran officer who grabbed a gun when she allegedly intended to grab a taser. Then when the gun was in her hand she still had no clue she didn't have a taser?

I would argue that she wanted to kill him so she grabbed the firearm and yelled taser to make it look like she grabbed the wrong weapon.

The only saving grace for her is that she only pulled the trigger once. Had she pulled the trigger more than once it would be difficult to convince anyone that she wasn't aware she had a firearm.

I'm still not convinced she didn't know.
You could potentially be 100% correct. Unfortunately only her and God know the truth

The person most culpable is the one most proximate to the action. That’s the shooter.

You can blame the victim all day long, but his actions as wrong as they were didn’t justify being shot to death, yet that’s what occurred. And it occurred because she f***ed up. She couldn’t handle the moderately stressful situation she was in and made a deadly mistake.

Back
Top Bottom